New Dukes of Hell article

catsclaw227

First Post
Online Dragon magazine has listed a new Dukes of Hell article.

Interestingly, it states:

After flipping through the pages of this article, you’re probably noticing the dukes described here are as powerful or more powerful than the archdevils presented in the Fiendish Codex II. This is intentional. The archdukes in the Fiendish Codex II are aspects, manifestations having but a fragment of the archdevil’s power. The dukes described here are the real deal. They lack the ability to create aspects and thus when encountered, they are nearly always in their true form.
I am guessing that they learned something from all the complaints about the aspects of Devils in the FCII not being powerful enough and just said, "OK fine, here you go. Full devil critters."

Personally I wasn't taken aback about the aspects not being uber powerful, because my games rarely get over Level 17 or so, and the players want to feel like they are legendary heroes that can take on demons and devils. The aspects fit this role perfectly.

I think I will reread the article with more detail and see what other nuggets I can find.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Dukes of Baator

Just th' ex-good boys,
Locked deep in the Hells,
Beats all you've ever heard, been in trouble with the Lord since the day they rebelled.

Stealin' the souls,
Markin' your kill.
Someday the Law might get 'em, but th' Gods never will.

Makin' their pacts,
The only way they know how,
That's just a little bit more than the Gods will allow.

Just th' ex-good boys,
Wouldn't bow to th' Man,
Fightin' the system like a true modern day Caliban.

- - -

Y'all come back now, y'hear? -- N

Shroomy

Adventurer
When you sign into the DI, you need to use your email address instead of your messageboard alias. I didn't catch on to it until I tried to log in several times.

Ryltar

First Post
Nikosandros said:
It looks like they are no longer providing a downloadable PDF for the single articles.

A simple remedy: Using a pdf generator (Adobe Acrobat or one of those available for free, FreePDF XP for example), simply choose the Print view and then output to PDF.

Normally, this would be substandard, but since WotC apparently cannot be bothered to properly format their new Dragon articles, you won't see a difference.

catsclaw227

First Post
Ryltar said:
Normally, this would be substandard, but since WotC apparently cannot be bothered to properly format their new Dragon articles, you won't see a difference.
I recall someone at WOTC saying that all the articles are going to be compiled into a single formatted download at the end of the month. Like a PDF magazine.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases