3.5e Eberron Against the Giants -- Recruiting closed.

s@squ@tch

First Post
1 Zarantyr 999 // Breland, City of Sharn.

House Medani Enclave:

Cold rain falls from the skies on a dark winters night. The clouds have blocked the full moon. A heavily robed figure walks through the door of a lavishly appointed study, raindrops outlining his footfalls as he approaches a high-backed leather chair turned toward a crackling fire.

The courier stops short of the chair -- “Milord, we’ve been able to determine that the reports are true.”

“So the visions were correct. Give my best to Dorgath and Levis.”

“Milord, they paid for the information with their lives.”

“Leave me. I must meditate towards the next course of action.”

“Of course, Milord.”

With barely a whisper, the courier is gone.

[D]aa[/D]
Outside:

A dark winged figure materializes from the windowframe outside of the study, quickly releasing from its perch and winging its way from the building.

Minutes later, it disappears below ground through an old ventilation shaft.

It comes out of the shaft into a worked-stone room, one wall painted a blood-red color, with a central green claw, and adeptly lands on the desk in the corner of the room.

“Report.”

“Missstresss, the half-breeds believe it to be true.”

“Good. Assemble the rest.”

“Yess, Misstress.” The figure bows and then departs.

[D]aaa[/D]

A new threat has risen – something has organized the giants found in Xendrik and emboldened them. Several expeditions have been lost on the continent and the major houses are becoming hesitant to send reinforcements. The flow of dragonshards has almost ceased.

House Medani, acting in a rare conjunction with House Tharashk, has issued the call for a group of hale adventurers to voyage to the southern continent of Xendrik, to find the source of the increased aggression and coordination of the giant attacks on the archeological and dragonshard collecting expeditions.

They have contracted an airship to provide transport to Xendrik, and are providing a few artificiers and magewrights, along with other support personnel to the expedition. A sending stone will be provided for updating your sponsor(s) – Bendis Aldarn d’Medani and Darvir d'Tharashk.

Interested parties are to report to the main Medani house in Sharn by 20 Zarantyr 999. House Medani will recompense all parties handsomely for their service with House services and letters of credit.

3.5 Edition rules
# of characters: 7 or 8
Level: 8th,
Starting Equipment: 27K (8th) -- no item more than 1/2
Alignment: No requirement, but if you plan an evil character, a good reason, plus a good cover, would be required.
Ability Generation: 32 point buy
Hit Points: Max HP at 1st level, leveling up, take 3/4 of the maximum possible roll for your hit points. For classes using a d6 or d10, round down, but make it up at the next level.
Source Material: Core + Complete Series, Magic Item Compendium, Eberron Campaign Setting, Races of Eberron, subject to approval by me. No: Incarnum, Tome of Battle, Psionics
Setting: Eberron -- so only races present on Eberron would qualify.
Speed: Very important: I try to post once a day, I am looking for a fast paced game, but allowing time for character development and interaction with the world. This is a long series of modules, so I am looking for people into it for the long haul. Your posting record will be looked into and used with your character concept submission.

At this time, a concept plus class, feat selection would be required. If you want to provide a full character sheet, I can't say that I will stop you, as it honestly helps out in the selection process. So, if you like to be pounded on by large humanoids, please submit a character concept, as the meat grinder needs the meat!

This will obviously be a larger than standard party, so the traditional roles/classes are tossed out the window. I'm looking for a well balanced party, but 'balanced' is a relative term -- time for the weird and strange to come out of the woodwork. (but alas, the dread necromancer will still be a tough fit ;) )

Thanks!

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Sounds intriguing. I don't know anything about the module, but I have lots of Eberron experience and I like mid to high level play. I also think Xendrick is a ripe setting for RP, what with all the history...plenty of room for old ruins, ancient secrets, encounters with tribal drow...between the fights with the giants. :)

Mellubb

First Post
I don't know anything about the module either. But I think it would be awesome to explore the Giantish lands in Xen'drik. I think there are some fantastic opportunities here.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I admittedly don't know too much about Against the Giants, but have read some about it. I'd love to play it if at all possible. Do I need to research more or just have the general idea?

Creamsteak

Explorer
I have to jump at this. I'm not familiar with the modules, beyond that I have a King Snurr miniature from the dnd miniatures. I also have a vague idea about the general concept, that it involves giants of a few different types.

As corny as it sounds, I think I'd be really interested in playing a giantslayer-type ranger. That role of course is very out of place in Eberron unless you spend your days in Xen'drik, so obviously I'd have to have a race or background that put me there previously. At 9th level I think that's reasonable.

Edit: It just occured to me that the dragonmarked houses would obviously be involved in this sort of thing, but which houses and for which reasons?

Last edited:

As A big Greyhwak fan, I must say I like this module, thought, I didn't ran it to my players in the past … but why Eberron, nothing can replace Greyhawk (in my opinion), the invaded land of Geoff, and the slopes of the Crystalmist Mt.
Let me throw my hat into this, anything that remind me of good old Greyhawk is a potential game to me, like your Reptile god game.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Eberron is at least eight different shades of awesome, though my experience with Against the Giants is by the vaguest of reputations only. But Xen'drik has more potential than is reasonably allowed by the laws of nature. I'd certainly be interested in testing myself Against the Giants!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases