Locations & Prices for ISRP RL event.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Brutal Bonegrinder said:
When its decided if we are doing our own, we can elaborate more on our options, the pros and cons of them.

Private property/camp grounds: would mean roughing it, less comfortable and well it might just not appeal to some. Etc etc

Close to city,town etc: Find a recreational park grounds or a camp ground close to well civilization gives the option of sleeping on the dirt or well in a bed of a hotel. Ect ect

There are lots of options, but there can be more that vote also.

I agree, and also I was looking at the poll and now more than 40 have voted. But I am curious... It says it is due to close at 12-05-07 at 03:10 PM. Now, I'm sure that is more then enough time but I guess I just want to make sure people are reminded about it often. Alot can happen in a few months, ya know.?

yeah, alot more people voted then what was noticed on the thread of people interested, I was hoping the entire site would vote because if its a success they would probably want to go in the future, so they have a right to it also ^_^ And I agree it should be reminded over and over.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Name: Montgomery Bell State Park
Activities: Biking, boating, fishing, golfing, hiking, picnic facilities and swimming.
Lodging: Camping, Group camping, Park Inn and cabins.
Food: There is a restaurant located in the park, or we can bring our own food.
Prices:
Montgomery Bell:
Inn rooms: Mon/Thur $78 for Queen, $80 for king no smoking, $90 for Parlor (Queen Bed Efficiency.), $160 for 1 bedroom suite and $190 for Two Bed Suite. (Most areas of Inns and cabins are non-smoking.)
Fir/Sat: Inn: $70, 1 Bed Suit: $110, 2 Bed Suite: $165, 3 Bed Suite: $220.

Here is a link for better pricing info: http://www.tennessee.gov/environment/parks/pdf/inncabn.pdf

And here is the link for campsite rates: http://www.tennessee.gov/environment/parks/pdf/camprates.pdf

The campsite rights seem fairly cheap. If anyone wants to look further into this place, here is the main site link: http://www.tennessee.gov/environment/parks/MontgomeryBell/

I will continue looking for other places as well.

Last edited:

Midna

First Post
*Sigh* Only issue now that I think about it with the convention is that so many of the Rpers are set across the states. Such as the west and east, hmm... this bites that I think of it for those like me over here in the west that can't travel over to the east if others decide for the convention to be there. Then again if the convention does fall through be fun to have it travel to other states so other folks aren't left out for going.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Remember Midna, the voting isn't even over yet. So all options are being considered still, we are still just brainstorming, setting out prices and places so we will have a list to chose from when the time comes. There is still much to be planned out and I think that if we stay on the ball we can make this happen and be able to aid those whom can't afford to travel, in getting to the event.

Midna

First Post
Not as much I can't afford to go heh, more so it's work that keeps me tied down XP. I know there is still voting to be done, but I started to think of it'd be cool if the convention moved from state to state. Be cool for like yuh' know a different area different place for people to see and travel too, and gives others a chance to see what it's like where others live.

are we all missing something simple and basic. this is the season for Renaissance and Medival Faires... we COULD meet at one of those... not that I can afford the leave the state at this point anyway... but there we have a PUB, food, people in garb that speak the lingo, and if we want to dress the part, some faires even allow people to carry live steel weapons. it's public there are lots of activities to do, shows to see, things to buy (for those who like to sit in the market and buy things), they are literally their own world.

ALSO for those who want to camp, I know for a FACT the Michigan Renaissance Festival has two large camp grounds within 2 miles of the faire itself. I doubt highly that it's the only one.

Last edited:

Remove ads