Locations & Prices for ISRP RL event.

Imreis

First Post
Camp grounds could work. And if you really want to save money. a good 90% of all camp grounds have little camp stores with snack foods. People could possibly buy their own food. If thats a cruddy idea, then what about like Brutal said, formulate a cash pool. It could be done when everyone arrives on the grounds and a small group. possibly locals could go out and get the food from the store.

this way it advoids possible loss of cash funds through the mail or worse things. heck *grins* if we all rough it, why not hunt? now THAT would be great! expecially if its during a hunting season.

Kallikrates

First Post
I will able to contribute to any on the spot cash pool.
But I do not trust any kind of electronic transfer, I've lost money that way.

But anyway, this camping idea seems good.
Even if I have never camped before, but no matter as there is a first time for everything.

But as for during hunting season I'll allow myself to be bait.
For what I have no clue.

Anyway, I am ready to allocate funds to this whenever it is needed.

Amastacia

First Post
Okay, I got a reply back from the woman who organized my ten year class reunion. To reserve Lafferty Ballpark (It has a building with a kitchen, a pavilion with picnic tables, and the ballfield) it costs $50. The camping idea could be coupled with this though it wouldn't be roughing it lol.

Kallikrates

First Post
I hate to be the bubble-burster, but after having talks with another RPer I've come to realize while the camping idea sounds fun is it really a wise choice for the first convention?

There are many factors when it comes to camping and while I would never want to see someone get hurt, I find myself thinking of the trust issue.

We have to 'feel' each other out first.
And that will take some time even if we are one big, crazy, RPing family.

But on the other hand, Amastacia's hybrid idea isn't such a bad idea.

It somewhat hinders the problem of not knowing who is really who.

I could go into some more rambling against the camping idea, but if anyone thinks on it long enough they will realize the other problems.

But anyway, that's my piece after much thinking.

Zar Endel

First Post
Maybe as it was said first, A event at a city or state park, in a town or something.

I do not think you guys have even dicided anything for certain, right?

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Amastacia said:
Okay, I got a reply back from the woman who organized my ten year class reunion. To reserve Lafferty Ballpark (It has a building with a kitchen, a pavilion with picnic tables, and the ballfield) it costs $50. The camping idea could be coupled with this though it wouldn't be roughing it lol.

Wow that doesn't sound bad!

Liadan

First Post
Imreis said:
heck *grins* if we all rough it, why not hunt? now THAT would be great! expecially if its during a hunting season.

Camping sure... hunting? I don't think I've got the skills of any of my characters for this task Immy! :confused: hehe What about I cook whatever is hunted? *nods* That I can do! ^_^

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Hunting. *shudder* I've nothing against hunting, as long as what is killed is eaten and used, but, I have trouble with food that I see still resembling the animal it once was. Can't even pick lobster out of a tank. Not that we can afford resturants where you do that all that often. . .

The ballpark with the kitchen and stuff sounds very good.

And, right, Zar, nothing has been decided yet. We're still considering options and pricing out the ideas.

I have been to a weekend event that was camping, and it was fun. That was in the Jemez (sp?) mountains in New Mexico, outside of Albuquerque. Since I don't drive, I couldn't even say for sure how far out side of Albuquerque, or if it was closer to Santa Fe. . .at any rate, most everyone was strangers to each other, and it worked out just fine.
And, of course, camping at a site is in the fine tradition of the SCA too. . .Just remember, when you pack your cooler full of meat and ice, make sure the drain plug is closed if you don't want to end up having to cook your whole weekend's worth of meals all on the first night. . .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases