music cd ripper -> .mp3

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
Most, if not all, MP3 players will come with their own software to rip, burn, and make lists of all the toons you want. Windows Media Player does a fine job.

What MP3 player are you considering? If you are looking to another brand other than iPod I want to HIGHLY recommend the site www.anythingbutipod.com because it reviews every MP3 manufacturer and models out there. It certainly helped me in my choice. They also have forums galore. Don't skip over COWON's iAudio line, expecially their D2.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I used what came with my MP3 player. Although I actually ended up ripping my music to WMAs. They sound about as good, but are about 60% the size.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Thanks everyone. My player is a Coby MP-C855. It was a gift from work, so I didn't have much choice in the brand/model. It did not come with software, it recommended WMP. I'm having some trouble getting it to sync, so I'm going to try Audiograbber, and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Brian
<><

ssampier

First Post
I actually was wondering this myself. I know about iTunes and Windows Media Player (don't like either). Since MusicMatch is dead, I thought, what else is out there? :lol:

Tharian

First Post
The one I used to use most on Windows was DBPowerAmp. It was very easy to use, you could change the format output by the ripper and it connected to online databases to autopopulate the track information. Very easy and fun to use. I even used it once when converting an audio cassette to a digital format.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Ayrk

First Post
I've always been a fan of CDex. It is free, will pull the song information from an external database, and has a small footprint without automatically loading anything at boot up (I'm looking at you iTunes).

Remove ads