How many old players are still out there

Imreis

First Post
I remember like some one else who stated, long before i first rp'ed, i would do it with *blushes* Legos! *cough cough* dont ask... anyways, i started reading my first fantasy novels like the aurthurian ledgends then skipped to anything Dragonlance. the first time i touched dice and actually rp'ed i was 15 years old, i can still remember my first character. her name was Katt and it was some weird race of cat people. that was Rifts. and after that i skipped so many systems...oi Rifts, Paladium Fantasy, Werewolf, Ninja's and Superspies, Nightbane (Nightspawn), then on to DnD.

anyone who knew be back then, i hated DnD but thats what you get for your first time being poor gamers. a few years latter i got in a kick butt group and have been hooked ever since...then ofcourse lately ive been moved into 2nd edition so thats like ...yeah confusing.

So 10 years of gaming on my part...not much of it online but who cares, its great remincing like this with everyone!

Bari

First Post
I started tabletop RPing last month myself. We started out as three, now I've got to DM for about nine. *faints*

Mortonia

First Post
Cloaked Woman said:
well I started online rp back in the AOL days....biut I had been doing dice/tabletop since way long before that!

I read this and it occurred to me that I have been playing D&D in some form or another for 23 years this year. We actually started with the old basic D&D in the Red box and the Experts set in the blue one, back when elves were a class. Then we picked up Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, and we were off to the races. We were horrible DM's, the whole lot of us. At one point, we actually had to make our attack rolls with a 30-sider because a 20-sider didn't roll high enough for us to actually hit anything the DM had put in the dungeon.

I actually remember having the following exchange at one point:

DM: "You enter the room and find a unicorn. It attacks you."
Us: "Um. Aren't unicorns good?"
DM: "Oh right. It wants you to leave."
Us: "Why?"
DM: "It attacks you for not leaving."
<insert the sound of d30's rattling>

I remember how it use to be, in my head atleast, so simple and fun.

Running through a premade dungeon hehe, just happy to fight and kill, only story I had was, 'hes strong' Then the killing began.. I miss those times. As I got older it kind of progresed like life. easy and simple was school and childhood, but as you get old, needs, money bills living on your own gets complicated.. pretty much going from being satisfied with encounter aftr bloody encounter and adding storyline and depth.

I miss a good hack and slash.

Cloaked Woman

First Post
Mortonia said:
I read this and it occurred to me that I have been playing D&D in some form or another for 23 years this year. We actually started with the old basic D&D in the Red box and the Experts set in the blue one, back when elves were a class. Then we picked up Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, and we were off to the races. We were horrible DM's, the whole lot of us. At one point, we actually had to make our attack rolls with a 30-sider because a 20-sider didn't roll high enough for us to actually hit anything the DM had put in the dungeon.

I actually remember having the following exchange at one point:

DM: "You enter the room and find a unicorn. It attacks you."
Us: "Um. Aren't unicorns good?"
DM: "Oh right. It wants you to leave."
Us: "Why?"
DM: "It attacks you for not leaving."
<insert the sound of d30's rattling>

LOL that sounds like something my group would have done! wait we still do LOL

Haeron

First Post
Mortonia said:
I remember Shannon the Red. I vaguely remember I got drafted by her to teach Jadaria how to kiss before she got married.

Ah the good old days.

LOL I remember that!!! Shannon had tried to teach her...using Qaltessil as our "guy kisser". I talk to Jadaria's player almost everyday over the phone...Sadly she does not come here anymore. :-(

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases