Central/east/West/other

Please select the area that fits you best

• West Coast

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Central US (yes like Kansa, not central east coast)

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • East Coast

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Poll closed .

Zeren

First Post
Haha, it's remarkable that any of you step outside the front door if all of these natural events are preventing you from deciding on a place to visit. :p

James V

First Post
why can't we just have this convention in the artic, its some place no one has been, I garuntee no one has been to the antartic, cos if they have, you'd have to have like 50 shots for weird diseases they have down there. Great place tho imo. We can go around and make snow men, pee our name in snow, and have a snowball fight at the polar bear! Plus we can mess with the yeti!

MistyThorin

First Post
Brutal Bonegrinder said:
I really do not see a the problem you all have with the weather.. The probably two days we would have this will hopefully be in a summer time setting. It really would be a freak of an accident if some kind of horrid, worst cace scenario of a storm, land slide, earth quake, flash flood, volcano erruption, bird's attacking, dogs barking, cares driving by.. would happen.

*grins*

Ask any SCAdian who's been to the Pennsic War what kind of factor weather can be when it wants, though. "Pennsic is hot, cold, drenched, and dusty" about sums it up. Granted, that particular camping event goes on for a couple of weeks, which does give a bit of time for the weather to choose to be a factor. Heck, the locals in the Slippery Rock, PA area joked with me that they love Pennsic, because it assures them of at least one good soaking drownpour each August.

Mind, I don't say to avoid a possible camping event just because the weather might be a factor. Just pointing out that folks who have camped out regularly and/or been to camping events before have a point when they bring up the worst-case scenario possibilities, because that's the sort of thing you try to plan for, when planning on camping.

I am glad the thread is becoming more light hearted ^_^

Now, I do not believe it was ever agreed upon as to the medium of the convention, indoors outdoors or something inbetween. But we will get to that problem when it arises. :)

Kallikrates

First Post
May...I'm nerdy. I see Arctic and Antarctic and think way too much.

Anyway the only concern here is the lack of water plus we are expected to have a warmer and drier winter.

That is awesome news for the farmers here. *notes sarcasm*

Anyways judging by this tropical season and last year's we may not have anything to worry about next season. So we shall be dry, hot, and little rainfall.

I move to change North Carolina to Northeast Arizona!

Back on topic if this does get held in on the east coast I'm looking at W. Virginia or Virginia.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
C'mon. Weather's not something anyone needs to be stressing about! If it's raining just make the gals wear white or something? And if it aint, and it's hot and dry, well, welcome to my life for a change.

I dont even think it should be part of the decision. Everytime I organise to go anywhere in advance the weather is outstandingly appalling. Why should this time be any different?! Maybe I shouldn't come! :heh:

Remove ads