So which Desert of Desolation Monster isn't in the Monster Manual I?

Glyfair

Explorer
We have been told that all but one monster from Desert of Desolation will be in the 4E Monster Manual I. Now that we have the set list and pictures, which one do you think isn't in the MM I.

Here is a list of the "monsters" in the set (anything not a PC type race).

Angel of Vengeance
Animated Statue (Animated Object)
Astral Stalker
Bar-Lgura
Black Woods Dryad
Blade Spider
Boneshard Skeleton (known to be in the MM I)
Copper Dragon
Cyclops (known to be in the MM I)
Demonweb Swarm
Drider
Ettercap Webspinner
Feral Troll
Fire Archon
Flame Snake
Gelatinous Cube
Guardian Mummy
Large Fire Elemental
Macetail Behemoth
Manticore Sniper
Naga
Nightmare
Ogre Brute
Osyluth
Rage Drake
Ravenous Ghoul
Rot Scarab Swarm
Sahuagin
Sahuagin Baron
Shadow Mastiff
Shakar-Kai Assassin
Shrieking Harpy
Sphinx
Spined Devil
Thundertusk Boar
Umber Hulk Delver
Visejaw Crocodile
Warhorse
Werewolf Champion
Yuan-Ti Malison
Yuan-Ti Champion of Zehir

Last edited:

zoroaster100

First Post
My guess: fire elemental. I believe we were told that in 4th edition there will no longer be standard elementals distinguishable only by size.

Reaper Steve

Explorer
My guess is Bruenor Battlehammer since he's a named character.

But maybe they are just counting him as a dwarf for 'appearing in the 4E MM' purposes. Blood of Vol Fanatic is a specific name that I don't expect to see expressly detailed in the MM, either. So, as the OP stated, maybe the human/demihumans in the set count just as examples of their race in the MM.

If that's the case, my guess is that the Rage Drake doesn't make it.

Last edited:

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
#1 possibility: Angel of Vengeance. The whole "why waste page space with something the PC's aren't supposed to FIGHT!" angle

#2 possibility: Warhorse. Similar to the above; it's relevant stats might just be in the PHB or something because all people really need to know is how much it can carry and how fast it can go

And can I say for the record that I'm sick and friggin' tired of the NOUN-NOUNs? Macetail? Visejaw? Thundertusk? Ugh.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Kamikaze Midget said:
And can I say for the record that I'm sick and friggin' tired of the NOUN-NOUNs? Macetail? Visejaw? Thundertusk? Ugh.
Kamikaze?

(Spiritwind Dwarf! That could work as some kind of weird creature, eh?)

Xyl

First Post
zoroaster100 said:
My guess: fire elemental. I believe we were told that in 4th edition there will no longer be standard elementals distinguishable only by size.

This is my guess as well.

Xyl

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:
Don't forget "sawtail catshark". Absolutely horrible name, whoever came up with it should be fired.

Oh wait, that's a real-world fish... I guess we can't fire the designer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases