[OT] Sad news, help me mourn...

Eosin the Red

First Post
Like others, I only knew him as The Chairman. We shared 9/11 and we shared the joy of annoucing the impending births of our children (along with the Old One and Fiery James). My heart goes out to both you and your unborn child.

I am at a loss....

EOL

First Post
Any words I could offer seem so very very small at this moment. Nevertheless you have my deepest sympathies. W.H. Auden wrote a funeral poem which I think comes pretty close to describing the vast pit of sadness which can be caused by an untimely death, and in the hopes that it might help just a little bit I'll post it:

Funeral Blues (Song)

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone.
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling in the sky the message He is Dead,
Put crêpe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever, I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun.
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I'm glad Ashtal made this thread sticky.

Chairman Kaga was one of the good guys. His reportage on the 9/11 tragedy has already been mentioned, but should be mentioned again. He was a very vital part of that day for me.

I can' think of another way to say it: I didn't kow him at ll in real life, but what he brought to these boards was signifigant. As Colonel Hardisson said: these boards are the worse for the loss of him.

There's not too much else to add Mrs. Kaga, other than to say that a toast to "The Chairman" is absolutely going to be the opening act both of next week games.

I am deeply sorry for your loss :(

:( My deepest condolences to the Chairmans entire family...

I knew of him only in name, but as someone else said earlier in the thread, losing anyone at ENWorld saddens me. :(

Were it legal for me to do, I'd have a shot of jack before my next game in his honor....maybe I will anyway, just for him.

King_Stannis

Explorer
Perhaps someone can find some of his posts on 9/11 and repost them in some way. I, as well as many others were greatly moved by what he saw that horrible day. While it would be painful to hear those words again, i think it would be more painful if they were forgotten totally.

Remove ads