Death in Freeport

Erekose13

Explorer
Voadam, I'm trying to figure out my last Anima power and leaning towards something activated like maybe Move Space (short range teleport) or Invoke Lightning. But as far as I can tell an Anima's activated powers will always require 2 full rounds to cast. They are not signature spells which reduce casting time to a standard action and there are no Gen enhancements that reduce casting time. I'd be okay with having to spend mana points on a Gen enhancement to eventually use the abilities a bit more frequently leaving them as 2 full rounds at 1st. But if that wont work, I'm leaning towards picking up another enduring power like Abjure Nature or something like that.

Erekose13

Explorer
probably not compared to my sibeccai, though the 2 racial hit dice and +1 LA might be a bit difficult to work into first level. It might fit into Voadam's LA+3 category which would necessitate an 8 point buy limit. Unless Voadam has an alternate lizardman suggestion.

A slightly different take on it which would fit with the witch is the Mojh from Arcana Unearthed if you have that.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
Those were my thoughts - go with the LA+3 option. Mojh I hadn't thought of but I don't have Arcana Evolved/Unearthed - no idea why I haven't bought it, since I love everything about it!

OK; Vrakash, a Lizardman Witch (Green Ronin version) - I wouldn't roleplay him with all that "sssss" schtick or referring to himself in the thrid person (it gets on my nerves) but I'd find some fun way to make him 'think' in a different way to the more normal characters.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
The way I handled a lizardman in my other game was using the racial levels from Throwing Dice Games' character customization as an NPC class. The PC chose to be a (PC class) barbarian (NPC class) lizardman gestalt with the normal LA.

Character Customization provided a bunch of Savage Species style progressions for srd monsters.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay!

I would like to be a single-classed Beguiler, I think. Going with the refugee/dispossessed noble concept, if that's all right. Has family connections to Athaenum and to the contacter in particular, due to strange magic powers.

Anticipated role: Face. Secondary role: Magic sneak/diviner.

I'll post real workup tonight.

Voadam

Legend
Shayuri said:
Okay!

I would like to be a single-classed Beguiler, I think. Going with the refugee/dispossessed noble concept, if that's all right. Has family connections to Athaenum and to the contacter in particular, due to strange magic powers.

Anticipated role: Face. Secondary role: Magic sneak/diviner.

I'll post real workup tonight.

Sounds good, I think it can work out well. There are Athenaeum chapterhouses throughout the Empire.

Voadam

Legend
Empire Info

The theocratic empire is split by civil war. The first emperor was both head of the Lothian church and political ruler of the imperial domains. Upon his death however the two institutions were split. The state church has been supportive but separate from the political empire since the time of the second emperors until the present. The last imperial line died without an heir though and the head of the church has stepped in claiming a directive from Lothian to return the empire to its unified true Lothian roots. Meanwhile the emperor's old chancellor claimed the throne as regent and certain nobles claimed rights to the throne by blood. The holy emperor is the strongest claimant but taking control of such a vast continental empire is difficult. Many cities were only nominally under the authority of the empire and have taken the opportunity to officially declare themselves independent city states.

Church imperialists seek to solidify the empire, increase regulation/conscription of magic users to their cause, are engaged in intense levvying for imperial legions, and are for centrally consolidating church power at the expense of the traditional centers of power in each city held by the local bishops, all in the name of divine directives from Lothian sent directly to the Holy Emperor.

A number of Lothian bishops have supported their cities' moves for independence, declaring that infernal corruption has struck the central church and that the directives to take political power do not originate from Lothian.

Former elven desmesnes are in open revolt after the church ordered compulsory magical registration and conscription.

Many arcane casters have fled imperial cities, remembering the edicts of deviltry when arcane magic not bound and authorized by the church was punishable by burning at the stake as the church zealously pursued hidden diabolists no matter the cost.

Imperial legions march on former imperial cities and war wracks the land, leaving borders with badlands open and vulnerable. Rumors run rampant each more fantastical than the last. The church is said to be developing construct armies using conscripted mages and rune master lore. The renegade cities are said to be havens for fiends opposed to Lothian. The elves are said to have unleashed spells so powerful they take on life of their own. The church plans to implement a new edict forbidding worship of non-Lothian gods and all will be required to convert to monotheistic Lothianism. The Red Man walks among cities and countrysides proclaiming The Coming. Demonic forces gather outside of the empire and humanoid hordes are massing at the borders, waiting for the time to strike the weakened empire. Some have erupted into the empire and cannot be stopped. The former imperial capital fell to orcish barbarians.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases