So no last Complete book for 3.5?

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Given the 4E announcement and the final product listings for 3.5, it seems there won't be a final/fourth Complete book in the line for fighter types, in the vein of Complete Scoundrel, Mage, and Champion.

Any thoughts or speculation on what such a book might have had? Would anyone have wanted to see something like that?

FalcWP

Explorer
I'm fine with it. Player's Handbook 2 had a lot of feats for martial characters, and the entire martial concept got a new angle with Book of Nine Swords. About the only thing I can imagine showing up in a new martial-characters book would have been per encounter or per day abilities that felt less magical than what Bo9S had.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
Would anyone have wanted to see something like that?
Yes.

I suppose the Bo9S could be seen that way. But technically, that was the counterpart to the Tome of Magic. So maybe not.

Glyfair

Explorer
FalcWP said:
I'm fine with it. Player's Handbook 2 had a lot of feats for martial characters, and the entire martial concept got a new angle with Book of Nine Swords. About the only thing I can imagine showing up in a new martial-characters book would have been per encounter or per day abilities that felt less magical than what Bo9S had.

I think that a Complete Warrior II (whatever is was called) would likely have built on the PHB II. I wouldn't have been surprised if it had built on Bo9S like Complete Mage built on the warlock.

Psion

Adventurer
Glyfair said:
I think that a Complete Warrior II (whatever is was called) would likely have built on the PHB II.

I think if you strip out the (IMHO lame) classes, the Complete Warrior II was the PHB II.

(Heck, you could credibly keep the knight and have it keep that role... which is a credible thing to do, the knight being the least lame class in the book.)

Jolly Giant

First Post
I was so hoping they would keep the 'Complete' line going until they got around to publishing a book called 'Complete Bastard'. We need more stuff for the blackguards! :p

On a slightly more serious note, didn't Complete Champion contain quite a bit of stuff for the martial types?

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Cthulhudrew said:
Given the 4E announcement and the final product listings for 3.5, it seems there won't be a final/fourth Complete book in the line for fighter types, in the vein of Complete Scoundrel, Mage, and Champion.

Any thoughts or speculation on what such a book might have had? Would anyone have wanted to see something like that?

How about the Complete Waste of Time and Money? I mean, seriously, WoTC ought to be at least smacked for false advertising. If the Complete Arcane had really been complete, there'd've been no need for a Complete Mage, for example.

Remove ads