Death in Freeport

Hi all,

Still lurking around here from time to time.
Sadly, it looks like I won't be able to return soon,
as I had thought. - I'll move around quite a bit during the next few months,
and it is unlikely that I'll even have regular internet access.

So, feel free to replace me as a player with someone who has more time;
the game is definitely worth the while!

Thank you, Voadam, and all others for givign me such a good time!

What I take from our game is certainly that I'll get me the Freeport books some
time soon, and maybe even run the adventure myself. I enjoyed playing the character the way I did, and the bar scene, especially with Willbur in the closet was one of the funniest stuff I have ever played out in a PbP!

So, I hope you find a good replacement, and can continue well with the adventure! Once my situation here gets a bit more normal again, I'll certainly return to the ENW PbP boards, and I look forward to meet you again then!

All the best,

Rafe

PS: I somehow recall you, Voadam, were involved in the creation of one of my favourite gaming books EVER, the Penumbra Bestiary for Atlas Games, which I have used in pretty much every D&D game, regardless of edition, that I ran since 2005. Since this book is virtually forgotten today, have some kudos for your involvement! It's truly one of the gems of d20! :)

Voadam

Legend
Hey Rafe,

I appreciate the notice and communication. Sorry to hear that you won't be returning but feel free to look us up again when things settle down again and you get time.

I'll put Justin into a position where it will be possible to return if things work out for you.

I'm glad you like the Penumbra Fantasy Bestiary. It was some of my favorite d20 freelance work that I did. Just for reference here were the things I wrote from there:

Cantrip Spirits
Castigoran Constrictor
Castigoran Manavore
Demon Banderlatch
Halperthian Rattler
Ice Elemental
Barrow Wight Template
Ghoul Template
Ghast Prestige Class

Walking Dad

First Post
Sorry, but I'm somehow really unable to wrap my mind around this game. So I will try to drop out with some grace instead an ever sinking post - frequency.

Sorry again, no one to blame.

I wish all of you a nice game :)

Voadam

Legend
All right,

I've been extremely erratic in my pbp posting for the last couple of months in contrast to my normally 1/weekday posting in the games I play in.

I expect this to continue for months as well, I've got more ongoing family medical stuff coming up that will be disruptive including a major surgery for my wife with a significant recovery period. I expect to be busy and a bit stressed taking care of wife, kid, and household plus keeping up with my normal work. I expect to not post for a while, to sometimes not want to worry about game commitments and just post randomly in general, and sometimes in contrast to really want to get away from things and be in a fun game with online friends as a recreational outlet from everything else that is going on.

So I wanted to post in and explain why I have been and expect to be erratic in posting for a while.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
No problem, I'll wait.

Best wishes to your wife. I've had similar experience (appendix removal is minor surgery, but leaves one unable to lift things and we have little twins). It's hard and kills your free time, but it's still worth it.

So, preserve, enjoy your kid and life and keep the wife happy :)

Cheers

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases