Pick your "Starter Town"

Which town "Starter Town" would you like included in the DMG.

• Daggerford (Under Illefarn)

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • Fairhill (Crucible of Freya)

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Hollobrae (Silver Summoning et al.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hommlet

Votes: 82 28.9%
  • Keep on the Borderlands

Votes: 80 28.2%
  • Oakvale (Sunless Citadel)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Oasis of the White Palm

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Restenford (Bone Hill et al.)

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Saltmarsh (again)

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Threshold (Night's Dark Terror)

Votes: 32 11.3%
  • Greyhawk, Waterdeep, Sharn, Ptolus, or Sigil

Votes: 19 6.7%
  • I hate polls

Votes: 20 7.0%

olshanski

First Post
Also, my apologies to the many people who wanted me to include [your town]. I am not as familiar with the various fantasy worlds as you, so I didn't include [your town] out of my own ignorance. After you tell me that I forgot [your town] I will learn from my mistakes and you can be sure that I will never again forget to include [your town] when I do polls related to historic D&D towns.

Last edited:

Wormwood

Adventurer
Keep on the Borderlands.

edit: FIXED!

edit 2: "Keep on the Borderlands" really does sound like a command.

Last edited:

Arnwyn

First Post
A tough decision, but I chose Threshold.

However, honorable mention goes to Keep on the Borderlands, Restenford, and Hommlet. (Edit: Oh, which are all the rest of the votes so far. :heh: )

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I've never heard of Hollobrae.

Restenford was a really classic D&D town, IMO, moreso than Hommlett, in that it had a castle with the baron right there, and other things I've seen in lots of homebrews. It nicely splits the difference between the Keep and Hommlett, IMO.

delericho

Legend
None of the above. Give us a new town, without the emotional baggage that goes with changing an existing town.

But, if you have to go with something that has gone before, do Hommlet. The Temple of Elemental Evil 4e seems to be an absolute certainty given the new interactions between Tharizdun, the Elemental Maelstrom and the Abyss.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I would go for Threshold again, but I'd forgotten about Restonford. Daggerford was cool and had lots of hooks for the PCs. Under Illefarn was a pretty darn good intro module, and that was a nice little town if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Remove ads