D&D 4E 4e tiefling art vs. previous edition tiefling art?

Klaus

First Post
Dragonhelm said:
I'm going to be the voice of dissent here. I actually like the look of the 4e tiefling.

Now maybe that's because I never got into Planescape and I really didn't care for the Planescape style of art. Or, maybe because I like minotaurs. ;) But the tiefling looks kinda cool to me. Better than little stubby horns. Though I do think there was a Planescape pic or two that I did like. Been a while...

Do we know if favored classes will remain in 4e? While I hope they go the route C&C did with typical classes (i.e. making them a suggestion), it seems to me that the natural favored class of a tiefling would be warlock.

EDIT: In a sense, tiefling horns can be like halfling hairy feet. If you want them, great. If not, don't worry about it. The choice is yours.

Okay, definitely gotta re-read my old Planescape books.
No need. Here ya go: http://www.ekkaia.org/rpg/dnd/ps/tiefling.pdf

Brought to you by the fine folk at planewalker.com .

Wish I still had the pictures I did for Tieflings saved on my computer. I lieu of that, I'll post aasimar and bariaurs:

aasimar.jpg

bariaur.jpg

Banshee16

First Post
Kobold Avenger said:
And here's some more 2e tiefling images...

See how they have different features and don't have ridiculously large horns, to show what part of my point is.

There's a good old pic from Diterlizzi, of a tiefling named "Moira".....unfortunately, I have it backed up somewhere, and am not sure where to find it at the moment.

Banshee

azigen

First Post
I enjoy the artist Sporeboy's take on tieflings.

Lou_500.jpg

Kitty_500.jpg

Pinky_500.jpg

The larger horns on the tieflings are interesting , will they have an in game mechanic? Also they kind of remind me of the cartoon gargoyles.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Gundark said:
Wow did you mean that to be sexual? :D
I was just saying they are the proper size and shape to fit nicely into one's palms. Granted leverage like that is usually only used for something intimate or for neck snapping, so take your pick.
Back on topic, to the left, on the Oni girl, are what I would consider tiny horns.
Gundark said:
Actually the more I think of it the more I'm excited about Tieflings being in the PHB 4e
I feel the same way about girls with horns in general.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases