Vote Vote Vote ISRP Event.

Do we want to fund and create our own convention?

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • No, I would like to meet up at an existing convention.

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amastacia

First Post
Yea and if we tag along with another con there's the slight chance some of us shorter folk may get lost in the masses hehe. I say we find some out of the way place where we don't have to worry about bothering other people, make our own food, and someone find a buddy who would DJ the event rather cheaply.

Kallikrates

First Post
Amastacia said:
. . . . I say we find some out of the way place where we don't have to worry about bothering other people . . . . .

Now that's an idea, we'll probably get lost and confused in such a place.
Which isn't good for me...since I'm usually confused.

I am just hoping that people arn't able to sign on to multiple accounts to vote more then once, that would be unfair. I am sure the magi have a way to check though after the voting is done.

Kallikrates

First Post
Well...the only way to do that is with multiple email accounts.
I have....four email accounts but I only use two of them.

One is my personal the other is for college.
The third is junk and the fourth is what Embarq provided me, but I don't use it.

Amastacia

First Post
Heck, I have a hard enough time staying logged in as Ama let alone logging in with multiple accounts lol! Nah only one vote from me!

Midna

First Post
I want ISRP to have their own convention, like why not try it out see if it works. It's those do or die things, we work hard at it, it will be a success. We don't work and fight for having our own convention then it loses. So why not give it a chance of having a convention that is strickly to the whole ISRP and all that.

Haeron

First Post
Midna said:
I want ISRP to have their own convention, like why not try it out see if it works. It's those do or die things, we work hard at it, it will be a success. We don't work and fight for having our own convention then it loses. So why not give it a chance of having a convention that is strickly to the whole ISRP and all that.

Im only trying to be realistic here. I believe in having a dream just as much as the next person. There are certain steps to take in order to make dreams come true. Lets look at what we have so far...21 peeps so far want to start our own convention. Lets just assume that these 21 peeps are committed in forking out the money it will take to start one. I could see it working on a small scale....Like picking a restaurant somewhere and making dinner reservations for a large group. I don't think I would travel a large distance just for that. Now...tagging along with an already established convention you have the opportunity to allow interest to grow beyond the boundaries of ISRP. I see conventions advertised all the time at all the other conventions I have been to. In fact you can purchase tickets for these other conventions in most cases. So in starting off in the "not-so-grandiose" category of tagging along...You wind up saving a heck of alot more money and potentially hooking on more interest. You don't even have to pick just one convention...You can divide it up...Like say there are a number of ISRP'rs who are already planning on going to GenCon....Nothing is stopping them from organizing to meet there...with no extra money involved. We could even design a really awesome distinguished Tee-shirt to wear and sell. :)

No matter how you look at it, you will be spending money:

General expenses:

Travel to location
Food and rooming
Daily alotment for buying random crap

Now cheap or more expensive, this all depends on how elaborate you want this ISRP thing to go. For a few hand fulls of people getting together it would not be to bad to keep it simple and easy, not extras. I mean we all want to do this because its a good idea, it would be nice to meet and become a more tightly nit group/family.

I don't think anyone is coming for the food, or the music that will be playing. !!not saying thats not a good idea if this proves to be a succssful venture!!

So I still feel a more private event then latching onto a busy convention for now.

One good think about going with a convention is that if it is a bust, and the majority of the group wishes to cut it short, there is the convention for a distraction.

I think all of the ideas are great, though some maybe alittle premature for our first time.

Toxicsyn

First Post
I would recommend set the event in a city where there is a convention going on. Those who wish to meet at a park/campsite location can still do so in the same city where the convention is happening and probably make arangements via email or phone to those in charge of that location to have this set up. Or you have the option of picking a locale/park that doesnt' require making such arangements (ie. parks or places that you don't need to pay for rent, just grab a few tables and enjoy till the security kicks you out).

Meanwhile, those who have the money and wish to experience the convention -can- and also enjoy the ISRP meet. Hopefully this will bring in a larger number of people.

The best of two worlds. For those dressing up, a Convention or a Ren Fair would be very good optional choices.

For those who don't have the cash, i would suggest saving a dollar a day, start today. Don't spend that dollar, keep it in a nice and hidey place where you won't touch it or be tempted to spend it. By the time the convention comes around (probably next Summer) which also happens to be convention and Ren Fair season, you should save 350 dollars roughly. Add an extra dollar to that dollar..double the results, add a third dollar to it, and triple the results, etc. See a Travel agent, this will reduce your travel fare by alot. Those who have the time and gas, road trip it!

For spending your good hard earn cash, the ISRP should be one fun event that be worth your payday and vacation, because this is a vacation not just a meet.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads