Hunted: Enemies of the Empire OOC (Recruiting Closed)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Background
Shortly following the Rise of the Empire, Palpatine's power was complete, almost. Although the Emperor's apprentice, the infamous Darth Vader, had been sent to scour the galaxy of the Jedi Order, a rare few managed to escape his clutches and retreated to fringe worlds or went into hiding on homeworlds. Vader now roams the galaxy seeking these rogue elements.

But Vader is not the only villain enemies of the Empire need fear. There is also the Syndicate, a loose conglomerate of corrupt merchants and bounty hunters who work for the Emperor going places too far out for even Vader. The Syndicate's primary purpose is espionage, clandestinely surveying suspected foes of the Emperor, but the databanks they maintain on the Holonet serve to guide numerous anonymous and independent bounty hunters and speculators looking to make a quick credit.

It is a dangerous time to oppose Palpatine's new order, but there are those who have found ways to profit from it. A smuggler known only as Zin makes a killing by keeping Palpatine's enemies hidden from his view. Zin's Renegades are a special group of undercover operatives who specialize in getting to Palpatine's enemies before bounty hunters or Darth Vader do, and taking them somewhere safe. Zin's motivations seem primarily based on money, but one can not doubt that his assistance has been useful to keep hope alive.

Game Information
Players will play as members of Zin's Renegades seeking out and aiding rebels who oppose Palpatine by getting them to safety. It will require some thinking and strategic planning as well as the ability to slug it out in a serious fire-fight. All classes are allowed, but be aware that Force Sensitive characters such as Jedi are likely to face unique challenges in avoiding detection. Characters begin at first level using 25 point buy. Any of the standard species are allowed as long as they had been discovered by the time of the Rise of the Empire era. All characters begin at 1st level with maximum starting credits. Only unrestricted and licensed items are available at start of play, unless you are a Jedi, in which case you begin with a lightsaber. Please note that I have never read any Star Wars books so for this campaign, only the six feature films will be considered canon. The time period is several years after the events of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

I will accept up to four players. Post here to express interest, as well as character ideas for approval. I stop accepting characters on September 16th. Good luck and may the Force be with you.

Rogue's Gallery
IC Adventure

See this post if you are interested in being an alternate.

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
This sounds like fun.

I am in for a Jedi that specializes in Force Stealth techniques. I do not have my book on me right now, but there are abilities that can hide you from force detection and so on.

I am thinking a Jedi that was trained by one of these Rogue Jedi specifically for the purposes of aiding the Zin's Renegades. His mentor has been not so recently captured or destroyed by the Empires' hunters and he is currently thrust into the Renegade life before he was really ready for it. He is hoping that his Master has prepared him for the tasks that lie ahead.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
That's a good background, FreeXenon. You're in. Just make sure to post a character by sept. 16.

Also, to everyone, please use the Star Wars stat block for your character so I can find everything.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Trangle Orithan (Male Ithorian Jedi [Guardian] 1)

Code:
[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4][B]Trangle Orithan[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[i]Medium Male Ithorian Jedi 1[/i]
[b]Destiny:[/b] 1 	[b]Force Points:[/b] 5 (d6)
[B]Init:[/B]   +6  	[B]Perception:[/B]  +2

[B]Languages[/B] Basic, Ithorian, Twi'lek

[COLOR=DarkOrange]************ Defenses ************[/color]

[b]Reflex[/b]: 13; 	[b]Fortitude[/b]: 12     	[b]Wil[/b]l: 16;
	[i]CL + Abil + Base Save[/i]

[b]Hit Points[/b]: 30 		[b]Threshold[/b]: 12

[COLOR=DarkOrange]************ Attacks ************ [/color]

[b]Speed[/b] 6 squares

[b]BAB[/b] +1	[b]Melee[/b] +1  	[b]Grp[/b] +1 		[b]Rng/Finesse[/b] +2

[b]Melee[/b] 
	+1 [B]Light Saber[/B] (2d8+1) 

[b]Atk Options:[/b]
	[b]Bellow[/b]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]**************** Abilities **************** [/color]

[b]Str[/b] 10, [b]Dex[/b] 12, [b]Con[/b] 10, [b]Int[/b] 12, [b]Wis[/b] 14, [b]Cha[/b] 16

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Talents[/b][/color]: 
	[J1] [b]Clear Mind[/b]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Feats[/b][/color]:   [i]Weapon Proficiency (Simple Weapons, Light Saber)[/i]
        [Ith] [b]Skill Focus (Know (Life Sciences)[/b]
        [J1]  [b]Force Sensitivity[/b]
        [L1]  [b]Skill Focus (Use The Force)[/b]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Skills[/b][/color]:   [i]1/2 CL + Abil + (Trained +5) + (SF +5)[/i]
	+13 [b]Use the Force[/b]
	+6  [b]Initiative[/b]
	+11 [b]Knowledge (Life Sciences)[/b]		

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Special Abilities[/b][/color] 
	[Ith] [b]Bellow[/b] (6/3d6/-1); 
	      [b]Iron Will[/b] (+2 Will Save)
	      [b]Survival Instict[/b] (reroll survival checks)
	[UtF] [b]Force Trance[/b] (DC 10) 
	      [b]Move Light Obj[/b] (DC 10/15)
	      [b]Search Your Feelings[/b] (DC 15)
	      [b]Sense Force[/b] (Auto/DC 15)
	      [b]Sense Surroundings[/b] (DC 15/20)
	      [b]Telepathy[/b] (DC 15-30)

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]************ Possessions ************[/b][/color]: 

Light Saber (Light Green), 
Jedi Robes (Grey and Brown)

Credit Chip 	100
Datapad (Basic)	100
Aquata Breather	350
All Temp. Cloak	100 
Utility Belt	500
    [i](3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack (x5), energy cell (x5), 
    glow rod, short-range comlink (encrypted), liquid cable dispenser)[/i]

Credits: 50

[COLOR=DarkOrange]********************************[/color]

[B]Experience: [/B] 

[COLOR=DarkOrange]**************** Background and Description ****************[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Description[/b][/color]

[b]Age[/b]	20		[b]Skin:[/b] 	Light Tan
[b]Height[/b] 	1.9 meters	[b]Weight:[/b] 60 kg
[b]Hair[/b] 	None		[b]Eyes:[/b] 	Black

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]History[/b][/color]

Trangle was taken as a young child from his family by a rogue Twi'lek Jedi 
that, as all others not in the employ of the Empire, are being hunted to 
extinction by Lord Vader and his minions.Trangle was discovered on an outer 
rim plant by the female Jedi Iitha Grott. She took Trangle from his family 
with their permission and brought him into the Renegade's fold. The Ithorian 
was trained to hide himself and others from other force uses. Iitha was 
killed by agents of the Empire 2 weeks ago, and Trangle feels not ready to 
take on the responsibilities that his mentor had. He feels young and 
inexperienced. How can he survive if his master could not. Self doubt 
suffuses his thoughts, but he tries hard to repress this emotion and control 
it.He hopes very strongly that Iitha was able to foresee this moment and was 
able to prepare him for his new responsibilities and duties with 
Zin's Renegades.

His cabin is filled with plants, water, soil all carefully tended to by his 
hand. Trangle enjoys all things natural and often wonders how he got 
caught up in all of this - the empire, the Jedi purge, the Rebellion and 
everything. How much simpler and safer life would have been if he would 
not have shown an ability for the Force. His mind often wanders around 
that thought, but then he also thinks of all of the things that he would 
not have seen or done, if that had not happened, how much of the galaxy 
that he would not understand and perceive and do were it not for the Force. 
The Force is a great ally and a great teacher if you let it be. If you listen 
to it. 

[b]Quote:[/b] As the Force allows, I will do what I can.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Man o man I wish I had the new SW Saga book so I could get in on this! Sounds like fun. Maybe I'll just keep reading and live vicariously through you all! ;) :heh: :(

James Heard

Explorer
I'm interested, seeing as how my saga game I was trying to play in has apparently evaporated due to a lack of GM.

I'd be looking to playing a Mirilian(ie, funny looking human) either as a Noble or a Jedi (Sentinel talent path) who, after that planet's disastrous defeat in the clone wars and the deaths of famous Jedis such as Luminara Unduli and her apprentice fighting for the Empire, brings perhaps a less than total commitment to the "cause" but a deep appreciation for the avenues of wickedness people avail themselves of. He/She (I haven't decided what I'd prefer) might also double as a pilot depending on what other sorts of characters start appearing.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
That sounds ok, James. But I think it best to warn you that I know virtually nothing about Mirialans, so I would not be able to incorporate the race heavily into my campaign. You would likely be the only Mirialan the players ever encounter.

As I mentioned, I have not read any of the books, I have just seen the movies so if you base your character on something more obscure, I might disappoint you with my knowledge of such.

James Heard

Explorer
airwalkrr said:
That sounds ok, James. But I think it best to warn you that I know virtually nothing about Mirialans, so I would not be able to incorporate the race heavily into my campaign. You would likely be the only Mirialan the players ever encounter.

As I mentioned, I have not read any of the books, I have just seen the movies so if you base your character on something more obscure, I might disappoint you with my knowledge of such.
Actually I don't think anyone knows much about Mirilians, they're an interesting visual based (as far as I know) off of a few related seconds long scenes in the Prequel movies. They're a "not normal" color of green/gold and they all have facial (and possibly other) tattoos (at least all three that have been shown). They fought on the wrong side of the war against the empire as a planet, but two of the Jedi generals fighting for the empire were Mirilian. As "near humans" they're probably not on the same social downscale as say Wookies in Palpatine's empire, but they're probably not on a love and hugs basis (near humans I mean) because of the Empire's racist policies, even without mentioning "And oh yeah, we defied you during the Clone Wars."

I've been itching to play one because of the interesting visual and because they're not all that played out. They don't come with a lot of baggage, so if I screwed up I'm not going to get crosswise looks like I might if I start mentioning "the jungles of Tattooine" or something. It also gives a grudge, some likely folk heroes that very little is discussed about in movies, and a reason to defy the Empire.

Remove ads