D&D 4E 4e tiefling art vs. previous edition tiefling art?

Gloombunny

First Post
These tiefling chicks are very oddly proportioned. Skinny waists but extra-zaftig hips. Looks kinda weird, and it's a shame, 'cuz it distracts me from the otherwise awesome art.

Out of those images generally my favourites are:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Zzyzx

First Post
So this more or less shows that tieflings were not always illustrated as "almost humans" in previous editions?

I don't like the big 4ed horns either, but I like them better than the goat legs.

Gloombunny

First Post
Zzyzx said:
So this more or less shows that tieflings were not always illustrated as "almost humans" in previous editions?

I don't like the big 4ed horns either, but I like them better than the goat legs.
Most of them are pretty close to human. I wouldn't want goat legs on every tiefling, but I like that there's a lot of variety.

Gloombunny

First Post
Aloïsius said:
As I said, I think 4e Tieflings are NOT the tieflings we knew. They are probably a true race, rather than strange human with dubious ancestry.
Sigh. The more I think about this the more likely it seems. Dammit.

They could've at least used a different name. :(

Wormwood

Adventurer
Guild Goodknife said:
Nice pic, but essentially she looks like an elf with a tail. I love DiTerlizzies Planescape art, but most of his Tiefling work looks more fey than fiend.

Agreed.

I'd prefer more Hellboy, less Suicide Girls.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Big horn tieflings look like bariaur, not tieflings--except for the lower torso differences, of course. :D

I've always thought that tieflings and aasimar were more like tainted humans--their fiendish or celestial features might be visible and might not be. See the list in the Planewalker's Handbook for a list of features.

IMHO it would be better for 4E tieflings to have a potentially hidden fiendish feature. Then, when the PC's pull off the NPC's hat--voila! Horns.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases