D&D 4E 4e tiefling art vs. previous edition tiefling art?

Aloïsius

First Post
WayneLigon said:
OK, that was pretty darn funny. I'll assume they'll be very divergant; I doubt any two tieflings will look alike.
Except that ALL picture we have seen have the same look : big horn and tails. In fact, they seem very half-dragonish.
I'm not sure I like this look. Too obvious. I'd rather have a random set of minor "difformity", which could be associated with various powers.

Now, we have to wait for their new racial story. I guess it won't be the same than the old tiefling.

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Aloïsius said:
Except that ALL picture we have seen have the same look : big horn and tails. In fact, they seem very half-dragonish.

For the most part this is true, and it bugs me quite a bit as well, but the female warrior on the cover of the Player's Handbook also seems to be a tiefling--she looks to have a pair of small horns, at least--which suggests to me that not every 4e tiefling will have horns, tails, and those silly spiky chins.

WyzardWhately

First Post
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
On the other hand, it could be what you're looking at are high-level tiefling adventurers, who have been taking their racial talents / feats / abilities.

Perhaps one of the side effects of such powers are that the tiefling's otherwordly characteristics are increased (such that a level 1 tiefling might have small horns and no tail, but could develop large horns and a tail by level 10).

This is probably what I was going to do in my home campaign, regardless of what the books say. Just because it's kind of awesome.

Aloïsius

First Post
Blind Azathoth said:
For the most part this is true, and it bugs me quite a bit as well, but the female warrior on the cover of the Player's Handbook also seems to be a tiefling--she looks to have a pair of small horns, at least--which suggests to me that not every 4e tiefling will have horns, tails, and those silly spiky chins.
Two tiefling on the cover ? I haven't see an image with a resolution high enough to see her face closely. She looks human IMHO.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Aloïsius said:

I thought we'd only seen one picture. If they're identical, it might be sketches for the Tiefling Iconic?

Asmor

First Post
frankthedm said:
tlinget5.jpg

Those are not tiny. Not huge, but defiantly a significant size, almost like a set of hand holds.

...I like the way you think and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Aloïsius

First Post
WayneLigon said:
I thought we'd only seen one picture. If they're identical, it might be sketches for the Tiefling Iconic?
No, we have seen male and female tieflings.

I will try to find them...
1 http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/4e/20071012a_drdd.jpg
2 http://www.enworld.org/images/4e/tiefling.jpg
3 http://www.enworld.org/images/4e/fightrog.jpg

edit : I zoomed on the PHB cover (please.... please tell me this WON'T be the real cover) and the girl seems to have something in her hair.

edit : looks like I'm unable to use the attached files. I wonder why. :heh:

Attachments

• zoom.gif
    zoom.gif
    72.7 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

Irda Ranger

First Post
fuindordm said:
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "love handles".
Lol. Well played, sir.

I'm not a fan of the current tiefling look. I liked the 2e/3e art better. Even the picture on this thread is less "in your face" about the horns than the 4e art I've seen. I also liked how in 2e/3e there was very much a "no two tieflings the same" feel to the art. Considering how many different kinds of devils and demons there are, this makes sense. There should be tieflings with goat, bat, etc. motifs.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases