stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft [Closed]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Slots have been filled.

The Thaliost Six was not prepared for what had found them in the remote wildnerness of the Morr Mountains. A plague of undead that caused all who fell to them to rise again and continue to hunger. Wolves stalk the woods, and there are tales of a dark ritual by witches to summon an evil power. And above it all, the Curse that started at the dread Castle lingers.

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft is looking for one or two new players. Please see the below links and the description below for more info.

IC | OOC | RG

Who
One or two more PCs to join the extant group of five. Character level will be 6th/7th. Looking for a tank character in preference to other types.

What
An Eberron mystery and horror themed campaign based upon the recently released Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. Important: If you have played the original I6 (Castle Ravenloft) let me know as there are strong similarities (but important differences) between the two!

When
I post at minimum once ever other day, with one post per day a goal for me. This is to keep the game flowing and interest/momentum high. Players should endeavor to be able to follow a similar once-per or every-other day routine with the expectation that I will NPC inactive players (especially in combat). I will only strongly consider folks with a strong track record of keeping with adventures!

Where
Here, of course! Here being ENWorld.

Why
Replacement for dropped out players.

How
Recruitment is limited to extant PCs or NPCs. I'd prefer extant PCs to be taken over first, you can find links to them in the Rogues Gallery. As a bonus for taking them over, you get to start at 7th level. Otherwise, you may choose one of the extant (non-fleshed out) NPCs, starting at mid 6th or so.

Extant PCs
These the two PC slots we are looking to replace primarily. Some changes can be made to the mechanics of the character, but not large sweeping changes.

- Sir Khensu Feral Shifter Inquisitor of the Silver Flame. A holy warrior and boon companion to Jarrith and the less talkative Marot.

- Maraat Jaasakah - Marot "The Deadly" Human warlock fighting his tainted soul; serves the Silver Flame.

Extant NPCs
Below are a list of extant NPCs that PCs can take over. General sketch of abilities, personalities, and other known things about the characters are given. Players are mostly free to develop the character to their desire given the constraints. If requesting to play the NPC, try to flesh out how you would make it your own.

- Landreth (Fighter of some sort) Half-orc mercenary in the service of House Deneith. Not very talkative (hasn't said a word yet). Lost his very talkative companion earlier.

- Adalstan d'Cannith (Artificer) A well humored Aundarian with close cropped curls and a mischievous smile. Not well liked by the Karnn Cannith faction being tacitly associated with Cannith North due to his heritage, and was 'honored' with his place on the expedition as a consequence. Provide artificing services as needed.

Submitting Concepts
To submit for a slot, please let me know who you would choose and how you would make the character your own (i.e., quirks, distinguishing abilities, etc.). Do not provide a character sheet, just a concept sketch. In addition, provide a link to any games you have played in or run here on ENWorld, if any. All of these together will help paint a picture of your overall concept and how it would be executed. Keep in mind the Eberron-feel of your concepts, though players with no knowledge of Eberron can be brought up to speed as necessary.

Character Creation
To simplify the creation of concepts, the following will be allowed during final character creation: Core, the Complete Series (including Complete Mage), the PHBII, the DMGII, all Eberron books, and Heroes of Horror. However, do not dwell too much on mechanics at this stage. Try not to go with too esoteric of a concept unless you can really justify it. Keep in mind that this game will not involve the Dreaming Dark, making Kalashtar and their ilk a hard sell.

Decision Process
Players will be picked based upon the cohesion of the concepts to form a group, and the "fun-to-play-with" factor of the ideas. For players taking over old PCs, I'll also look at your spin on the character.

I will hold recruitment open until at least Friday.

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
I'm intrigued by Maraat/Marot, as I've wanted to play a Warlock for a while. I would like to throw my hat into the ring to take him over.

However, I do not have the Complete Mage, so I am not familiar with the Enlightened Spirit PrC abilities, I would either need a quick rundown of the class, or stop by the local bookstore. If chosen, I would like to tinker with a couple of his feat choices (obtain familiar and persuasive) and a few of the invocations known.

The largest change would be to convert his white rat to a normal animal and add in Handle Animal Skill ranks (and 6 taught tricks) instead of it being a familiar. He would still talk quite a bit to it, and would have taught it to answer to his name, etc.

Last edited:

stonegod

s@squ@tch said:
How far along in the adventure are you at this point? 1/3 done? 1/2? 2/3?
About 1/3, me guess. There are three majors sections (Town, Wilderness, Castle). Finished the town, working on Wilderness (may stop by the Castle briefly, not sure yet).

Drowned Hero

First Post
Rutog Shifter Fighter 6

Rutog Stinking corpses all over the place
Male Shifter (Razorclaw) fighter 6
Medium
Chaotic Neutral
Init +3; Low-light vision 60ft.; Listen +0 Spot +1
Languages Common, Riedran
AP n
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------
AC 21, touch 11, flat-footed 20; Abilities that change AC Shifting; +4

natural, +2 con
hp 35

Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2
Weaknesses weaknesses

-----------
Speed 20 ft.
Melee weapon
Spear [1d8, crit x3,20 ft, two-handed, piercing]
Flail [1d8, crit x2,one-handed, bludgeoning]
Longsword [1d8, crit 19-20/x2, one-handed, slashing]
Rapier [1d6, crit 18-20/x2,one-handed, piercing]

Ranged weapon
Composite Longbow [1d8, crit x3, range incr. 100 ft,piercing]

Two weapon fighting, point blankshot, shifter multiattack

Attack (handheld): +10/+5 = 6 [base] +4 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +10/+5 = 6 [base] +4 [strength]
Attack (missile): +9/+4 = 6 [base] +3 [dexterity]

Grapple check: +10/+5 = 6 [base] +4 [strength]

-----------
Abilities Str 18, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 10 Wis 10, Cha 7
SQ special qualities (not usable in combat)
Extra Shifter Trait (Beasthide), Great Rend, Shifter Multiattack,

Blind-fight, Dodge, Point Blank Shot, Two-Weapon Fighting,
Code:
Appraise 	Int 	0 =+0
Balance 	Dex* 	6 =+3+1+2 [shifter]
Bluff 	        Cha    -2 =-2		
Climb   	Str* 	6 =+4  +2 [shifter]
Concentration 	Con 	1 =+1
Diplomacy 	Cha    -2 =-2		
Disguise 	Cha    -2 =-2
Escape Artist 	Dex* 	3 =+3
Forgery 	Int 	0 =+0
Gather Info 	Cha    -2 =-2
Handle Animal 	Cha    -1 =-2+1 	
Heal 	        Wis 	0 =+0
Hide 	        Dex* 	3 =+3
Intimidate 	Cha 	0 =-2+2 	
Jump 	        Str* 	2 =+4+2+2 [shifter] -6 [speed 20]
Listen 	        Wis 	0 =+0
Move Silently 	Dex* 	4 =+3
Ride 	        Dex 	4 =+3	+1 	
Search 	        Int 	1 =+0	+1 	
Sense Motive 	Wis 	1 =+0	+1 	
Spot 	        Wis 	1 =+0	+1 	
Survival 	Wis 	0 =+0
Swim 	        Str** 	4 =+4
Tumble 	        Dex* 	4 =+3	+1 	
Use Rope 	Dex 	3 =+3

* = check penalty for wearing armor
Possessions combat gear plus other stuff; 13000 gp; 161 lbs

161 lb Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
Crossbow bolts (quiver of 10) x1
Arrows (quiver of 20) x3
Backpack
Bedroll
Blanket, winter x2
Fishing net
Flint and steel
Grappling hook
Lantern (hooded)
Manacles x1
Mirror
Oil flasks x4
Rations (1 day) x4
Rope (50', hempen) x2
Signal whistle
Torches x2
Waterskins x2
Whetstone

-----------

WORKING...

Name of Special Ability/Quality/Etc. (Ex/Su/Sp): Description of special

ability.
Name of Other Special Ability/Quality/Etc. (Ex/Su/Sp): Description of other

special ability.

Appearance

Background

Primary Role/Distinguishing Abilities

Quirks

Dracomeander

First Post
I would also be interested in taking over the character of Maraat. The angst of trying to reconcile wanting to do the right thing using powers whose source is considered foul and wrong is a theme I've always wanted to explore.

A question arose however when I tried to run an Enlightened Spirit in a tabletop game that collapsed before the answer became important. How will Enlightened Spirit levels work with Warlock levels for the purposes of caster level?

Nothing is mentioned in the Enlightened Spirit's entry, and caster level becomes a major issue as levels increase and opponents start receiving SR.

I am playing Finnian Douglas in J. Alexander's The Four Lands.

Last edited:

stonegod

Drowned Hero Please re-read the first post. I'm only taking replacements for the created PCs or the specific NPCs mentioned.

Dracomeander Enlightened Spirits do not increase warlock CL---it is designed that way AFIAK.

Drowned Hero

First Post
stonegod said:
Drowned Hero Please re-read the first post. I'm only taking replacements for the created PCs or the specific NPCs mentioned.

Ah. then i misunderstood the post from that other game...

Im not really into playing character that i dont build. I guess my shifter will go to my archive.

stonegod

Drowned Hero said:
Ah. then i misunderstood the post from that other game...

Im not really into playing character that i dont build. I guess my shifter will go to my archive.
The NPCs are free to build given their description (Landreth is a half-orc fighter type, dour; Aldastan is a human Cannith artificer).

stonegod

Another note: This is not first posted, first added. There may be multiple people vying for the same PC/NPC.

Dracomeander

First Post
stonegod said:
Dracomeander Enlightened Spirits do not increase warlock CL---it is designed that way AFIAK.

Fair enough. I find it odd that the Enlightened Spirit gains an Eldritch Essence specifically designed to be more effective against evil outsiders when so few evil outsiders lack SR. I bring it up with every DM I game with when a warlock character joins the group. Every DM has their own way to handle it. I was also asking because the post of Maraat in the Rogue's Gallery had the Enlightened Spirit level adding to the Warlock CL.

Also, are you using Fractional BAB and Saves?

I like the background and personality presented for Maraat. I'm reading through the game thread to see how Maraat has been presented and to come up with ideas of how I'd present and possibly tweak the character.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases