Trail of Cthulhu -- interview and commentary

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'm getting really excited for Ken Hite's Trail of Cthulhu. I'm running this rules set at the EN World game day next weekend, and everything I've heard about Trail of Cthulhu is very promising.

To wit, I just saw an interview about the game, as linked from interesting commentary in Robin Laws's blog.

trail%20cover.jpg

I want!

8. You've said in the past that Call of Cthulhu is your favourite game. How will Trail of Cthulhu improve on CoC?

It won't "improve on" Call of Cthulhu across the board; it will do some things more easily, and with a different feel or emphasis. The 1966 Shelby Mustang is my favorite car, but it's not a particularly good SUV. Sashimi is my favorite food, but it's not what I necessarily want for breakfast.
Cop-out!

ivocaliban

First Post
Piratecat said:
I'm getting really excited for Ken Hite's Trail of Cthulhu. I'm running this rules set at the EN World game day next weekend, and everything I've heard about Trail of Cthulhu is very promising.

To wit, I just saw an interview about the game, as linked from interesting commentary in Robin Laws's blog.

trail%20cover.jpg

I want!

Nice find! I loved Ken Hite's work on Nephilim, but it's not a game I could ever get anyone to play. Maybe I'll do a little better with this one. ;)

Furtive Noise

First Post
Looks good; though for some reason I kept reading the title as 'Trial' of Cthulhu, and trying to wrap my head around the image of a caged god explaining himself in court was interesting. 'It wasn't me, all these cultists were the ones wreaking havok in my name."

trancejeremy

Adventurer
The '66 version of the Shelby Mustang isn't that great. Only had a 289 that was modified a little bit. It wasn't until 67 that they got 428s, and not until '68 did it get the famed Cobra Jet engine.

And while I wouldn't say they are bad cars, they are overated a bit. The 69-70 Boss Mustangs were much better cars overall. The earlier mustangs didn't handle very well, too skinny.

Last edited:

Mark Hope

Adventurer
One of the guys in our group is a big CoC fan (he doesn't post here but goes by the handle of Nellkyn) and has been going on about this quite a bit recently. We'll probably be giving it a shot sometime in the next couple of months - which would be great as Nellkyn is an awesome GM and knows the genre very well indeed :).

P

PaulofCthulhu

I know Nellkyn, please do say "Hello" from me.

Although I could do that perfectly well myself, I guess. :)

Mark Hope

Adventurer
PaulofCthulhu said:
I know Nellkyn, please do say "Hello" from me.

Although I could do that perfectly well myself, I guess. :)

:D

I'd imagine that you could (your reputation precedes you somewhat, heh heh...)

But I'll be sure to pass on your greets next week when we hook up again :).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases