Sneak Peak

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
If the demons and devils thread is still live, this one will stay live as well. How many people will be warned for talking smack is a better betting pool. ;P

Lackhand

First Post
Deadpools are in such bad taste.

BTW, I don't think "Feywild" is the ethereal, per se, though I agree that Shadowfell sounds like an awesome plane-of-shadow-y type place.

I guess the Realm of Faerie might be filling the same role as the ethereal, but the ethereal was defined (in third edition) as the between-place you go when you're pushed out of the prime.

It had a *status* condition for it.

Earlier editions made the ethereal mo' better, but even then, it's a way of getting to the Inner Planes. Feywild just doesn't sound transitive to me, y'know? Still, fairy paths and places to hide out sound like fun...

If they're serious about squeezing every drop of awesome that they can from the rule set, I'd imagine that they'll either do some sort of merge between the Incorporeal and Ethereal statuses, or leave them separate, cut the description of the Ethereal Plane and move it into the Ethereal Condition.

There are very few adventures set in the Ethereal Plane that couldn't be set in a similar plane elsewhere; the Ethereal's main claim-to-fame is inheriting the wallpaper of whereever you happen to be on the Prime in the Ether.

Other than that, it's defined as empty.

I think the Feywild is more or less all new, and was created by mashing together bits of Arborea and Elysium and a buncha other planes.

Where by "think" I mean "hope". ;)

I'd guess it's where the Eladrin (and the Ur-Elves) hail from, and where fey magics still happen. It's also pretty easy to merge back into the Great Wheel, if anyone is antsy about that: Pick faerie-realm appropriate locations; I'd bet it's overflowing with Gates, so that's not an issue.

Last edited:

IanArgent

First Post
Sounds a lot like the ideas underpinning the cosmology of Eberron (which had to compromise for compatibility with 3.5).

I'm not saying we're getting the cosmology of Eberron; just that we may see some parallel evolution.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases