Death in Freeport

farmboymdp

First Post
Wow, I'd definitely be interested in this game! I have class momentarily, but what springs to mind is a Wheel of Time male Wilder, possibly with the Viewing ability/feat. Let me know how you'd like that done with respect to class bonuses to AC, Madness, weaves, and the Viewing feat. The idea would be a wilder who was shunned from his small farming village because of his powers and Viewing, who made his way to Freeport. Brother Egil might have heard rumors of his Viewing ability, and contacted him to ask for help.

Rhun

First Post
I'd be interested, Voadam, though I need some time to read through all of your information in depth. No idea for a character concept at this point,

Voadam

Legend
Athenaeum

The Athenaeum is a scholarly order dedicated to preserving knowledge. They maintain libraries throughout the world and provide occasional services as scribes, sages, and spellcasters. Some say they are holders of significant secret lore that is not shared with the outside world.

The Athenaeum chapterhouse in Freeport is located in the Temple District directly outside of the Old City. It houses shrines to many gods of knowledge and a number of clerics are members of the Athenaeum.

Brother Egil is a young man who was given up by his overly large family at a young age to be raised by and serve the Athenaeum.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
farmboymdp said:
Wow, I'd definitely be interested in this game! I have class momentarily, but what springs to mind is a Wheel of Time male Wilder, possibly with the Viewing ability/feat. Let me know how you'd like that done with respect to class bonuses to AC, Madness, weaves, and the Viewing feat. The idea would be a wilder who was shunned from his small farming village because of his powers and Viewing, who made his way to Freeport. Brother Egil might have heard rumors of his Viewing ability, and contacted him to ask for help.

I'll start looking up the class, magic, and viewing stuff tonight. I expect to flat out drop the class AC bonus but I will look it over and might keep it or modify it for the martial classes. I have read the WoT books up through Path of Daggers, enjoyed the illustrated guide, and own the d20 WoT book, but I'm not real familiar with the d20 mechanics yet.

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Hm... the options for character creation intrigue me. The 24 point buy gestalt with an NPC class, especially. It also gave me an idea for a character: a fairly ordinary man, a fisherman or blacksmith or something along those lines (in other words an Expert), who is beginning to develop abilities that he does not have full control over or knowledge of--a magical or psionic class, although I'm not sure just what yet. Sorcerer or Psion seem to be the most fitting, though.

Shayuri

First Post
Hah!

One of my ideas was a dispossessed princess (or other nobility) who was fleeing the war that was tearing her old nation apart. I was thinking Aristocrat/Sorceror gestalt. Hee.

But I also have an idea for a shady Beguiler information broker...a wheeler and dealer of secrets and juicy facts.

Voadam

Legend
FYI I am fine with an all or mostly spellcasting party. This could potentially provide links to Brother Egil through the Athenaeum.

Erekose13

Explorer
I've got to say that I'm tempted. I've kind of hit my max load on games, but two of them look like they've fizzled. I'll put together a concept for you and keep you in the loop. What most intrigues me is the sheer volume of choice you present. I love d20 sources and tinkering with rules.

Voadam

Legend
farmboy,

I read up a bit on the WoT stuff.

I will be dropping the class AC bonus.

Male Madness with bonus feats seems fine and fits in with some of the dark or dangerous magic traditions in the setting.

Viewing, a tough one as a PC because it says to be cryptic and tough for a DM to adjudicate but it could be fun and I'm willing to give it a shot.

In general I don't allow going back in time or seeing into the future, I generally change the flavor text of such powers or spells as truestriking. In game many people believe in fortune telling and divinations that see the future, however. The reality of viewing will be more of a view into underlying existing natures than pure future foretelling.

I have not read much on the weaves yet, any areas you plan on focusing on, or any specific questions?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Well I'm tempted to submit something... but I find it highly ironic that you have over a hundred d20 books but the ones you don't and are not allowing anything from are the ones that probably 90% of the rest of us have... which is the WotC Complete and Races of books.

But be that as it may... I'll see if a character concept comes to mind that I might be interested in... and then I'll determine if it can be built using core PH rules. Thanx Voadam!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases