Help save my marriage via Tech Support!

Me & my wife have a problem.

I like Monday Night Football. She likes Hereos, which is on Monday.

This has led to some serious discussion about who get what, when. Eventually, we'll get a DVR, but for now we are stuck with me missing a chunk of game every week.

Then I discovered NBC's Video rewind. A magical website where my wife can watch every Heroes Episode at her leisure & I don't have to miss the 2nd & 3rd Quarters. Then we actually tried to used that (string of expletives deleted).

(A LOT more Expletives deleted).

It will not play more than 20 seconds without pausing. I have Broadband, I have everything they say I need (which was a pain to find what the requirements were). But it just won't work.

And their Tech support was less than helpful. Because it doesn't exist. 2 Days of Internet research simply has come down to this.

1. A lot of people are having all sorts of issues with the NBC Player.

2. NBC Tech support seems to be some sort of illeterate monkey or a figment of NBC's imagination, as I found moer about how ticked off people are (I'm now one of the growing army).

So, does anyone here knwo how to get the thing to work (Despite having Highspeed, I live in a rural area, so my Highspeed isn't as fast as other places I lived, but it gets the job done with other less-bandwith intensive tasks.

Assuming that the system DOES work (despite a lot of internet chatter to the contrary). What do I need to do to get the bleepin' vidoes to play without a Stuttering Pause every 10 seconds.

PS. My marriage aint really in any trouble over this, but my Sanity is. ;)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Hiya, Lyric-smyth!

I'm just outside of Chicago with a DSL connection and it chokes up sometimes for me, but only rarely.

Do you have Netflix? They've been putting the Heroes episodes up on their streaming video section the week after the original airing and it works pretty well.

Does it make a difference what size picture you use?

Last edited:

Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Do you have Netflix? They've been putting the Heroes episodes up on their streaming video section the week after the original airing and it works pretty well.

Does it make a difference what size picture you use?

Not really. Unless there is an optionional size that you can't use.

The smallest option still stops/starts every 10-20 seconds; as does Medium, as does Full Screen. I'm not sure it is on my end.

I have discovers that G4 is going to start airing Heroes on Sat at 10.

Thus my marriage is saved. Now, if I could just convince my wife that dirty laundry near the clothes hamper is as good as IN the Hamper, all will be bliss. ;)

You have friends, don't you? The woman gets first dibs on the home TV. You go over to a buddy's house to watch football. The woman should always win.

Harmon

First Post
RangerWickett said:
You have friends, don't you? The woman gets first dibs on the home TV. You go over to a buddy's house to watch football. The woman should always win.

Sounds like some real wisdom.

You might even consider a seeing if she wants to make a girl's night of Heroes and you can make a guys night of the football. :)

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
Or you could just watch Heroes cos it's cool and forget the football 'cos it's not even a real sport anyway! <ducks for cover>

GlassJaw

Hero
Get another TV.

Let her watch Heroes/watch Heroes with her and miss an hour of the game. I'm a big football fan but it's just MNF. No big deal.

drothgery

First Post
GlassJaw said:
Get another TV.

Let her watch Heroes/watch Heroes with her and miss an hour of the game. I'm a big football fan but it's just MNF. No big deal.

Counterpoint: Last night. (okay, I'm a Packers fan)

Remove ads