Death in Freeport

Dire Lemming

First Post
I'm really at a loss right now. So many options and restrictions... I just want to play a finesse fighter vigilante with a whip and a modicum of social acumen!

Erekose13

Explorer
Voadam said:
Erekose, I'm a little worried the weapon master will not get to use his weapon master powers at all (or fairly rarely) with a double token cost. From my reading of the class and what I've heard from others the WM tokens come pretty slowly as is and they have a hard time keeping up with other IH classes. I'm thinking of having a feat available for WMs to get the normal 1 token per hit.

Hmm reading it again you might be right. How about no feat for now and we see how it goes? If it looks like its a bit much I'll spend my next level's feat on it.

Re: Anima powers, Enhanced Str/Con/To Hit bonus are probably my first three. I want something else thats a bit odd in there, but I'll need to do a bit more reading.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Greetings Voadam! I haven't played or read the Freeport modules, although I've been intrigued by the setting. Since you, like me, seem rather fond of 3rd-party publishers, I couldn't pass up the chance to dust off Unorthodox Pirates and throw some PC concepts in for your consideration.

Additionally, I have a potential 4th concept for an Archivist from the Heroes of Horror supplement. I'm not sure if it got a write-up on the WotC website. If not, and you don't have the book, then I guess that one's out. But if none of the three listed below are to your liking and you'd consider an archivist, I'll work something up for him.

Character concepts:

#1 Ghostly Buccaneer, human male - AL N
Sourcebook: Unorthodox Pirates

The son of one of Freeport’s mercantile families, X was to learn the family shipping business the old fashioned way: by serving on one of the ships under his father’s tutelage. On his maiden voyage, X shipped out as his father’s apprentice, eager to learn, and ready for adventure.

What X didn’t know was that the family business was in trouble…serious trouble. Several ships had been raided, cargo was stolen from warehouses, and business partners were severing ties. His father hid the majority of the details from his family and had gambled the future of the business on this run.

Whatever forces were working against the family, however, had planned well. While only a few days at sea, during the chaos of a storm, the crew mutinied. X’s father was slain and the captain as well. X, thought he would die with the other officers but the ship capsized in the storm.

X was pulled out of the water by a ship heading to Freeport a week later. The bright-eyed young man who had embarked on the voyage of his life returned home a dark shadow of his former self. He learned that his mother and sister had been murdered two days after his departure.

X has since sold what few belongings he found hidden away that the debt-collectors hadn’t found. Most were curios and tomes his father gathered on his journeys. X sold them to the Athenaeum, but in addition to selling the items, he began inquiring strange lore, specifically regarding tales or legends of people who succeed in breaking pacts involving the selling of one's soul…

#2 Swashbuckler, human male - AL CG

A recent arrival in Freeport, Y arrived on a ship two weeks ago. Y has done little beyond wenching and drinking since arriving, until about a week ago, when he aided two scholars from the Athenaeum, who were being beaten and robbed by several pirates on shore leave. Y succeeded in killing one and driving the other two off. He has since kept a lower profile to avoid attracting any additional attention from either the pirates’ mates or the local authorities.

#3 Freebooter, half-orc male – AL CN

Freeport was just another port-of-call in Z’s brief and undistinguished career. The half-orc was out drinking, carousing, and marveling at the city when he was ambushed. He never saw his attackers’ faces and he’s pretty sure he killed one of them before he fell to two stabbing blades to his back. Left for dead, he managed to drag himself to the door of the nearest building, the Athenaeum of Freeport, whose inhabitants stabilized him and arranged for him to be treated. Upon recovering enough that he could walk, he learned that his ship had sailed several days previously. Now Z is adrift in Freeport, a pirate without a ship or crew, and a bellyful of vengeance burning inside him.

Voadam

Legend
Azgulor,

I like the concepts, there is particularly a lot that can be done with that ghostly buccanneer one. Plenty of Dark Water spirits/gods: Leviathan, Dagon, Whisperer of Impossible Secrets, Umberlee, Zeboim, or left vague in that the pact happened but he's not even sure who it was with.

Archivists are fine too and would connect to the Athenaeum easily.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
Hiya, I'd really like to have a go at a witch from the Green Ronin Witch Handbook (as it's sitting on my shelf forlorn) - Would love to be considered! Will post some more ideas soon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases