3.5e Planescape - Cold Black Mask OOC Thread

Zurai

First Post
Ambrus said:
Well, if you're looking for a more shiny happy people place to study magic then how about Cormyr?

Actually, the more I think about Sindr being a Thayan, the more I like it. It gives him a kind of edge and grittiness that wasn't present in my initial concept, but if there's anything that is the hallmark of a Planescape character, it's "edgy and gritty"! IMO, at least.

So, I'd be up for him being a student of a Thayan academy. As mentioned, his Counterfire ability would help a lot in keeping aggressive students off his back, and his SLAs would help there as well.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Oh right, Cage Rattler, I just remembered. That thing I was asking you earlier and you said you weren't sure about letting a beguiler use Bard Specific Feats... Well I wasn't asking for a bard specific feat. I was actually asking for a Bard specific Spell that is in the spells pdf on planewalker. As you may know, that pdf only mentions the 3.5 PHB core classes, so even though the spell fits the beguiler perfectly it only says bards get it.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Oh right, Cage Rattler, I just remembered. That thing I was asking you earlier and you said you weren't sure about letting a beguiler use Bard Specific Feats... Well I wasn't asking for a bard specific feat. I was actually asking for a Bard specific Spell that is in the spells pdf on planewalker. As you may know, that pdf only mentions the 3.5 PHB core classes, so even though the spell fits the beguiler perfectly it only says bards get it.

I'm also a bit confused about some of the house rules, LA Buy off specifically. What exactly would be the penalty for using this at my current level? It seems like I lose EXP, but how does that work? Do I lose a level too? :confused: See, this is my face right now.

Also, does that race special ability roll thing affect ability modifiers and stuff like Darkvision? Or what? Oh well, here's a roll for it anyway.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1339060

Zurai

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
I'm also a bit confused about some of the house rules, LA Buy off specifically. What exactly would be the penalty for using this at my current level? It seems like I lose EXP, but how does that work? Do I lose a level too? :confused: See, this is my face right now.

If you did LA buyoff, you'd be a level 4 character just the same as if you didn't - but you'd be ECL 4 instead of ECL 5. That means you only need 4,000 XP for the next level instead of 5,000, and you'll get more XP than non-ECL+1 characters. Basically, LA Buyoff means that your progression is slower than non-LA characters early on, but catches up pretty rapidly. After level 7 or so, you should only be a thousand or two XP behind the LA+0 races.

I used LA buyoff for Sindr, for the record.

Zurai

First Post
Beguilers get d6 hit die, so they'd alternate between 4 and 3 each level (in that order). You should have 17 vp from class levels, plus whatever your con bonus is.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Thank you very much. :)

You know Ambrus, everyone in Possum's Star Wars game is wishing you were there right now to think us out of this bantha doodee pile we've fallen into. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases