+0 ECL Tiefling anywhere...?

psionotic

Good Afternoon,

Our group is starting up a campaign that will be converting to 4e when it comes out. I'd like to try a tiefling crusader, which will be come a tiefling paly (or maybe cleric) post upgrade.

The problem is, the MM Tiefling is +1 ECL. Anyone know of a +0 variant that's (more or less) official anywhere? I can downgrade the MM one if I need to, but I just don't want to duplicate effort if its already been done...

Thanks!

-psi

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Aside from 4E? :)

Try this Savage Progressions article from the WotC website.

It uses the 'template class' concept, where there is a 1-level progression to full Tiefling, but includes the rule that "Characters are not required to complete all the levels of a given template class in uninterrupted succession. For example, a character who takes a level of wereboar could then take a level of fighter and a level of rogue (or any other combination of other class levels) before taking another level of wereboar. A character must still take the first level of wereboar before taking the second, just as with a normal class."

... so you can use Tiefling-0 as your race, and then never get around to taking the template level to complete the progression.

-Hyp.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I've heard Player's Guide to Faerun had a "Lesser Tiefling" which was LA +0, but I do not own that book.

Cheers, -- N

Zurai

First Post
The Player's Guide To Faerun "lesser" tiefling is inded +0.

The only change is to remove the "Outsider (Native)" type and subtype and replace them with "Humanoid (Planetouched)". Because of that, things that affect both humanoids and outsiders will work on them, instead of just things that affect outsiders.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Another possibility: Player's Guide to Arcanis Darkkin. The idea is the same as the tiefling and the implementation is ECL 0--if a rather strong ECL 0.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases