[OT] Sad news, help me mourn...

WinnipegDragon

First Post
My players and I don't drink, but we will toast to Peter with whatever is at hand this Saturday. The first toss of the dice will be in his honour.

My deepest sympathy to you.

Drew

Explorer
I'm mostly a lurker around here, but I've been around since 99. I work at a radio station (one of which is a big talk AM news/talk) and we only had very little information about what happened. I logged on to ENWorld and, thanks to Peter and others, I was kept up to date with first hand news and information. Seldom has the sense of community here fealt stronger than it did that day.

You have my prayers and my sympathies. I really love the idea of toasting those gamers who can't get together and play, because I too am blessed with a great group of gamers. I think that I will adapt the tradition of toasting those who cannot find the time to game before we role the dice. We are more the Mt. Dew and Beer type, but I'll make sure to grab something a little harder next weekend in Peter's honor.

Thank you very much for sharing this with us. All the best to you and your unborn child in this time of loss.

Wikidogre

First Post
as of 8/16 3:37 pm est, Sitting at the Varsity Club on the OSU campus, i raised a double shot of Jack, sorry for your loss, i will miss his discussions!

the Jester

Legend
I saw his posts from time to time and will miss that.

I don't know if you'll even see this, Chairwoman- but if you do, know that we'll all miss him. My condolences, and I know at times like this very little makes a difference, but I too will drink in his honor at our next game (tomorrow, in fact)...

I'd also like to say something to the community at large here.

This isn't the first time we've lost someone, and it won't be the last. But I'm very, very proud of how much love pours out of these boards at times like this. I don't know how many of you get a tear in your eye at moments like these, but I do. This community is a strong one, and I'd like to thank each and every one of you for the amount of caring that comes out when we lose someone.

I'm so sorry...

Protean Sifter

First Post
At A Loss

As a recent addition to these boards I haven't really been aware of your husband's postings, but I would like to say that you and your unborn son will be in my thoughts. I'm sorry for your loss, but I won't even mutter of understanding. If any financial help is needed I'd be willing as would many other members of these boards I am sure. That glass of mine will see plenty of tipping.
I'd also like to thank you for sharing this message with us. This is what the EN World community is all about.

A Tip of the Glass,
-Jonathan Nicol

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
My condolences for your loss.

I hardly knew Peter but I will always remember him and his harrowing report on his first-hand experiences on 9/11.

I will raise my glass in his honor.

- Darkness a.k.a. The shadow of my former self (in Nutkinland)

Protean Sifter

First Post
At A Loss

As a recent addition to these boards I haven't really been aware of your husband's postings, but I would like to say that you and your unborn son will be in my thoughts. I'm sorry for your loss, but I won't even mutter of understanding. If any financial help is needed I'd be willing as would many other members of these boards I am sure. That glass of mine will see plenty of tipping.
I'd also like to thank you for sharing this message with us. This is what the EN World community is all about.

A Tip of the Glass,
-Jonathan Nicol

Talath

Explorer
I didn't know Chairman Kaga very well, because I lurk on these boards alot, but I know he is well liked, and he sounds like a very good man. I am sorry for your loss. I will make a toast to him tonight.

madriel

First Post
My deepest condolences on your loss. I too remember him posting on September 11, but my strongest memories of him will always be his joy at becoming a father. I remember how he told us about turning down a great promotion because his wife and child were the most important thing in the world to him.

He was a fine man and will be dearly missed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases