Corebooks in June!: News from the Alliance Retailer Summit

Remathilis

Legend
teitan said:
I just remembered, I have a weird memory, but they are releasing a gift set at the same time that includes a slip case and it will be 10 cents more... LOL.

Sold!

(From someone who begged for the 3.5 slipcase after buying all the books separately...)

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
To back up what Sara has already stated, this is indeed true.

We just made the move last week and it will take a week or so to get the info out in a more official capacity.

Blastin

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
To back up what Sara has already stated, this is indeed true.

We just made the move last week and it will take a week or so to get the info out in a more official capacity.

To Sara_G and Scott: In case it isn't evident enough, I just want to let you know how much I and many others appreciate your participation on these boards. It's wonderful to get this type of information right from the company. ( and it was great fun in the "Vagina sword" thread ;P )

This news makes me sad. :(

I'm not saying it's dumb or poorly thought out or anything. Just the announcement's personal effect on me.

I don't wanna wait another month for Keep on the Shadowfell or the PHB. *sigh*

Oh well, I'll keep carrying the torch.

(ninjaedit: Also, I'd like to say that even though my post is negative, I really appreciate all the Coasties people posting here.)

-TRRW

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Awesome news, from my selfish point of view... :)

Next May I will be horribly busy, but in June I will be on vacation... also, it kind of sucks to have just one of the Holy Trinity... I remember that when 3.0 came out, I was very impatient while waiting for the MM and I was glad that 3.5 came out all at once.

Also, this will make me able to order the books all at once from Amazon using the fastest international option, without spending too much. The icing on the cake, is that probably the slip case gift version will be considered by Amazon a single item saving even more shipping money.

Last edited:

Dave Turner

First Post
As an aside, the title of this thread is criminally, tragically ill-conceived. Teitan, you obviously felt strongly enough about the release news to put it in a huge font. It's the most interesting part of this thread, but it's not in the title. If you wanted to announce the June release, which you are clearly excited about, then why give the thread such a horribly boring title? When I first opened the thread, I wasn't expecting such big news. You have a genuine news scoop and you've completely buried it!

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Gundark said:
It would be nice to get some comformation on this....I think it's smart to release all in one month. But then again I have the income to buy them.

QFT, and this makes me giggle with glee. I haaaaaated the "3 month spread" when 3.x came out.

Glyfair

Explorer
Nightchilde-2 said:
QFT, and this makes me giggle with glee. I haaaaaated the "3 month spread" when 3.x came out.
But there wasn't a three month spread with 3.5. It was 3E that had that. That's why I know one of my gaming stores will hate this. 3.5 severely stressed them financially that one month.

Of course, if you go back to the AD&D days, you had an even wider spread. The MM was released first Dec '77 with the DMG not being released until Aug '79. Almost 2 years.

Last edited:

Remove ads