(OT) NFL2K3 or Madden 2003?

King_Stannis

Explorer
i played a demo of NFL2K3 last night at software etc. that game looks REALLY cool. i'm sure madden 2003 is cool too, but i think i'm going to get the NFL2K3. the play looked so fluid and realistic...for example, while i was playing at the store, i rolled out the cincy QB (kitna, or whatever scrub they have collecting a paycheck this year) on 4th down. he go LIT UP big time. not only that, he fumbled the ball very realistically and the defense recovered. for a split second it looked like a real NFL game on TV. i was blown away.

it's a tough call, but i'm getting sega's NFL2K3 this year.

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
King_Stannis said:
i played a demo of NFL2K3 last night at software etc. that game looks REALLY cool. i'm sure madden 2003 is cool too, but i think i'm going to get the NFL2K3. the play looked so fluid and realistic...for example, while i was playing at the store, i rolled out the cincy QB (kitna, or whatever scrub they have collecting a paycheck this year) on 4th down. he go LIT UP big time. not only that, he fumbled the ball very realistically and the defense recovered. for a split second it looked like a real NFL game on TV. i was blown away.

it's a tough call, but i'm getting sega's NFL3K this year.

Trent Dilfer is Seattle's starting QB this year, excluding the 4-8 weeks he's out with an injury.

Oh and definitely get NFL 2K3.

I am really torn on this. Madden has the Create a Play/Playbook feature, as well as a bunch of new defensive stuff, and apparently they speeded up the gameplay just a touch from 2002, but I have read in several places that 2K3 is spectacular. Given that...what do people think?

PS. I have a Gamecube -- so I get progressive scan on Madden (I do care about graphics some, but any improvement over Madden 2002 will be okay graphically).

shouit

Explorer
I have always purchased Madden in the past and plan on doing so now, but I have a PS2 and was wondering what is the play control difference between the two? Even from earlier, I know passing is different on each different football game.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
I like both series of games. The Sega games have generally been better, but it's sometimes entertaining to hear Madden ramble on and on about little stuff....

"So I was talking to Jerry Rice's dad before the game, and he told me that Jerry thought I should get better food on my trailer. So I went to Jerry Rice and I said, 'how come you think I need to get better food on my trailer?' And he said 'I don't think that, my dad thinks that.' So then I went back and talked to Jerry Rice's dad and it turns out that he doesn't like the food on my trailer."

And so forth.

shouit

Explorer
I AM SOOO WEAK

I just went out and bought Madden. I know, I should have read more about it, but, I have always liked Maddens in the past. Played Quarterback Club for a while there on N64. But, I am weak, I know. Beat me with something sharp that will hurt a lot.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Re: I AM SOOO WEAK

shouit said:
I just went out and bought Madden. I know, I should have read more about it, but, I have always liked Maddens in the past. Played Quarterback Club for a while there on N64. But, I am weak, I know. Beat me with something sharp that will hurt a lot.

So how is it? And what system did you buy it for?

Last edited:

shouit

Explorer
So far, so good. I have only played one game of it and it was fairly similar to the other ones. Haven't used any of the special features yet. Graphics are very good. Oh yeah, it is for PS2. Will give another update when I can play with it a little more

drothgery

First Post
I'll probably rent NFL2K3 for Xbox this weekend. I've got NFL Fever 2002, which is very pretty but the AI isn't all that great. And since even with Madden, the Xbox version is always the best-looking one if it exists, and I actually like the big Xbox controller, I don't bother using my PS2 for sports games (or anything but RPGs, really).

alsih2o

First Post
nfl blitz 20-03!!! by midway games!

(o.k., i don't even own a console system, but i do own a bunch of midway, and this potter wants to retire and be a painter by 40:D )

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases