Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock" - (recruiting is currently closed)

I'm thinking of running a Goblinoid "mini campaign", and I want to test the reaction for such an idea.
The party members will be part of the small Yar-Gock tribe (110 individuals), a tribe who lives on a low, lone mountain, the tribe was banished from his previous location by a big tribe of Dwarves.
The party members will not be ordinary "citizens" of the tribe, but will be on the higher society rank of the tribe who consist a majority of goblins, several hired hobgoblins, Bugbear slavers and a ruthless Ogre, which is the personal body guard of the Goblin Mogur - Tribe's leader.
The Party will handle some interesting events from the other side of the table, doing some special tasks to ensure the survival of the tribe and to please the Now-powerful Goblin leader, maybe even taking his spot by brutal force later in the campaign.
The main goal of the tribe is to survive, seconds goals are to expend, obtain slaves and pillage other settlements, explore the heart of their new home and finally conquer their old homeland back and declare a successful revenge on the Dwarves.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I'm always up for any game run by you, Strahd. This sounds pretty fun. I'd have to know what books you are allowing before throwing out a concept, though.

:D

Rhun

First Post
WarShrike said:
Gotta say, the prospect of playing a demihuman appeals to me. Oh, and what does Yar-Gock mean in goblin?

I'm not sure, but I just want the chance for my PC to yell "Bree-Yark!"

Drowned Hero

First Post
Gruk

Gruk Is the name of goblin showing up here soon. Hopefully whit some sort of shaman role.
Ive seen game mastered by you Strand and i see forward , if selected, to play these small creatures by your rule.

As Rhun says, what books are you accepting in this game?

Redclaw

First Post
It's always fun to see things from a different viewpoint. I think it would be a rewarding challenge to play out the role of a goblin dedicated to something other than just trying to kill PCs, I mean humanoids. I'm totally up for this, and would love to take on the front-line role. I like the idea of a goblin barbarian, but if you'd allow it I would be even more intrigued with a hobgoblin warblade (since the Bo9S even references a hobgoblin school specifically).

Micar Sin

First Post
I'd definately be interested in playing 'from the other side" as it were. Ktas would likely be a rogue or potentially a caster, depending on what books you allow. ;)

WarShrike

First Post
Iglik would be a Warlock if you allow such beings. Distrusted, perhaps even feared, by Mogur for his supernatural abilities and the possible threat they represent to his continued rule, he is constantly sent on "suicide missions" in the hopes that he won't return from one of them.

WarShrike

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases