D&D 4E 4e tiefling art vs. previous edition tiefling art?

Geron Raveneye

Explorer
frankthedm said:
I feel the same way about girls with horns in general.

You, sir, are the reason for the next 20 years of complaints about why most tieflings are sexy females with large horns, and how that represents a gross sexistic attempt of WotC to herd in male gamers since the decline of the appeal of chainmail bikinis. Mark my words. :lol:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
frankthedm said:
Those are not tiny. Not huge, but defiantly a significant size, almost like a set of hand holds.

I remember reading DiTerlizzi saying that for his 3e Tiefling picture he specifically wanted to move away from the typical 'superheroine' proportions for a female, and go for more 'real world' proportions.

I think he did the job admirably, and its a shame we don't see a little more of that style of art.

Cheers

Merlin the Tuna

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
I remember reading DiTerlizzi saying that for his 3e Tiefling picture he specifically wanted to move away from the typical 'superheroine' proportions for a female, and go for more 'real world' proportions.

I think he did the job admirably, and its a shame we don't see a little more of that style of art.
He traded huge breasts on top of a slim belly for a huge butt below a slim belly. I hesitate to call it a remarkable improvement.

Plane Sailing said:
I wonder whatever for? I mean, it's a gal who's great-great-grandma was a succubus. Bring on the inhumanly sexy, I say.

DandD

First Post
Hobo said:
I wonder whatever for? I mean, it's a gal who's great-great-grandma was a succubus. Bring on the inhumanly sexy, I say.
I thought these alu-fiends or whatever they were called had specifically succubi as grand-mothers or mothers or whatever.

However, I hope that there won't be a million special-named subhalf-outsider-half-whateveranotherbase-creature anymore.

I mean, who cares if your mother was a succubus or a balor or a fricking vrock, you're a half-fiend, and that's how it simply should be, for the sake of streamlining. It doesn't matter if your other family member is a human, a dwarf or a drow, you're just a half-fiend/half-mortal, geez, and that's it.

heirodule

First Post
Aloïsius said:
Now, we have to wait for their new racial story. I guess it won't be the same than the old tiefling.

Maybe tieflings are related to Moses :]

moses1.jpg

Paizo are old school in some regards, but not so in others.

In any case, fairly large horns are featured in both the 3.5 and the 3e MM picture of tieflings.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases