Chicago Gameday XVIII Planning Thread: Nov 10th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
[highlight]This thread is for planning purposes only. A separate thread will be created for player sign-up closer to Gameday. A link to that thread will be posted here.[/highlight]

This is the planning thread for Chicago Gameday XVIII. If you're interested in running an event for Gameday, or just have planning help to offer, this is the thread for you. If you're confused, learn more about Chicago Gameday.

[h1]The Time and The Place[/h1]
Gameday XVIII will be on Saturday, November 10th. Events start at 9:30am. Gameday XVIII will be hosted by Games Plus, a.k.a., Earth's Greatest Game Store™.

[h1]Events[/h1]
If you would like to run an event for Gameday XVIII, please post your event proposal in this thread and indicate when you would like to run it. An event title and short description should be provided for use in the sign-up thread. You don't need these in order to volunteer an event, but I'll need them eventually.

Gameday has two event slots that are 4-5 hours each: a morning slot from 9:30am to 2:30pm, and an afternoon slot from 4:00pm to 9:00pm (and beyond). We try to run 6-8 events in each slot, with 4-6 players plus GM in each event. GMs may request more/fewer seats in their event.

If you do not have an ENWorld Community Supporter account with Private Messaging enabled, please make sure I have your email address. Feel free to email me.

A player sign-up thread will be created in a few weeks. Once the sign-up thread begins, [highlight]GM volunteers have until one week before Gameday in which they may remove their event from the schedule[/highlight]. After that point, the schedule is set in stone, and you come to Gameday prepared to run your event, regardless of whether anyone has signed up for it.

Pre-approval of player sign-ups is not allowed. By volunteering to run an event, you're agreeing to run it for whomever signs up.

[h1]Current Event Lineup[/h1]
[h2]Morning[/h2]
  1. Burning Wheel, "The Caves of Chaos vs. The Keep on the Borderlands," buzz, table by whiteboard
    (5 seats + GM)
  2. D&D/d20, Mark, minis table
  3. d20 Modern, sw3333
  4. Qin: the Warring States, Reidzilla, his table
    (4 seats + GM)
  5. WitchCraft, "Best Laid Lines of Demons and Men," Ninjacat
    (6 seats + GM)
  6. Dogs in the Vineyard,"Gate to the Vineyard," Cerebral Paladin
    (4 seats + GM)
  7. Battlestar Galactica, Tekkmage, private room
  8. D&D, "LOOK, MA! NO HANDS!!!" TracerBullet42, one of the big tables in back
    (6 seats + GM)

[h2]Afternoon[/h2]
  1. D&D/d20, Mark, private room
  2. Nebuleon, "Operation: Obelisk," HinterWelt
  3. It Was a Mutual Decision, Nev the Deranged, table by whiteboard
    (5 seats + GM)
  4. Dark*Matter, "Raw Recruits," Trevalon Moonleirion
    (6 seats + GM)
  5. D&D, "Children in Peril!", Orichalcum
    (6 seats + GM)
  6. Dread, "The Hairy-Handed Gent Who Ran Amok in Kent," Pbartender
    (4 seats + GM)
  7. Call of Cthulhu BRP, "Release the Hounds!", Yort
    (4 seats + GM)
  8. Black Company d20, "The Muster of Morach Tor," Vyvyan Basterd
    (6 seats + GM)

[h1]Swap Meet[/h1]
Attendees are welcome to bring gaming product that they would like to trade with others.

[h1]Suggestions[/h1]
If you have suggestions, recommendations, or ideas for enhancing the fun of Gameday, please feel free to post them here and we'll open up discussion.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, I know I'm going to run something; the question is, what? :) Right now, I'm considering a Burning Wheel game run in old-school D&D style, or possibly taking my copy of Wild Talents for a spin.

At least I have a lot of time to consider. :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'll run a D&D and/or d20 game, first slot, on a minis table, please, and I'll run a D&D and/or d20 game, second slot, in the private room, also.

Thanks!

HinterWelt

First Post
Sheesh, Mark, aren't you the early bird that gets the room. ;)

I will run my ill fated Nebuleon SFRPG adventure in slot 2 if that is o.k.

Mission Briefing
Detailed mission briefing here

Here is the quick Blurb.

Operation : Obelisk
The Merchant Armed Services have been recruited to recover information from an archeological team declared overdue. The following photo was the first view of the probe Iranis sent five years ago. It is of the planet Kierant and its small moon Deikos with the Kiera Second neutron star in the back ground. Not pictured is the partner in the Binary star system, Kiera Prime, a red giant. Kierant is the only viable planet in the system and the Kiera (G-233) system is littered with the remains of her sister planet. Navigation will be dangerous and difficult due to the debris as well as the size of the material ranging from microscopic to planetoids.

Kierant itself is pleasant when not bombarded by meteors or comets. Temperatures range from 0 to 33 degrees Celsius. Most of the planet is covered in a variety of tree and plant life but no indigenous animals. The atmosphere is close to Standard with a rich oxygen balance.

The Iranis probe detected faint radiation readings concurrent with a latent MAM reactor. When closer survey scans revealed mound structures and a possible underground structure, a manned survey team was dispatched by InterStar, the trading and development firm who owned the rights and probe. For the past three years the the team has studied the ruins discovered there and according tot heir last report, believe them to be an outpost of the Thri T'Kree, an ancient race that dominated the Nebuleos in the First Millennium. They were declared overdue on their last check in two days ago. Nine hours ago an emergency beeper went off and the M.A.S. Noble, your ship, is the closest ship to the system.

Pregens
Raghi(SGT) Charum Banu (68 K PDF)

Shon Inin, Psi Corps, Telepath

Char Yorn (70K PDF)

More to come later...

Your Destination
kierantclean.jpg

Nev the Deranged

First Post
I'll take the table by the whiteboard for an afternoon slot of It Was a Mutual Decision.

And I'll probably end up signing up for whatever Buzz runs, but that's getting ahead of myself...

sw3333

First Post
Hey Buzz.

Well, we got the Nov. date, so I'd like to run a morning game (table doesn't matter to me). It'll be d20 modern based on (insert campy 80s music) The A-Team.

FCWesel

First Post
BUZZ...

Count me in the morning for a 4th edition D&D test game...just kidding...just put "fantasy game" for now (in the private room, please), I'm still deciding.

For the afternoon Battlestar Galactica RPG and in the afternoon at one of the big tables in the back.

Thanks.

buzz

Adventurer
Coolio. Added Mark's, HinterWelt's, Nev the Deranged's, sw3333's, and FCWesel's events.

If there ends up being room, I may run another event in the afternoon. Too many dang games on my shelf!

FCWesel

First Post
buzz said:
Coolio. Added Mark's, HinterWelt's, Nev the Deranged's, sw3333's, and FCWesel's events.

Hey Buzz, looks like you got my games backwards... here's my post reprinted.

Count me in the morning for a 4th edition D&D test game...just kidding...just put "fantasy game" for now (in the private room, please), I'm still deciding.

For the afternoon Battlestar Galactica RPG and in the afternoon at one of the big tables in the back.

Thanks, buddy. Not a big deal at this point. Still want to make sure I get the big table in the back, please for BSG.

Thanks, again.

Reidzilla

Explorer
Wow, I just got the message and it's over half full.

I guess I'd better claim a morning slot before there all gone in the next few hours. Standard 'Zillatable please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads