4E DMs--Are you ending your campaign for 4e?

Poll: Are you planning a campaign finale?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

DMs--Are you ending your campaign for 4e?

As the title says (and the poll, of course), will you be ending your 3e campaign to start the new edition? Not sure what I'll be doing yet, but this seems likely. A nice campaign altering event would be good (ala Die Vecna Die!).
    Bret Boyd - President, Tricky Owlbear Publishing, Inc.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

I decided to start my campaign with 4e. Does not seem make sense to start a hombrew world in 3.5 and then have to convert it a few months later.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Yes.

Sort of. I'll start a new campaign with new PCs, but most likely I'll continue to use my world. My world is Norse Mythology+Fantasy Geography. I don't know if I'll write a big campaign ending.

COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

We'll move the campaign to 4e, or we'll play the 3.5e rules out to a good stopping point and reboot. Really depends how the 4e rules look.

Cheers, -- N

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

I'll start a new campaign with 4E. Whatever 3E campaigns I still have going will continue, either under 3.5 rules, or I may convert them or use a hybrid or 3.5/4E.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Yes. Although we will not be changing settings, and we have an adventure in mind to change the nature of the world, we'll be wrapping this campaign up and starting a sequel after the conversion.

Technically. I'm a module/AP fan. However, I got the turn at the DM chair in the middle of Savage Tide, well before Pathfinder. So, my current campaign is various homebrew sources. I'm ending it so my friend can start the first Pathfinder module the day after my birthday. That'll take us past the start of fourth, but I'll still want to run the next Pathfinder before I switch. That's also not considering Red Hand of Doom, which I'd still like to run.

So, my campaign ends a few months before 4th, mainly because of 4th. Then we run good 3.5 adventures until hell freezes over and I get my friend to convert from 3.5.

Time Agent (Lvl 24)

I ended my last campaign before 4e was announced.

With luck, my next one won't start until after 4e is released.

Despite that timing, the onset of 4e has nothing to do with anything...I'm moving from 1.5e to 1.5e.

Lanefan

Greater Elemental (Lvl 23)

Yes and no.

I'll continue running whatever campaign I am running at the time, under 3.5e rules, until it comes to a natural close.

The next campaign I start after that point will be under 4e rules, unless we decide not to switch.

I won't be converting the campaign in mid-stride, and I won't 'artificially' end the campaign in order to move over.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Quote Originally Posted by delericho
    Yes and no.

I'll continue running whatever campaign I am running at the time, under 3.5e rules, until it comes to a natural close.

The next campaign I start after that point will be under 4e rules, unless we decide not to switch.

I won't be converting the campaign in mid-stride, and I won't 'artificially' end the campaign in order to move over.
    Me too. I'll run the adventure paths I've got, and start running a 4th edition game as well once there are enough adventures for it. I think that Pathfinder's third run was supposed to be 4th ed., so we're probably looking at getting that started in August '08.

Quick Reply Quick Reply