Martial Study and Martial Stance Feats?

Pasus Nauran

First Post
My fighter just picked up his first level of Warblade (from Tome of Battle), and I'm thinking I may progress all the way through as Warblade from now on.

I was looking through Tome of Battle, looking at the feats section, and I just wanted to make sure I am reading things correctly for the Martial Study and Martial Stance feats:

1. Can you take Martial Study and pick up a maneuver for a discipline that is not on your class list (such as a Wablade picking up a Devoted Spirit maneuver, for example)?

It seems by the description of the feat that there is no limitation on the discipline you can pick up the maneuver from, as long as you meet the prerequisites.

2. If the above is in fact possible, it seems that you could then use the discipline of the maneuver you picked up via Martial Study, to pick up an off-class discipline stance (such as a Devoted Spirit stance as per the above example) with Martial Stance?

Am I reading these right?

Rhun

First Post
Pasus Nauran said:
1. Can you take Martial Study and pick up a maneuver for a discipline that is not on your class list (such as a Wablade picking up a Devoted Spirit maneuver, for example)?

It seems by the description of the feat that there is no limitation on the discipline you can pick up the maneuver from, as long as you meet the prerequisites.

This is correct.

Pasus Nauran said:
2. If the above is in fact possible, it seems that you could then use the discipline of the maneuver you picked up via Martial Study, to pick up an off-class discipline stance (such as a Devoted Spirit stance as per the above example) with Martial Stance?

This is also correct.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases