Planescape 3.5e - Cold Black Mask (Character Gallery)

Cage-Rattler

First Post
Wherein can be found the keynote characters of our Tale - as well as those who would Aid or Hinder them - and other individuals of import.

Zurai

First Post
Sindr Mogh
Male Tiefling Evoker 4
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Tymora
Region: Thay, Faerun
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 144 lbs
Hair: Blue-black, long and wavy
Eyes: Red
Skin: Bronzed
XP: 7,500/10,000

Str: 9 (-1) [1 point]
Dex: 14 (+2) [4 points, +2 race]
Con: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Int: 20 (+5) [13 points, +2 race, +1 level]
Wis: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Cha: 10 (+0) [4 points, -2 race]

Class and Racial abilities: Tiefling traits (Outsider type, Darkvision 60', +2 bonus on Bluff and Hide checks, +2 saves vs acid, spell-like abilities), Counterfire (5 times per day as an immediate action, when a visible enemy within 60 feet attempts a ranged attack or spell against Sindh, he can respond with a glowing arrow of force. On a successful ranged touch attack, this arrow deals 1d6 force damage. Both attacks are simultaneous; neither can disrupt the other). Proficient with all simple weapons. Arcane spellcasting.

Hit Dice: 4d4+8
Vitality Points: 20
Wound Points: 14
AC: 12 (+2 Dex) [Touch 12, Flat-footed 10]
Init: +2 (+2 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +2 [+1 base, +2 Con, -1 Plucky] +4 vs Acid
Reflex +3 [+1 base, +2 Dex] +5 vs Acid
Will +5 [+4 base, +0 Wis, +1 Plucky] +7 vs Acid

BAB/Grapple: +2/+2
Melee Atk: +0 (1d4/19-20/x2, dagger)
Ranged Atk: +4 (1d4/19-20/x2, dagger)

Skills:
Code:
Bluff +2			[0 ranks, +0 Cha, +2 race]
Concentration +11		[7 ranks, +2 Con, +2 [i]circlet of mages[/i]]
Decipher Script +12		[7 ranks, +5 Int]
Hide +4				[0 ranks, +2 Dex, +2 race]
Knowledge: Arcana +14		[7 ranks, +5 Int, +2 Collegiate Wizard]
Knowledge: Nature +9		[4 ranks, +5 Int]
Knowledge: The Planes +12	[7 ranks, +5 Int]
Spellcraft +12			[7 ranks, +5 Int]

Trait:
Plucky (+1 Will save, -1 Fort save)

Flaws:
Murky-Eyed (Roll miss chance for concealment twice, take the worse roll)
Noncombatant (-2 to melee attack rolls)

Feats:
Collegiate Wizard (1st Level)
Scribe Scroll (Wizard Bonus)
Energy Substitution: Electricity (Flaw Bonus)
Born of the Three Thunders (Flaw Bonus)
Spell Focus: Evocation (3rd Level)

Languages:
Common, Infernal, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Auran, Abyssal

Spells Known: DC 15+spell level (+1 Evocation)
Prohibited Schools - Enchantment and Necromancy
0th - Resistance, Acid Splash, Caltrops, Detect Poison, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Dancing Lights, Electric Jolt, Flare, Light, Ray of Frost, Sonic Snap, Ghost Sound, Silent Portal, Amanuensis, Launch Bolt, Launch Item, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Open/Close, Repair Minor Damage, Stick, Arcane Mark, Prestidigitation
1st - Alarm, Endure Elements, Shield, Benign Transposition, Kelgore's Fire Bolt, Grease, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Unseen Servant, Identify, Ice Dagger, Magic Missile, Disguise Self, Nerveskitter
2nd - Glitterdust, Combust, Scorching Ray, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Knock, Rope Trick, Lesser Celerity

Spell-like Abilities: CL 4, DC 12
1/day: Comprehend Languages, Blur
3/week: Pyrotechnics

Equipment:
arcanist's gloves, 500gp, - lbs
circlet of mages, 5,000gp, - lbs
signet ring, 5gp, - lbs
fancy robes, 50gp, 6 lbs
spell component pouch, 5gp, 2 lbs
2 daggers, 4gp, 2 lbs
Heward's handy haversack, 2,000gp, 5 lbs
(main compartment; contains 22/80 lbs)
~everlasting rations, 300gp, 2 lbs
~everfull mug, 200gp, - lbs
~100ft silk rope, 20gp, 10 lbs
~bedroll, 1gp, 5 lbs
~10 pieces of chalk, 1sp, - lbs
~5 empty vials, 5gp, 0.5 lbs
~3 daggers, 6gp, 3 lbs
~small steel mirror, 10gp, 0.5 lbs
~beeswax, 1sp, 1 lb
(side compartment 1; contains 6/20 lbs)
~pearl of power 1st-level, 1,000gp, - lbs
~5 potions of cure light wounds, 250gp, - lbs
~5 sunrods, 10gp, 5 lbs
~dagger, 2gp, 1 lb
(side compartment 2; contains 9/20 lbs)
~spellbook (55 pages used), free, 3 lbs
~spellbook (blank), 15gp, 3 lbs
~scribing kit, 50gp, 1 lb
~sealing wax, 1gp, 1 lb
~dagger, 2gp, 1 lb
~5 pearls worth 100gp each, 500gp, - lbs
infinite scrollcase, 2,800gp, 3 lbs
~2 scrolls of comprehend languages, 25gp
~2 scrolls of disguise self, 25gp
~scroll of endure elements, 12.5gp
~scroll of benign transposition, 12.5gp
~2 scrolls of invisibility, 150gp
~scroll of rope trick, 75gp
~scroll of knock, 75gp

Load:
18 lbs; light load
0-30 light, 31-60 medium, 61-90 heavy

Money:
94.8gp

[sblock=Currently Memorized Spells: ]0th - Electric Jolt, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Detect Magic x2
1st - Magic Missile, Sindr's Charged Bolt*, Shield, Mage Armor, Nerveskitter, Open Spell Slot
2nd - Scorching Ray, Invisibility, Glitterdust, Knock

*: Kelgore's Fire Bolt Energy Substituted to Electricity[/sblock]

~~~~~~~

Appearance:
Sindr Mogh looks -- as he puts it -- "like somethin' that crawled outta th' swamp". He's short and stocky, with bronzed skin, red eyes, and a two foot long alligator-like tail at the base of his spine. He wears elaborate blue-grey robes covered in eldritch sigils and arcane marks in geometric designs. His long blue-black hair is cascades loose over his shoulders and down his back.

Personality:
Sindr ("Jus' call me 'Cinder', it's close 'nough.") is unusually cheerful for a tiefling; few things seem to upset or discourage him, and his good intentions bleed through into his demeanor. On the other hand, he has a short attention span and a mischevious streak; much to his teacher's dissatisfaction, Sindr prefers flashy, showy spells and never put in enough time to learn the slower, more delicate arcana required to master spells from the Enchantment and Necromancy schools. He prefers Evocations above all else, although he has plenty of Illusions and Conjurations in his bag of tricks, and after a few acid splash misfires, he developed a healthy respect for Abjurations as well. Sindr would have neglected learning Divinations as well, but his master declared that, should Sindr not at least master the basics of the school, he would be discharged from his apprenticeship.

Sindr typically speaks in a rough country accent, but careful listeners note that, when he casts spells, his pronunciation is absolutely perfect. In fact, the accent is mostly an affectation. Sindr uses it as a way of breaking the ice with people; it's usually harder to hate someone for having the appearance of a demon when they speak like a country bumpkin.

Background:
There is no known fiendish blood in Sindr's ancestry; either the inheritance is from an age now forgotten, or it has something to do with the terrible magical storm that wracked the countryside the night he was born. Despite his blood-red eyes and the stub of a tail at the base of his spine, Sindr's parents chose to keep him and raise him as their own rather than abandon or kill him. Their love was a constant influence on his life, and when he showed signs of magical aptitude, his parents scraped together all of their available cash and sent him to one of the famed Thayan magical academies. His time there was a rude awakening for Sindr, but his natural skill at magic and his innate magical abilities kept him from suffering too badly at the hands of the other students. Still, he knew that he had no future as a Red Wizard of Thay, and when the chance came for him to abandon his homeland, he leapt at it.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Character deity and background to be edited once we've worked out a group background for the primes.

Heinrich Stronghand
Male Human Cleric 4/Ordained Champion 1
Alignment: LG
Deity: Heironeous
Height:
Weight:
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Tanned
XP: 11125

Str: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Dex: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Int: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Wis: 18 (+4) [8 points, +1 level boost, +2 item]
Cha: 14 (+2) [6 points]

Racial Abilities: 1 bonus feat at first level, +4 skill points at first level, +1 skill point/level past first

Class Abilities: Turn Undead, Divine Spells, Extra Domain (Good), Combat Feats (Sacrificed Good, Glory domain powers), Continued Advancement, Modified Spontaneous Casting.

Domains: Good, War, Glory.

Hit Dice: 5d8 + 10
VP: 36/36
WP: 14
AC: 19 (+0 dex, +5 armor, +4 shield), Touch 10, FF 19.
DR: 4/- (Armor)
Init: +0 (+0 Dex)
Speed: 20 ft

Saves:
Fortitude +8 [+6 base, +2 Con]
Reflex +1 [+1 base, +0 Dex]
Will +10 [+6 base, +4 Wis]

BAB/Grapple: +4/+6
Melee Atk: Longsword +8 [1d8+2, 19-20/x2]

Skills :
Knowledge (religion): +8 [8 ranks, +0 Int]
Concentration: +9 [7 ranks, +2 Con]
Diplomacy: +8 [6 ranks, +2 Cha]
Intimidate: +3 [1 ranks, +2 Cha]
Ride: +1 [1 rank, +0 dex]
Speak Language: Celestial [2 cc ranks]

Feats:
1st: Spontaneous Healing (CD)
Human Bonus: Divine Vigor (CW)
War Domain: Martial Weapons Proficiency: Longsword (Core)
War Domain: Weapon Focus: Longsword (Core)
3rd: Augment Healing (CD)
Combat Feat: Power Attack (Core)
Combat Feat: Shield Specialization (Heavy Shield)

Spells per day: 5/4+1/3+1

[sblock=Spells Currently Prepared]
0th - Guidance, Cure Minor Wounds x2, Light, Resistance.
1st - Bless, Shield of Faith, Divine Favor, [Protection from Evil]
2nd - Bull's Strength, Close Wounds, Divine Protection, [Spiritual Weapon]
[/sblock]

Languages: Common

Equipment:
Masterwork Longsword (315gp)
+1 Heavy Steel Shield (1,170gp)
+1 Full Plate (2,650gp)
Helm of Wisdom +2 (4,000gp)
Sacred Scabbard (4,400)
Bedroll (1sp)
Map Case (1gp)
Flint and Steel (1gp)
Trail Rations, 5 days (25sp)
Tent (10gp)
Heavy Horse (200gp)
Military Saddle (20gp)

Money: 230gp, 4sp

Appearance: When outside the all-concealing heavy plate that normally obscures his form, Heinrich Stronghand is a man of average height and stocky build, with wide, powerful shoulders and a look of calm, strong surety in his dark eyes. Whether in or out of armor, his raiment is unadorned and simple, nothing that could catch on the battlefield or slow him in a fight. His movements are efficient and businesslike, with motion rarely wasted.

Personality: Heinrich is, by and large, a simple man. His beliefs are firm and uncomplicated, that there is evil in the world which must be opposed with every breath, unto death. As a soldier, he understands the necessity of compromise in the short-term, but as a messenger of God, he also knows that in the end all will be brought to the light of virtue or cast down into eternal suffering.

Basic Background: I'm leaving this relatively clear for now so I don't add even more weird-ass variables to getting the Prime party working together. He's a cleric, raised and trained by the church, but I'm open to working out further background details with other PCs.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
istvandy1tk2.gif

István Angushtri
Whisper Gnome Psychic Warrior 2 / Scout 3

NG Small humanoid (gnome)
Init +7; Senses Low-light vision, darkvision 60-ft.; Listen +6, Spot +11,
Languages Common, Gnome, ?
–––––––––––––––––––––––––
AC 19, touch 16, flat-footed 14;
skirmish +1 AC, uncanny dodge
+4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type
WP 12, VP 26 (5d8 HD); DR 2/–
Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +3
Spd 70 ft.
Melee rapier +10 (1d4-1)
Ranged sling +9 (1d3)
Base Atk +3; Grp -3 (-1 to escape a grapple)
Atk option Skirmish +1d6;
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids
Power Points/Day 2;
Psychic Warrior Power Known (ML 2nd):
1st–chameleon, psionic endure elements
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st):
1/day–ghost sound, mage hand, message, silence (self only)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 13, Chr 10
SQ trackless step, trapfinding
Feats Dodge, Mobility, Speed of Thought, Up the Walls, Weapon Finesse
Flaws Murky Eyed
Traits Slippery, Quick
Skills Balance +7, Concentration +8, Escape Artist +13 (+14 to escape a grapple),
Hide +21 (+23 in dark conditions), Jump +30, Listen +6, Move Silently +17,
Tumble +15, Spot +11, Swim 0
Possessions Boots of striding & springing, gloves of agile striking, ring of sustenance,
2 potions of cure light wounds, masterwork deep crystal rapier, sling with 12 bullets
(3 silver, 9 cold iron), mithral chain shirt, masterwork buckler (enameled bracer),
silver dagger, cold iron dagger, black bodysuit, sashling, potion belt, sundark goggles,
bedroll, 2 sacks, talis deck
Treasure 39 gp, 7 sp, 2 cp
Experience 11,502
Height 3' 2" Weight 42 lbs Age 53 years[Sblock=Appearance]Like most of his kin, István is lean and long-limbed despite his diminutive stature, with a swift fluidity to his movements. What little is visible of the gnome's skin is dusky olive in tone and clean shaven, while his unkempt hair is nearly black and his furtive eyes are steely grey. Being of a secretive people, István prefers dressing in dark drab colors; the cut and style of his worn clothing and equipment reflecting the disparate lands he's traveled through. The wayfarer's whisper-soft breeches and tunic are made of black Shou silk while overtop of that the gnome wears a small dark-brown leather jerkin and a grey-green cloak. Rounding out the outfit is a pair of deceptively delicate split-toed boots, a pair of supple fingerless leather gloves, a heavy grey scarf, a pair of dark goggles and a pocket-studded leather belt and baldric which support the large shard of crystal and bedroll slung across Istvan's back. His only visible means of defense is an elaborately crafted black-enameled Shou bracer on his left forearm, which the gnome uses to deflect attacks and to house two concealed daggers. Hidden beneath his tunic however, István wears a pliable shirt of the finest mithral chain along with an under-shirt for added protection on the open road.[/SBLOCK][Sblock=Background]Free; the one word that now defines István. In his younger years the young gnome, along with most of his kinfolk, could only imagine what it meant. They were the slaves of a tyrannical human government who had conquered their homeland. Some gnomes were kept as personal servants while others were forced to mine the deep earth for precious minerals; a job the diminutive folk proved ideal for. István spent his childhood in such a mine alongside his mother, listening to the elders' tales of green pastures, sweet air and freedom. It was a dream he carried in his heart both when awake or sleeping. The young gnome's dreams proved to have power and with time they engendered within him the will and means to attempt escape.

Accused of hoarding gemstones by a foreman, István's mother was wiped to death before the young gnome. Empowered by the traumatic experience and his mother's anguish filled plea for him to run and hide, István did just that. It was a trying ordeal but István did eventually make it past the many guards and out of the mine into the open air. Once free István kept running, much further and faster than most would have imagined possible. Just as no physical barriers succeeded in barring the young gnome's escape, it seemed from that moment on as if distance, time and the laws of motion themselves had no hold on the boy.

Through prairies, forests, towns and cities the young gnome ran, exalting in the feeling of newfound freedom. István ran through fiefdoms and wildlands, until it seemed that he must surely reach the edge of the world. Without stopping, he dived off the edge and into the infinite planes beyond.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Pierce Spinecrusher
Female Spiker Fighter 5

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Patron Deity:
Home Plane: Acheron
Height: 4' 7''
Weight: 116lbs
Hair: Dark Bronze
Eyes: Steel Gray
XP: 10,500

Str: 18 (+4) [8 points, +1 level, +2 gauntlets]
Dex: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Con: 16 (+3) [10 points]
Int: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Wis: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Cha: 8 (-1) [0 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Extraplanar humanoid, 60 ft. darkvision, +1 natural armor, DR 2/bludgeoning, acid resistance 5, free Martial Weapon Proficiency with body spikes, natural spikes deal damage as per armor spikes. Max Dex of armor is reduced by one and ACP is worsened by 2. Bonus fighter feats, proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all armor and all shields.

Hit Dice: 5d10 + 3
VP: 47
WP: 16
DR: 2/bludgeoning, 4/-
AC: 19 (+5 armor, +3 shield, +0 Dex, +1 natural) [touch +10, flat-footed +19]
ACP: –8 [-7 from armor, -1 from shield]
Init: +0 (+0 Dex)
Speed: 30ft (20 ft. in armor)

Saves:
Fortitude +8[+4 base, +3 Con, +1 cloak]
Reflex +2[+1 base, +0 Dex, +1 cloak]
Will +4[+1 base, +2 Wis, +1 cloak]

BAB/Grapple: +5/+9
Melee Atk: +10 (1d6+3/P, armor spikes)
Melee Atk: +11 (1d6+6/P, +1 shield spikes)
Melee Atk: +10 (1d8+4/B, MW flail)
Ranged Atk: +5 (1d4+4/19-20/10 ft./P, dagger)

Skills:
Craft (weaponsmithing) +11 [8 ranks, +1 Int, +2 MW tools]
Craft (armorsmithing) +11 [8 ranks, +1 Int, +2 MW tools]
Intimidate +8 [8 ranks, +0 Cha]
Listen +2 [0 ranks, +2 Wis]
Spot +2 [0 ranks, +2 Wis]

Feats:
Power Attack (1st level)
Weapon Focus – body spikes (fighter bonus 1st level)
Weapon Focus – spiked shield (fighter bonus 2nd level)
Improved Shield Bash (3rd level)
Weapon Specialization – shield spikes (fighter bonus 4th level)

Languages: Common, Infernal

Equipment:
+1 full plate – 2,650gp
+1 heavy steel shield with +1 spikes – 1,170gp + 2,310gp
Gauntlets of ogre power – 4,000gp
Masterwork flail – 308gp
5 daggers – 10gp
Cloak of resistance +1 – 1,000gp
4 potions of cure light wounds – 1,200gp
Backpack – 2gp
Very nice portable folding cot (spike-proof) – 10gp
Belt pouch – 1gp
Traveler’s outfit – free
2 Explorer’s outfits – 20gp
MW armorsmith’s tools – 55gp
MW weaponsmith’s tool – 55gp

Money
209gp

Appearance: Slender and short for a spiker, no taller than most elves, Pierce gives the appearance of a slightly raw statue, perhaps something newly minted by a slightly sadistic mind. All metallic angles and points, her spikes show through gleaming full plate armor. Her dark bronze hair flows up and out of the top her helmet in a topknot, and she bears a heavy spikey shield on her left arm. Though she has a well-made flail at hand, she is rarely seen with it in her hand.

Background and Personality: Everyone comes to Acheron to find fighters. There are many of the planes who will fight, and many more that are bred to it, by nature and profession. But few that are born with it in their blood, who breathe it every day, who live it with each motion, whose very bodies are a testament to battle. My kin are some of those few. Spikers, kin of the bladelings, we live for the battle that comes from the crashing metal of Acheron.

Yet for all those that have hired my siblings and clan, I have yet to see outside my own world. My blades are sharp, my flail is heavy, my shield is thirsty for blood, but I was not chosen to walk with the war clans. Honor in battle is life, blood in battle is life, indeed, battle itself defines who we are. Why was I not chosen?

Uncertainty plagued me, was carried in every thrust and stop, every slash and swipe. It diminished me even as I grew stronger in my craft. How could I fail when I hadn't even begun?

It is said that hate in a warrior leans to reckless action, that desire would rob me of my edge, that curiosity only annoyed potential employers.

Yet I hate that I was not chosen. I desire to fight beyond the cube of my clan. And I am curious about those that have left and never returned.

I have broken from my sept and clan, I have finally journeyed away from Acheron, and I hope this Sigil, this Cage, holds the battle I seek. If I fail myself this time, at least I will have died trying.

My name is Pierce Spinecrusher, I am a spiker from the Infernal Battlefields of Acheron, and I am here to fight.

Last edited:

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Cang Lao
Male Human Psychic Warrior 5
Alignment: Lawful Good
Religion: The Path of Enlightenment
Region: Shou Lung, Kara-Tur
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair: Black, worn in a topknot
Skin: Tanned
XP: 10,000

Str: 18 (+3) [10 points, +2 gauntlets]
Dex: 13 (+1) [5 points]
Int: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Wis: 14 (+2) [5 points, +1 level]
Cha: 8 (-1)

Racial and Class Abilities: Bonus skill points, bonus feat. Psionic powers, bonus feats (Psionic or Fighter), simple and martial weapon proficiency, all armor proficiency, shield proficiency (except tower shields).

Hit Dice: 5d8+10
Vitality Points: 36
Wound Points: 14
AC: 18 (+1 Dex, +4 armor, +3 shield) [Touch 11, Flat-footed 17]
DR: 2/-
Init: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 20 ft.

Saves:
Fortitude +7 [+4 base, +2 Con, +1 cloak]
Reflex +3 [+1 base, +1 Dex, +1 cloak]
Will +4 [+1 base, +2 Wis, +1 cloak]

BAB/Grapple: +3/+6
Melee Atk: +8 (1d8+4, 19-20/x2, +1 longsword)
Ranged Atk: +5 (1d8+4, x3, mwk composite longbow)

Skills:
Autohypnosis 10 (6 ranks, +2 Wis, +2 synergy)
Climb 10 (6 ranks, +4 Str)
Concentration 12 (8 ranks, +2 Con, +2 synergy)
Jump 9 (5 ranks, +4 Str)
Knowledge: the planes 2 (1 rank, +1 Int)
Knowledge: psionics 8 (5 ranks, +1 Int, +2 synergy)

Feats:
Power Attack (1st Level)
Dodge (Human Bonus)
Cleave (PW Bonus, 1st Level)
Psionic Weapon (PW Bonus, 2nd Level)
Mobility (3rd Level)
Psionic Meditation (PW Bonus, 5th Level)

Languages:
Common, Gith

Powers Known: DC 12+power level
1st – Biofeedback, Expansion, Vigor
2nd – Body Adjustment, Hustle

Equipment:
+1 longsword, 2,330 gp, 4 lb.
Masterwork composite longbow (+4 Str), 800 gp, 3 lb.
+1 breastplate, 1,350 gp, 30 lb.
+1 heavy steel shield, 1,170 gp, 15 lb.
Gauntlets of ogre power, 4,000 gp, 4 lb.
Belt of one mighty blow, 1,500 gp, 1 lb.
Cloak of resistance +1, 1,000 gp, 1 lb.
40 arrows, 2 gp, 6 lb.
Monk's outfit, - gp, - lb.
Backpack, 2 gp, 2 lb., contains:
-Bedroll, 1 gp, 5 lb.
-Everfull mug, 200 gp, - lb.
-Everlasting rations, 350 gp, 2 lb.
-Ink (three vials), 24 gp, - lb.
-Inkpen, 1 sp, - lb.
-Parchment (ten sheets), 2 gp, - lb.
-Sunrods (five), 10 gp, 5 lb.

Load:
78 lbs; light load
0-100 light, 101-200 medium, 201-300 heavy

Money:
20 pp, 58 gp, 9 sp

[sblock=Background]Cang Lao is the son of Zhen and Yu Lao, a pair of affluent merchants from Shou Lung. Or, rather, he was the son of Zhen and Yu Lao...

Cang and his six brothers and sisters always accompanied their parents when they made their frequent travels across the empire in vast merchant caravans. When he was seven years old, as his family traveled with a particularly large group of wagons, disaster struck. Not in the form a bandit attack, nor a storm, but a gateway. A swirling portal opened before the family's cart, and before they could veer around it, they were through--and once they were through, it shut.

Beyond the portal was a nightmarish world of fire-filled skies and oceans of lightning, crumbling islands of soil drifting on the surface of floating spheres of water...and the slaadi. The frog-men took great pleasure in picking off those members of Cang's family who had not died due to the fireballs bursting from the ground or from the suffocating storms of sand. Cang himself was saved for last...but then he was simply saved, as a group of githzerai warriors descended upon the slaadi hunting party and drove off those that were not killed.

The gith took pity on Cang, and brought him to their monastery, floating on a stable piece of earth above a sea of fire. Some were resistant to the idea, but the majority voted to keep him, and the discovery of latest psionic talent in the boy ended the debate; he was spared from being turned out into the chaos of Limbo once again, and the gith began to tutor him in the ways of the sword, the fist, and the mind.

For twelve years, Cang studied, trained, and performed ridiculous and tedious tasks on behalf of his instructors, dutifully and generally without complaint. But after a dozen years of living with a group of alien monks and warriors, a young man can grow restless, and so Cang did. He sought the company of others like himself and of places in which he did not feel so confined. With the few belongings he had salvaged from the bodies of his slain family, a handful of items procured from the githzerai, and the blessing of the gith, he left Limbo behind.

The portal Cang used brought him to the gate-town of Xaos, where he, to say the least, saw things he had never even imagined possible. Through another gate, he made it to his destination: the city of doors, Sigil. Cang was informed by the monks of a githzerai living within the Cage who might give shelter to him...if, indeed, this githzerai was alive. Fortunately for Cang, the gith still lived, and for the past handful of days, it is with this self-exiled monk that the human warrior has dwelt. He has spent most of those days simply wandering the city, however, overwhelmed by the sheer variety of its inhabitants and habitations... and thinking that perhaps he was too hasty to leave the comfort and familiarity of the monastery behind for the even more alien chaos of Sigil's bustling and dangerous streets.

But one day, upon his wanderings through the Market Ward, a fateful meeting occurs...

*dramatic music cue*[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]Cang Lao is on the short side, and fairly slim; he is quite athletic, but not overly muscular, possessing a long-limbed and wiry frame. His skin retains the tanned look it has possessed since he was young, although he styles his hair in the topknot fashion of the githzerai monks with whom he dwelt--that is, those githzerai who kept their hair. His clothing and possessions are very simple and lack decoration; he wears the loose tan tunic and pants of the githzerai, belted with a thin rope, and even his breastplate and shield are devoid of adornment. The only truly ornate object Cang Lao owns is the thin-bladed, ruby-encrusted longsword his father possessed, a blade called Xue-ye, which Cang now wears at his side in its original scabbard.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Anthony (Tony) Orchidaceae
Race: Aasimar
Class: Beguiler 4
Alignment: NG

Strength: 10
Dexterity: 12 +1
Constitution: 12 +1
Intelligence: 16 +3 Level 4 bonus
Wisdom: 12 +1
Charisma 18 +4

VP: 21
WP: 12
Speed: 30
BAB: +2
AC: 12
DR: 1
Initiative: +1

Fort: +2 (Base+1, Con+1)
Ref: +2 (Base+1, Dex+1)
Will: +5 (+4, Wis+1)

Class Features:
Armored Mage
Trapfinding
Cloaked Casting (+1 DC)
Surprise Casting

Racial Features:
Darkvision 60 ft.
Electricity Resistance: 5
Fire Resistance: 5
Bless 1/day at character level
Calm Emotions 1/day

Skills:
Bluff +11 (7 ranks, Cha +4)
Diplomacy +16 (7 ranks, Cha +4, Misc +5)
Forgery +10 (7 ranks, Int +3)
Knowledge (Sigil) +10 (7 ranks, Int +3)
Listen +10 (7 ranks, Wis +1, Misc +2)
Search +10 (7 ranks, Int +3)
Sense Motive +10 (7 ranks, Wis +1, Misc +2)
Speak Language (1 rank)
Spellcraft +10 (7 ranks, Int+3)
Spot +3 (Wis +1, MIsc +2)

Feats:
Skill Focus: Diplomacy
Negotiator

Languages:
Planer Trade
Celestial
Bariaur
Rebus
Modron

Equipment:
Commoner’s Clothes
Leather Armor: 10 gp 15 lb.
Dagger: 1 gp 1 lb.
Heward’s Handy Haversack: 2’000 gp 15 lb.
Bag of Holding 1: 2’500 gp 15 lb.
Rust Colored Bag of Tricks: 3’000 gp
Mimir: 2’000 gp
Pen of Endless Ink: 80 gp
Paper Sheets x20: 4 sp
Map/Scroll Case x2: 1 gp 0.5 lb.
Small Steel Mirror: 10 gp 0.5 lb.

[sblock=Description and Background]Anthony has short, light brown hair and extremely bright blue eyes. He has a fair complexion. He is of about average height for an Aasimar at 5’ 10” but is a bit thinner than most. He wears plain clothes that seem somehow unsuited to him. He also wears a set of leather armor that looks as though he has had it for a considerable amount of time. On his belt is a quite unremarkable dagger.

His family is a bunch of top shelf types, and his parents are both Aasimar. His dad is a mercykiller. However, perhaps due in part to teenage rebellion, he despised the mercykillers and their methods and ran away from home he ended up in the Hive, and somehow through shear luck, manage to survive long enough for someone decent to find him and decide to teach him how not to die like a berk. His parents are both Aasimar and he has two sisters, one two years older and one a year younger. He has not see anyone in his family since he left home.

The person who took him in and took care of him was Dinah Harin, a human woman who was born in Sigil and apparently ended up living in the Hive due to some family tragedy. Of course she never speaks of it, just as Anthony avoids speaking of his own past. Over the years he has continued working with her as an information gatherer and broker, as well as a part time tout. For the most part this has gone smoothly. He’s made many contacts, including the a Modron Outcast commonly referred to as Modoc, and an old male Bariaur named Kalel, both of whom taught him the languages of their former cultures. He has also learned to communicate with the Dabus better than most due in no small part to actually trying. He’s found that they can be quite well informed at times. Other contacts are: Holes, a (formerly male human) zombie that always has fliers and whatnot pinned to his body. Jerid, a male tiefling Chaosman who is often actually talking about something if you pay close attention. Lilly, a female tiefling, and a sensate who clearly has some succubus ancestors and takes full advantage of the traits this bestows on her to get by, though she avoids sucking the life out of anyone. Though she is a Sensate she is also rather cowardly, and so has never tried anything that she thinks would be dangerous. Lorne, a male Aasimar with distinctly elven features… well they would be to someone who knew what elves looked like. He’s a slightly experienced Planewalker and trader.

One day while he was walking along, tapping his left leg with the fingers of his left hand, he suddenly found himself in a giant field of vegetation. Staring around aghast at all of the green, taking deep breaths so as not to panic, he looked around himself, behind himself, above, and bellow, for some sign of the door. Unfortunately, he didn't see one, he wandered in a general direction for several minutes slowly starting to feel much more at ease. Almost unnaturally, though he was still completely lost. Just as he was starting to wonder whether or not there were any people on this plane, because as pleasant as it was, it was also kind of lonesome, he heard a soft rustle and looked all around and finally up to see the second most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. "Uh..." He said, as she landed. "Are you an angel?" The woman nodded and spoke in a voice as beautiful as her appearance. "Yes child, welcome to Ellysium." "Ch-, Child? Are you my great grandmother or somethin?!" The woman cocked an eyebrow amusedly at him. "I don't think so... Look, you look a bit lost, are you in need of aid?" "Oh... welll... um... See... I was kinda just walkin allong, Um... tappin my leg with my left hand... and then bang. I'm here, and the door's gone." The woman looked surprised at first by his words but understanding quickly dawned on her face. "I see, you are from the city of doors. Hm... I know of a portal that can return you there if you wish... but you are welcome to stay here as well." He paused for a moment, thinking it over. This place was certainly nice but, he really did need to return to the cage, there were folks who counted on him. Besides... this place was kind of... boring. "Uh, I better get back... This bur- er, place... is real nice, and I wouldn't mind bangin aroun with ya for a while but... I really oughta get back fore I'm missed. Er, thanks." The woman gave him a small smile, and cast a spell, teleporting them to the shore of a large lake. She pointed to the doorway hanging in the air beside them. "Here we are. Remember my child, that you are always welcome in Elysium." "Yeah, thanks. Seeya round some time, I hope." He stepped through the portal and stumbled at the half foot drop on the other side. Cursing as he dusted himself off he looked around to find himself staring at the buildings of The Lady's Ward. "Augh... I'm gonna be late! I hope I don't run into me old man...." and with that he set off with haste in an attempt to return to the Hive.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Name: Sonata
Race: Human (fey)
Class/Level: Bard 5
Exp

Desc

Strength (STR) 8
Dexterity (DEX) 14
Constitution (CON) 14
Intelligence (INT) 14
Wisdom (WIS) 10
Charisma (CHA) 19

Alignment: Chaotic Good
AC: 17
Hit Points: 6+4d6+10 (30)
Movement: 30'

Init: +2
Base Attack Bonus: +3
Melee Attack: +2
Ranged Attack: +5
Fort: +5
Reflex: +8
Will: +6

Race Abilities
Bonus Feat
Bonus skills

Class Abilities:
Bardic Knowledge (+7)
Bardic Music
- Countersong
- Fascinate
- Inspire Courage (+1)
- Inspire Competence

Skills: 36+36
Bluff +12 (8 ranks + 4 cha)
Get Information +12 (8 ranks + 4 cha)
Diplomacy +16 (8 ranks + 4 cha + 4 synergy)
Knowledge: Local +10 (8 ranks + 2 int)
Knowledge: Factions +5 (3 ranks + 2 int)
Perform (sing) +15 (8 ranks + 4 cha + 3 feat) Special: +2 if combining performance styles
Sleight of Hand +10 (8 ranks + 2 dex) +10 if using Sticky Fingers
Listen +8 (8 ranks + 0 wis)
Sense Motive +8 (8 ranks + 0 wis)
Use Magic Item +9 (5 ranks + 4 Cha)

Feats
1 Fey Heritage
1 Skill Focus: Perform
3 Versatile Perfomance (Dance, string instrument)

Languages - Common, Draconic
, Celestial

Spellcasting (Bard CL 5, DC 14+lvl

Slots: 0 - 3/3, 1 - 3/3, 2 - 1/1

Known
0 - Dancing Lights, Ghost Sounds, Message, Prestidigitation, Light, Lullaby
1 - Expeditious Retreat, Inspirational Boost (SC), Disguise Self, Sticky Fingers
2 - Invisibility, Minor Image, Suggestion

Money - 1140

Weapons -
+1 crossbow, +6 to hit, 1d8+1 dmg, 80', 2335gp
MW rapier +3 to hit, 1d6-1 damage, 320

Armour -
+1 mithril chain shirt, +5ac, 10lbs, 1100gp

Gear -
Mw sitar, 100gp
Spell component pouch, 5gp

Magic -
Cloak of Charisma +2, 4000
Vest of Resistance +2, 4000

Background:

Last edited:

Scurry

First Post
Vervain
Male Human Warlock 5
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 135
Hair: Black
XP: 10,000/15,000

Str: 8 (-1) [0 points]
Dex: 18 (+3) [10 points, +2 item]
Con: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Int: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Wis: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Cha: 16 (+3) [8 points, level bonus]

Class and Racial abilities: Human Racials (+1 skill/level, bonus feat), invocations (least), detect magic, DR 1/cold iron, deceive item
Hit Dice: 5d6+5
Vitality Points: 25
Wound Points: 12
AC: 16 (+4 Dex, +2 armor) [Touch 14, Flat-footed 12]
Init: -2 (+4 Dex, -6 flaw)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +2 [+1 base, +1 Con]
Reflex +5 [+1 base, +4 Dex]
Will +4 [+4 base, +0 Wis]

BAB/Grapple: +3/+2
Melee Atk: +2 (1d4, spiked gauntlet)
Ranged Atk: +7 (3d6, eldritch blast)

Skills:
Bluff +17 [8 ranks, +3 Cha, +6 inv]
Diplomacy +8 [0 ranks, +3 Cha, +6 inv, -1 trait]
Disguise +10 [7 ranks, +3 Cha]
Intimidate +8 [0 ranks, +3 Cha, +6 inv, -1 trait]
Knowledge
(the planes) +10 [8 ranks, +2 Int]
Sense Motive +9 [8 ranks, +1 trait]
Use Magic Device +11 [8 ranks, +3 Cha]
Speak Language [1 rank]

Trait:
Suspicious (+1 Sense Motive, -1 Diplomacy and Intimidate)

Flaw:
Unreactive (-6 init)

Feats:
Able Learner [human bonus]
Point Blank Shot [flaw bonus]
Precise Shot [1st]
Extra Invocation (Eldritch Spear) [3rd]

Languages:
Common, Abyssal, Infernal, Celestial

Invocations Known: DC 13+effective level
Eldritch Blast 3d6
Least: Baleful Utterance, Eldritch Spear, Beguiling Influence, See the Unseen

Equipment:
nifty items:
spiked gauntlet 5gp 1lb
gloves of eldritch admixture 2.5k
bracers* of dex +2 4k
chronocharm of the horizon walker .5k
+1 chain shirt 1.25 25lb
third eye improvisation 1k
*alternate slot from Magic Item Compendium appendix

wands: 2.25k gp total
lesser vigor
shield
blessed aim

scrolls: 100gp total
expeditious retreat
sticky fingers
true strike
joyful noise

Load:
26 lbs; light load
0-26 light, 27-53 medium, 54-80 heavy

1.4k gp

~~~~~~~

Appearance:
Vervain is a gaunt figure, usually in motion, gesticulating with his spiky right gauntlet or pacing. There is a slightly detached quality to his mania, enhanced by the faceted flickering crystal adhering to his forehead. He wears fine clothes, complemented by a very trendy cloak. His hat is a floppy sort, with a plume, sitting atop hair swept neatly back into a short tail. Under the cloak, one might hear the clink of metal rings, or catch sight of a number of scrolls and wands ruining the line of his vest.

Personality:
Well, he used to be the sort that would compact with evil agents and willingly introduce himself to them as "Vervain". Now, he's the sort that thinks that if a fool kid spent all that effort to get various entities to call him something ridiculous like that, he can live with it. He's not so keen on living with the evil agents. He's also friendly (since it never pays to make enemies) and forward thinking (as it's not real pleasant to dwell on the past.)

Background:
It was supposed to be an arcane apprenticeship. After a few months of sacrificing cats, the young-lad-soon-to-be-known-as-Vervain had figured out that: 1. Whatever he was learning, it sure as hell wasn't mage hand 2. It was pretty darn evil 3. They were out of cats, but his master was chalking out another diagram in the cellar.
An apt pupil, he managed to arrive at a workable solution, that is, attack his master first and offer him to the arriving demon in exchange for power. The circumstances might allow one to roughly classify this as self-defense, but that really doesn't excuse Vervain for killing his family later.
Fortunately for his soul, age has mellowed him and the intervening years have allowed the trio of guilt, conscience, and chafing under the not-so-gentle direction of an endless swarm of creatures more powerful than he to cultivate a mighty sense of discontent with his station in life.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases