Central/east/West/other

Please select the area that fits you best

• West Coast

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Central US (yes like Kansa, not central east coast)

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • East Coast

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Poll closed .

Adrie

First Post
okay this is a Catch-22, but if there was cheating I think it was all around, not just the West coast, not just the East Coast but perhaps from both sides. I'm from the East Coast, and yes I think the amount of votes for the East is unreal, I think there could have been people cheating on votes for the East. I think even if the East would have won there would have been double checking cause of the amout of votes total for the poll. I think what ever region one with this many votes there would have been a check on it.

But I really hope that its not true and that this many people are really interested in the convention

Tharivious

First Post
Ryleena said:
But it seems that since the west won in the matters of the convention everyone immediately assumes cheating.
That would be because the majority who had named their locations prior to this vote were located in south-eastern US, and the New York state contingent is fairly large (larger than was represented in the previous Q&A thread on locations). It's a natural response to assume that the option with the vocal majority would get the most votes, and to question the outcome when it turns out differently. And there would have been someone questioning the authenticity of the votes regardless of the outcome, just because this is something people will have to plan their savings for months in advance to attend - no one wants to travel farther than they have to based on a skewed result. There were suggestions to review the poll before it was even finalized.

Also, note that it appears most mid-westerners didn't vote for their region, and that ISRP has many English players (and other Europeans, if I remember right). So the results won't be perfect reflections of the population maps. It all makes for a situation ripe for questioning.

I don't know if there was intentional cheating or not, and it's ultimately irrelevant to me as I likely won't be attending regardless - but when matters of money and travel are involved, people will always question everything. :p

Do what ya need to Gabe, start the thread with the email. I wont be going ^_^ but there are others that might.

On the end of cheating, not everyone feels safe giving out locations, even vague areas. Go figure.

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Okay, if you wish to vote via Gabriel's esteemed verification system then please send an email to one of the following four addresses. So that I can verify your vote is real please confirm:

Your EN World Board's ID
The name of another magi

The email addresses are:

central
east
other
west

All @unlikely-heroes.com

Emails will be seen by only me and will be deleted once we're done with this survey, as will those mailboxes. Polls close December 1st, US EST time, no updates on the count will be posted until after I've done my count and quick check for any double dipping.

Should people suspect bad numbers when I post the results from the first count, I'll do a more in depth search for bad votes.

Have fun!

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
There's good news and bad news.

The good news is the clear winner by this system is East.

The bad news is that is because this system received only a single vote.

So all I can recommend is that people consider meeting up at existing conventions or simply holding mini-conventions with people in their area.

Sorry folks.

Kallikrates

First Post
What in the world!?!

Only one person voted.

Grief....guess that person needs to spend more time elsewhere.

Wasting time sending emails...

We were given a full eighteen days to cast a vote.

Shameful that we didn't, but, alas, I suppose this is dead now.

Cloaked Woman

First Post
I think people just didn't care anymore honestly. I know I completely forgot about revoting cause of the holidays. I've had a lot of other things going on.

Remove ads