Psergei, NE Greater Goddess of Fire

Trouvere

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Rebuke/Command Oozes?
I can see the logic, but I can't help but imagine a demented Psergei-worshipper urging his coterie of rapidly shrivelling puddings across the next sand dune to the oas- aww, they're dead.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Trouvere said:
I can see the logic, but I can't help but imagine a demented Psergei-worshipper urging his coterie of rapidly shrivelling puddings across the next sand dune to the oas- aww, they're dead.
How about a maddened thirst-crazed Psergei worshipper with skin cracked from the heat and eyes bloodshot moving her half-paralysed palsied face up to her pet Gelatinous Cube to bite off another chunk to guzzle down? Sounds like a creepy villain :] (plus we already have Water and Plant rebuke in other domains)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
B4cchus, do you have any thoughts on this? I ask because the only reason I even created a Desert domain was because you thought it was necessary. Psergei still only needs one more vote, it doesn't hinge on the Desert domain getting passed.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
If there's any question about a domain power, how about a Destroy Water effect of some kind?

Also, I'm curious about ENWorld geography. There are deserts (big ones) in the Land of Air, and deserts (hot ones that give way to volcanoes) in the Land of Fire. How about the Land of Negative Energy between them?

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I believe the negative energy area is barren badlands and marsh.
Aha! A source of (brackish, evil-tainted) water in the desert! Excellent! :]

So, a major temple for Psergei should be in the Land of Fire, and another hidden among the dunes of Sairundan?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Absolutely, yes. I hadn't really thought about it, but yeah, Psergei should certainly have a presence in Sairundan. It is a desert, after all. Problem is, most Sairundani are chaotic good I think, so any church of Psergei would have to be secret.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
I figure the Land of Fire grand temple would be some large, obvious landmark with signs saying "This Way to the Evil Fire Goddess" across pools of lava and the like. Perhaps in the heart of a volcano, in the middle of a parched, stony desert.

In the Sairundan desert, though, it would definitely be a hidden, secret temple, far out past the dunes where only the most devout or foolish would dare brave the unending heat to meet with an obvious doom. It would be a sand-colored ancient wonder of architecture, hidden behind mirages and relentless sandstorms.

Knight Otu

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Absolutely, yes. I hadn't really thought about it, but yeah, Psergei should certainly have a presence in Sairundan. It is a desert, after all. Problem is, most Sairundani are chaotic good I think, so any church of Psergei would have to be secret.
I'd consider it more of a tendency, rather than a 'most' - there are definitely evil and/or lawful Sairundani. But yes, a temple to Psergei would have to be secret, and not just because of her evil nature. Though of course, there is more to the Lands of Air than just Sairundan.

(Oh, and I really had to fight the urge to jump into Sojourn and post "Oohh, shiny Helatia", Rae! Well done!)

The Lands of Negative Energy should be pretty barren as well, essentially lifeless in the regions closest to the tower. The farther regions may be more lush than the Lands of Fire and Air, though. Not the region Psergei would prefer in any case, though.

Remove ads