Corebooks in June!: News from the Alliance Retailer Summit

Gundark

Explorer
It would be nice to get some comformation on this....I think it's smart to release all in one month. But then again I have the income to buy them.

Fobok

First Post
Hopefully we'll see some confirmation, or denial, of this from Wizards. (I'm kind of hoping denial. I can only afford one book a month in any case, and I don't want to have to wait 2 months longer than the rest of the community to see them.)

Sara_G

First Post
Cheers Teitan! Glad you had fun!

It is confirmed. Due to customer feedback, we made the decision to release all three core rulebooks in June. Keep on the Shadowfell releases in May. And the Special Edition Core Rulebooks release in October.

Paraxis

Explorer
Thanks for the confirmation Sara, and welcome to the boards. This is one of the best forums ever, I have been lurking since Eric was posting scoops about 3E before it hit the shelves.

Keep coming around more Wizards people the better I say.

Ohh, and could you confirm if they will wait till they have atleast some errata done before making the special edition books, I would love to get leather bound copies of the core rules but don't want to spend the extra money if it still has the all the errors that will be in a first run of a book.

SPECTRE666

Adventurer
Sara_G said:

It is confirmed. Due to customer feedback, we made the decision to release all three core rulebooks in June. Keep on the Shadowfell releases in May. And the Special Edition Core Rulebooks release in October.

So when will WotC formally announce the change? This week sometime? I all ready posted a question and this thread at the One and only Ask a Realms designer/author#3. So I am waiting for Richard Bakers reply. :)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Sara_G said:

Interesting. I'm sorry to see Keep on the Shadowfell pushed back a month, but this is otherwise good news.

Glyfair

Explorer
Jack99 said:
June would suit me perfectly, since I am starting 7 weeks of vacation on July 1st. I however will remain very sceptical until I see it on the Gleeeemax

I know my gaming stores will hate it. They'll have to buy three books in large amounts all at once. While they will make it up in sales, the initial outlay is a huge undertaking. Any other companies better avoid putting anything out that week (or even month), because many stores won't be able to afford to carry more than a token copy (if that).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases