D&D 3E/3.5 D&D 3.9E = D&D 3.5E SRD + 4E changes + wiki

Coldspell

First Post
I've been watching D&D 4E news and rumors sites when the idea for "D&D 3.9E" hit me:

By updating D&D 3.5E SRD content with rule changes from D&D 4E news sources, perhaps "D&D 3.9E" could be a stepping stone from one edition to the next. Why wait to playtest some of 4E's rule changes? :)

I've started a public wiki, a "living" SRD seeded with some of the juicy details from EN World and Gleemax. This wiki ain't pretty and clearly needs help! Please feel free to contribute, adding 4E information or improving the text and organization. Reasonable rumors and comparisons to relevant sources (such as Star Wars: Saga Edition or the Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords) are acceptable.

http://dnd39.jottit.com/

I realize this project is really viable is not really viable, given the small amount of incomplete and inconsistent information about 4E rules. But a public wiki structured like the d20 SRD still seems like a nice way to organize 4E news for reference.

coldspell (chris)

Last edited:

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
I saw that you need to sign in to post info there. Your effort might go better with a more anonymous wiki-- one that just anyone on any computer can post to w/o signing in. You would certainly be able to get more "leaked" info that way from people not wanting to be sued for violating NDAs.

In 1999 and 2000, this site was fueled by discolsures by anonymous play testers. The more information that came, the more people wanted to play 3E.

For 4e, the updates all look like they came from WotC's PR department, with the exception of that stat-card for the Spine Devil-- which I recently read in another post was a leak.

To get good info, people need to know they can be anonymous-- else your info will be limited to what Wizards officially releases-- which so far is not much.

Hopefully you'll be able to get the following:

An actual race game stats
a class
a feat
a spell (preferably higher than 9th level)
a "power" that isn't a spell
etc-- the sorts of things we read about on this site back in 2000

Coldspell

First Post
Thanks for the feedback, epochrpg.

Anonymous edits are allowed. You do not need to register or sign-in to Jottit.com to edit the wiki. I just double-checked this from a different computer.

coldspell (chris)

Remove ads