Which "WG" series adventures have you played?

Which of these adventures have you played as a player or DM?

• WG4 Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • WG5 Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • WG6 Isle of the Ape

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • WG7 Castle Greyhawk

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • WG8 Fate of Istus

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • WG9 Gargoyle

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • WG10 Child's Play

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • WG11 Puppets

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • WG12 Vale of the Mage

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • None of these

Votes: 22 32.8%

Glyfair

Explorer
This run is for the WG series. Yes, the first official module in the series is WG4 (rumors are that Hommlet, ToEE and Tsojancth were going to be 1-3).

Which of these have you played in as a DM or player?

T. Foster

First Post
Only the first 3 (WG4 as part of campaign-play, WG5 & 6 as one-offs). I owned WG7 and 8 but never ran them because they were terrible (especially WG7); the latter (2E era) ones I never even bought -- I scanned them briefly in-store and could tell they weren't anything I wanted a part of. My opinion of post-Gygax Greyhawk is pretty well-known around these parts ;)

P.S. Do people who have played "Maure Castle" in Dungeon 112 get to check WG5?

Last edited:

Delta

First Post
DM'd WG6 -- Isle of the Ape, as a one-shot, converted to 3E. Complete with scale dinosaur models, paleontological posters on the walls, big 8" King Kong toy, etc., etc. I went to town on that baby. (PCs were lost in the Spheres of Thought, btw.)

You probably know that the projected renumbering for WG1-3 was actually published in the adventure list of the Greyhawk '83 boxed set.

Psion

Adventurer
Mord's Fantastic Adventure (played)

I marked Castle Greyhawk, but forgot that was the silly thing. I ran Greyhawk Ruins.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun really is one of my favourite modules of all time as a DM.

That said, it's the only one of this list I've had anything to do with. I've some catching up to do, it seems. :)

Lanefan

Lanefan said:
Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun ... [is] the only one of this list I've had anything to do with. I've some catching up to do, it seems.
Not as much as you might think. WG5 and WG6 are the only other ones worth a damn, IMO.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
People are admitting to playing/running WG7??

WG 4 played a big part in my pre 3rd ed campaing, and I always saw it as an underated module. I have been somewhat amused about how prominent the old imprisoned god has gotten in 3rd ed (though I am coming to regret it, but that is another thread).

Remove ads