3.5e Planescape - Cold Black Mask OOC Thread

Ambrus

Explorer
Shayuri said:
Er...except then I wouldn't be in the game anymore.
Hm, I'll admit you've got a point there. Then again, if the primes succeed with their plan of going home then they'll likewise be out of the campaign. Hm...

That's why I suspect that Anthony is the campaign's real protagonist and the rest of us are just incidental background characters in his story. The rest of us are disposable; he's the only one that really matters. :p
Dire Lemming said:
Ambrus, what's your charisma score?
Mine or István's? :uhoh:

Cage-Rattler

First Post
Isida: If I have any say in this, I'd say, stick around for a bit longer, since we'll be getting all the characters back together, and there'll be more chances for folks to respond to Pierce. If you still aren't feeling like it's working, I promise i won't get my feelings hurt if you decide to bow out of the game; I certainly wouldn't want you to stay around if you're not having any fun; that's the whole point of this (or any) hobby. :)

Dire Lemming

First Post
Ambrus said:
Hm, I'll admit you've got a point there. Then again, if the primes succeed with their plan of going home then they'll likewise be out of the campaign. Hm...

That's why I suspect that Anthony is the campaign's real protagonist and the rest of us are just incidental background characters in his story. The rest of us are disposable; he's the only one that really matters. :p
Huh? :confused: Considering the name of the IC thread I'd say it's the mask that's the protagonist.

Ambrus said:
Mine or István's? :uhoh:
... ;)

By the way Cage-Rattler. Thanks for not ditching us so far. It's really frustrating when you go to the trouble to make a character and write up a background only for the DM to disappear without a word before you get to do much of anything. It's even more frustrating when a DM vanishes without a trace after you've started to take a liking to his game. You've done neither of those things and run quite a fun game so, once again, thanks.

Ambrus

Explorer
Dire Lemming said:
Huh? :confused: Considering the name of the IC thread I'd say it's the mask that's the protagonist.
So... if I want to destroy the mask, does that make me the antagonist? :confused:
Dire Lemming said:
By the way Cage-Rattler. Thanks for not ditching us so far. It's really frustrating when you go to the trouble to make a character and write up a background only for the DM to disappear without a word before you get to do much of anything. It's even more frustrating when a DM vanishes without a trace after you've started to take a liking to his game. You've done neither of those things and run quite a fun game so, once again, thanks.
Yeah! What he said. :)

BTW, I'd just like to apologize if my OOC (or IC for that matter) comments were abrasive or made anyone feel like I didn't want them to keep playing; it wasn't my intention. I was simply trying to be honest and straightforward in offering feedback while making (possibly unwise) irreverent comments as I am wont to do. I tend to react to other people's characters the way I'd expect to be treated if I chose to play those PCs. I figure someone who plays a cleric of a righteous god wants to be treated with respect and deference. Someone who chooses a chaotic tiefling probably wants others to act either fearful or scornful around their character. Someone who chooses a character with blades for skin, I imagine, wants to be treated as downright freaky and intimidating. As for Sonata I checked her character sheet and noted her high Charisma and fey traits and figured I should act awed or enchanted around her. When she started acting petulant and insulting I figured I should react as if insulted and switch to treating her as if she were a spoiled pretty-girl. If I've misinterpreted peoples' portrayals of their PCs then I apologize. Nobody's perfect. :heh:

Shayuri

First Post
I didn't take it to mean you didn't want me in the game. :)

Thanks though.

As for Sonata, there's no way you're 'meant' to react. You react how you react. Then I react. From that comes the RP. You found Sonata petulant and insulting. I found Istevan judgemental and dense. :) I think the only -real- comment we can make on this is that they met under very bad circumstances...under a huge time pressure (no time for courtesies!) and at cross purposes (I want to get away, he wants to get in!). So naturally they don't have accurate or complimentary views of one another.

But that's all part of the fun. :)

Ambrus

Explorer
Perhaps "meant to react" isn't quite the right way to phrase it. How about "appropriate to react"? Eh...

I guess I've just been disappointed in the past by the reactions of jaded gamers to astounding PCs and NPCs. A 20 Charisma elf with +30 Diplomacy? I kill it and take its stuff. An angelic being with feathered wings, flawless alabaster skin and a glowing halo of divine fury? Eh, I ask it if it knows the way to the tavern. A crimson scaled, fire breathing dragon-man guarding the door? I offer it 5 gold to go away.

I just think cool stuff should be treated as cool, scary stuff as scary, weird stuff as weird and so on. Then again, astounding stuff has to be presented intermittedly if it's to retain any impact. Don't know if I'm making any sense here. *shrug* :\

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases