Strahd's Goblinoid campaign "Yar Gock". CLOSED

Welcome to the OOC thread players
Here is some important and valuable information regarding goblin society, I posted maps and other useful information in the RG, please check post 2 over there.
I wish up a joyful, evil game. :]

Last edited:

Notes on Goblin Culture

The concept of privacy is largely foreign to goblins, thus the tribe shares communal sleeping quarters, except for the High priest and the Tribe’s chief. Goblins have no concept of monogamy, all adults in the community share in communal marriage, with the alpha male (The Mogur) having first choice from all available mates. Pair bonding is unknown but affection is not, and his favorites may form an unofficial harem.
Children, the inevitable result of such casual carnality, are frequent – the average female goblin is pregnant about once a year from the age of ten to thirty five – but child mortality is high. A goblin lucky enough to avoid death from hunger, disease, or violence lives some 50 years.
While females usually are for producing goblins-imps, The males engage in hunting every day, sometimes bringing down prey as large as a deer but more commonly concentrating on small game such as rabbits, camprats, and birds.
The Small ponds near their caves supplies fish, mussels, crawdads, water-bugs and other edibles. The Yar-Gock tribe formerly brewed a fishhead beer, but the only goblins who knew the art perished in an unlucky raid and all attempts to rediscover the trick by trial and error have proved disastrous, foul-smelling failures, undrinkable even by a goblin.
Females goblins dig tubers, collect nuts, acorns, and wild grains. All these are throwen into a huge ever-boiling cauldron filled with goblin-stew – a mess of boiled bones, bits of rat, edible plants, and anything left over from previous meals.
All goblins like this stew, Hobgoblins and Bugbears turn their noses up at it.
Most goblins goods are foraged and stolen but they do make garments and leather goods (such as pouches, slings, belts, and thong), Crude weapons and simple tools.
Goblins are fairly skilled at mining, their work is not up to dwarven standards, but adequate for their needs.
Burial customs don’t exist. “grave goods” in other cultures are quite practically recycled for use by the living. Bodies are left for scavengers. Hence, adventurers never stumble upon “lost tombs of the goblin-king”. The idea of carefully locking away dead bodies with useful stuff is incomprehensible and only a proof that all other races are quite mad.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
You said there was a lot. I did not expect that much. Hopefully I will read it tomorrow.

FreeXenon

Well written and detailed.

I just noticed in the Rogues Gallery that you did not want us to post yet. Should we request to have our characters removed and posted a little later?

Rhun

First Post
Hey Strahd,

I'm making a few minor changes to my PC based on the other PCs selected for your game. They will simply be changes to my druid's skills, but I wanted to let you know I was doing it.

FreeXenon

I might not be able to post until late Friday because my wife returns from a 3 month stint in Belarus.
I'll pick her up tonight and I will be a little be preoccupied for a day or so. ;)

FreeXenon said:
Well written and detailed.

I just noticed in the Rogues Gallery that you did not want us to post yet. Should we request to have our characters removed and posted a little later?

No I forgot to remove it, Please post.

I saw Tallspinner posted in character in the RG ... I hope Micar sin and doghead will post as well, if not, I'll begin only with 3 players or I'll find someone else.

FreeXenon

Well, color me excited to be able to play the other side of the adventuring coin.
The Dark Side!

Remove ads