Zurai

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Con: 14 (+2) [6 points]

Hit Dice: 5d8 + 15
VP: 41/41
WP: 14

3rd: Improved Toughness (CW)

Just a note here: According to the Vitality and Wound Points rules, Improved Toughness applies to Wound Pounts, not Vitality points (any bonus HP from feats go to WP, not VP). So, your VP should be 36 and your WP should be 19.

Ambrus

Explorer
Wow. Wish I'd seen this thread sooner. As is there seems to be far more people than spots available. Cage-Rattler, what's your PC selection process? Is it still worth pitching a character concept? :heh:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Eberron???

Cage-Rattler... I am thinking of playing a LN Changeling Rogue 2/ Cleric 3 going for Black Flame Zealot (CD) via a variant rogue sect (which are mentioned in the Players Guide to Eberron) of the Silver Flame. I also want to use the Changeling Rogue substitution level for Level 1 from the Races of Eberron book.

Eberron Sources are not specifically on your list and it is a WotC supplement, so, I am curious if they are available for this concept. I have not come up with a history yet, but am in the process.

Thanks!

Cage-Rattler

First Post
Ack, this is what I get for going to sleep earlier than usual. :heh:

Zurai,Shayuri,Nac Mac Feegle: Thanks for the concepts (and thanks to Zurai for the rules clarifications, too)!

Scurry: I don't have Unearthed Arcana, but if you want to post the basics of the Human Paragon class in a spoiler block, I'll take a look at it and let you know if it's kosher.

Ambrus: I'll let you in as the last one to submit a character concept, since you've done so much for the modern Planescape community. ;) I'll answer your question about the selction process just below.

All: Thanks to everyone for your interest and time! I think I'll close recruiting for now, with Ambrus as the last potential player. Character selection will be primarily based on whom I think would fit nicely into the background material and with other members of the party. Since I'm planning on taking a maximum of six players at this time, I'll unfortunately have to leave so of you behind, but take heart! If one of the current players bows out or meets an untimely end, you'll take priority as the ones to step in.

I'll look through all of the submitted concepts today, as well as take care of those of you with pending questions or concerns. I'll let you know of my selections by mid-afternoon Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8 hours). Thanks again to all!

Cage-Rattler

First Post
FreeXenon: Hi! I'm not all that familiar with Eberron, but I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that that setting has an entirely different cosmology than "stock" D&D worlds. If that's true, then it might take some tweaking of Eberron background to make the character fit into the Planescape setting.

That said, your post happened to slip in under my previous while I was typing ( ;) ); if you'd still like to submit a basic character concept as a potential backup / replacement, you're more than welcome.

FreeXenon

History

I updated my previous character post with the character stats. I still have some work to do but a lot of it is done. Once I leave the Eberron world, which I provide for in my history, the cosmology really does not matter. I can find myself anywhere, which is a beauty of Planescape.

Rough History[sblock]
I have only really known the halls of Silver Flame Temples as a child. They
showed me respect and did not fear me. I was accepted and was given a place as
long as I followed the rules and learned. Above all I had to learn for by the
grace of the Silver Flame was I saved from damnation and amorality. I learned
their ways and assisted as much as I could. I assisted as a lay priest and on
what little free time I had I did cleanup work and finished the things that
others did not. I found out what I could to help them where they did not have
the time or the means.

I was left there as a baby and was raised by the priests in a small monastery
on the Outskirts the outskirts of Thrane. When I became older I had the pleasure
of going to a larger cathedral in a large Thranite city and the gilded spires
and the throngs of priests and worshipers enthralled me. Such wealth and
influence is to be found here. Such good could be done here, but there were some
that were too lazy or fearful to do what it takes to get the job done.

They did not want to file the appropriate paperwork or inform the appropriate
people of what needs to be done, or of what they are doing. There were problems
that could easily be solved with a merciless hand so needless masses need not
suffer due to moral quandries. I took care of that for them and things started
to change as long as I could without being noticed overmuch.

It was not long before my talents were noticed as things got done that normally
did not. People were acting and doing things they normally did not take the time
to do. They singled me out and after some talk of penance they convinced meto take
help the church in the best way I know how through stealth and subterfuge.

They shipped me off to a hidden monastery with solid black walls and flame motif
in the mountains. Here is where my real training began. I learned more of
the ways of stealth and I learned more of the Church. I came into my own here
and found my true nature useful. My social skills were ok for simple things,
but my ability to blend in was were I was really useful. I could go and do things
that most others could not.

The fateful day came when I was going to perform my first real mission for the
Black Flame. It all went so fast and now I am somewhere that I am not at all
familiar. I followed my mark and he has lead me to this strange place where
nothing is at all quite right.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
HandofMystra said:
This sounds like there are some rules for summing and druids that are not from the PHB. Before I dig up a Manual of the Planes and the Planar Handbook is there a place I should look for these rules?
You might also want to keep in mind that summoning spells don't function in Sigil; the Lady's portals are the only way in or out of the city of doors.

Thanks for the consideration Cage-Rattler. Hm. I count eleven character concepts so far. I'll try putting something together for your consideration soon.

Last edited:

Scurry

First Post
Executive summary: Taking Human Paragon 3/Warlock 2 produces a character who "casts" as a Wlk4, has the non-casting special qualities of a wlk2, and gets a sizable helping of extra skill points, plus a feat and a ability boost.

[sblock]
Human Paragon (3-level class, exempt from multiclass penalty)
d8 hit die, 4+int skills.
Skill list: ten skills of PC's choosing. (knowledges count as separate skills).
Proficiencies: Simple weapons, light armor, one martial weapon.
0/1/2 BAB at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, respectively
Bad fort & ref, good will

1st level :
- Adaptive learning: makes one of the class skills you picked a class skill for all of your classes.

2nd:
- Bonus Feat (any feat the PC qualifies for)
- Advances spellcasting of a previous class.

3rd:
- Ability Boost: +2 to an ability score
- Advances spellcasting of a previous class.[/sblock]

FreeXenon

On the same note as scurry above I will post a little more on Changelings and their substitution level stuff tonight, as well as anything else you like. The social Intuition thing I will probably not use so often.

Remove ads