E6: The Game Inside D&D

Ry

Explorer
shdwrnr said:
So I've been milling about with campaign ideas for my first E6 game. Do you guys think Dark Sun E6 would be too much work to convert? It seems like the gritty struggle for survival setting that Dark Sun presents would work well, but upon reviewing the rules, it seems like it might be a bit too deadly; that Dark Sun was created for a higher level range than E6. Any thoughts?

I think it could be sweet, but you would have to think about how to do the monsters. Do you want the radioactive flair of darksun or just the grittiness?

I ran a _fantastic_ campaign arc (6 sessions) set in Dark Sun with no radioactive flair and lots of spirit magic. The game wasn't recognizeable as Dark Sun but if you decide to take Dark Sun Sorcerer Kings and Evil, Tempting Magic as well as Few Resources but skip Radioactive Monsters you could have one bad-ass game.

Will

First Post
BoVD? Doh, I have that book... Not to be too divergent, but is the one in BoVD 3.5 compatible? (If need be I can spawn a separate thread)

SodaGuy

First Post
I had a thought about prestige classes that you can't get into by 6th level.

I'll use loremaster as an example. It requires 10 ranks in two skills, so you can't take it. But what if you took the new feat to give you higher max skill ranks twice. And then open minded to get 10 ranks in both skills. If you also meet the other prerequisites, you could trade a level of wizard for one of loremaster probably with the phb2 retraining rules. You'd still be around the same power level but with class features more focused toward what you want.

I think it'd work.

Kunimatyu

First Post
rycanada said:
Unless it mentions DR I can hardly imagine that Corpse Creature has 3.5 / 3.0 changes.

The big change is that Corpse Creature had all damage by non-slashing weapons reduced by 1/2(just like 3.0 zombies), whereas the 3.5 version should probably have DR10/slashing.

You're probably going to be changing it to silver anyways, but I thought I'd throw that out there anyways...

Mokona

First Post
rycanada said:
this thread's purpose is more around making E6 campaigns
I can't wait to see Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition but I hope that it still has feats so I can play E6: 4.0 :cool:. Wizards of the Coast hopes they can extend the sweet spot but I'll believe it when I see it (few if any roleplaying games achieve this goal - but E6 is just that good)! E6 is perfect for a points of light campaign and is so simple it might be mostly version independent.

Can we get anyone to discuss E6 mods of 4th edition?

Ry

Explorer
Before I can talk about 4e incarnations of E6, I need to see what they mean by "the math is different" and that probably won't happen until we see the PHB.

I am just DYING to see that SRD though.

PoeticJustice

First Post
SodaGuy said:
I had a thought about prestige classes that you can't get into by 6th level.

I'll use loremaster as an example. It requires 10 ranks in two skills, so you can't take it. But what if you took the new feat to give you higher max skill ranks twice. And then open minded to get 10 ranks in both skills. If you also meet the other prerequisites, you could trade a level of wizard for one of loremaster probably with the phb2 retraining rules. You'd still be around the same power level but with class features more focused toward what you want.

I think it'd work.

or you could just ask the player if they'd like to swap their level 5 bonus feat or Scribe Scroll or their familiar for the Lore ability.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases