Pathfinder: Burnt Offerings [Recruiting closed. Party Selected]

hewligan

First Post
Burnt Offerings, Rise of the Runelords - Pathfinder Adventure Path 1, Adventure 1

Recruitment is now closed. I will cogitate and deliver my chosen party today. Many thanks to all for submitting such excellent concepts!

Recruitment Open Call. Please submit simple character outline (stats, class, race, etc.), and details on who your character is and what brings them to Sandpoint. Open call ends midnight Thursday November 1st. Selected characters will be announced Friday November 2nd, with aim to complete character creation by the start of the next week and begin the real fun.

Needed: Heroes!
The town of Sandpoint needs you, although ... well ... they don't quite know that yet!

But they do, so get moving. Now!!!

Recruiting 4 bright young things, motivated by goodness and valor, or, I guess, fame and fortune. Either will do.

This game is going to follow the Burnt Offerings adventure, the first of 6 adventures in the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path. This adventure is meant to take character from level 1 to 4. If it is successful, I may carry on with the rest of the Adventure Path (that is my ambition, but let's keep it to this single adventure to begin with and see how we get on).

Adventure Background:

Sandpoint has faced many hardships but also great prosperity in its 42-year history. A small town on the Varisian Bay, fisher-men, farmers, and other simple folk make the community one of the rare truly peaceful havens in Varisia. Yet, while the townsfolk have known dark times in the past, a new shadow has begun to loom over the unsuspecting town.

Emerging from the shadow of these events, though, Sandpoint has healed and rebuilt, with many townsfolk viewing the coming dedication of a new church (the old one was burnt to the ground, taking Father Tobyn and his pregnant daughter with it) as a symbolic end to the healing and return to normality.

The 8 Magical Rules:

1) You must NOT have read the Pathfinder Adventure Arc: Rise of the Runelords
2) You may, however, go ahead and read the excellent Players Guide (free PDF here)
3) You must be able to post once a day, pretty much every day, except for a gap at Christmas/New Year of course (I will be drunk, you should be too!) If you fail to post, I will assume a logical action for your character. If absence continues a replacement will be drafted
4) NO POWERGAMERS! I like roleplay, and will reward for it. I know the rules, but I am a flexible GM who lets the story dominate. You are not going to get penalised for acting in character, quite the contrary.
5) SRD only (except ... see 8 below). This means no funny classes, no gimped races, no level adjustments, etc. The only addition is that you can use anything you find in the Pathfinder Players Guide (see 2 above)
6) Oh, and you are level 1. Yup, you guys suck!
7) One variation to standard rules is that I reward an ability enhancement at each even level, meaning 2, 4, 6, 8, etc. This is twice as fast as normal, but the way I see it, a character who starts out physically weak at level 1 should at least have the option of having a strength of 18 by the time they hit level 20
8) Any in-game rolls will be done using Invisible Castle, using your ENWorld login name
9) Queen Ileosa (see 2 above, pg 13) is mine. Any PC found hitting on her, or otherwise deemed to be making moves towards her will be energy drained by the mini-wight I keep in my pocket

Character Creation:

I need 4 characters, as mentioned above, and all need to be created with reasons to be in Sandpoint at the campaign’s beginning (they could have been sent to take part in the dedication of the new church, they could be locals, merchants, even minor criminals allowed to watch the ceremony under the supervision of the sheriff on grounds of good behaviour. Whatever that takes your fancy.

1) Point Buy System: 28 points. Sounds low, but it is a lot more than the sample characters provided in the adventure, and I will be allowing a single point attribute increase at each even level, so my advice would be to not waste your points with 18s at level 1
2) Any standard race and class (so no drow or tiefling)
3) Standard starting gold, and feel free to buy whatever you can afford, although you can leave equipment until I narrow down the final four
4) Only good characters, or at worse I will consider LN
5) We need 1 each of the following:
- Fighter/Paladin/Ranger/Barbarian/Monk - aka "damage dealer"
- Cleric/Druid - aka "damage healer"
- Wizard/Sorcerer - aka "magic monkey"
- Rogue/Bard - aka "skill monkey"
6) If someone has posted a fighter already, but you think you have a great ranger concept, go for it. I am not going with the first to post, but will pick the best entries. If there are two good entries in one class, and none in another, I may ask someone to take part, but chose a new character if they don't mind
7) Full hit points at level 1, you are going to need them!
8) Starting gold, use the average as listed on page 111 on PHB (see post 11 below)
9) You can take a free feat from the Pathfinder players guide, if desired. Yes, free!!!

This adventure looks like it could be a lot of fun. It starts off with a bit of humour, but gets darker and harder as time goes on.

Who wants to play?????

UPDATE: Party selected. Please see post 20!

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
Actually, I'm very interested in playing in this campaign, but in full disclosure I am a subscriber to Pathfinder and GameMastery Adventures.

Now, as of yet, I've not read either Pathfinder 1 or 2, as I currently have no opportunity to run them and I'm shelving them, as I get them, for later usage.

So, with that said, is that acceptable and may I create a character for your review and hopeful approval?

Hopefully it is okay if I work on the concept while waiting for your permission.

Addendum - Done, removed cost of main outfit, per DM comment below of one free outfit, and removed crossbow and bolts.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Kael Saern
[B]Class:[/B] Sorcerer
[B]Race:[/B] Human (Varisian)
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Desna

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 5 (1d4+1)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +0     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 
[B]Int:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +3
[B]Cha:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -X         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 00%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +0    +0    +2    +0    +0    +0    12
[B]Touch:[/B] 12              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 10

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +1          +1
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +2          +2
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    +0          +2

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical     Range[/B]
Sling                     +2     1d4        x2            50 ft.
Dagger                    +0/+2  1d4        19-20x2       10 ft.
Quarterstaff              +0     1d6        x2

[B]Familiar:[/B] 
[B]Name:[/B] Mal     [B]Type:[/B] Dog     [B]Hit Dice (Hit Points):[/B] 1d8+2 (10 hp)
[B]Armor Class:[/B] 16 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 13
[B]Attack(s):[/B] Bite +2 melee (1d4+1)     [B]Full Attack:[/B] Bite +2 melee (1d4+1)
[B]Abilities:[/B] Str 13, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Saving Throws:[/B] Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1
[B]Skills:[/B] Jump +7, Listen +5, Spot +5, Survival +1     [B]Speed:[/B] 40 ft.
[B]SQ:[/B] Empathic Link, improved evasion, low-light vision, scent, shared spells

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Varisian, and Shoanti

[B]Abilities:[/B] Arcane Spell Casting, Summon Familiar

[B]Feats:[/B] 
Alertness (via Familiar bond)
Scribe Scroll
Spell Focus (Transmutation)
Varisian Tattoo (Transmutation: [I]Mage hand[/I])

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 16       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Bluff                      1    +3          +4
Concentration              2    +1          +3
Craft (Alchemy)            1    +1          +2
Hide (cc)                  1    +2          +3
Knowledge (arcana)         3    +1          +4
Listen (untrained)         0    +0    +5    +5
Move Silently (cc)         1    +2          +3
Sleight of Hand (cc)       1    +2          +3
Spellcraft                 3    +1          +4
Spot (untrained)           0    +0    +2    +2

[B]Spells per Day[/B]  [B]Spells Known[/B]  [B]Spell Save:[/B] +3
0-level     5                   4                  13
1st-level   4                   2                  14
2nd-level   1                   -                  15
3rd-level   1                   -                  16

[B]Spells[/B]

[B]0-level[/B]

Detect Magic, Mending, Message, Ray of Frost

[B]1st-level[/B]

Feather Fall, Magic Missle

[B]Foci and Material Components[/B]
Short length of copper wire, several (Message)

[B]Equipment on Self:       Cost  Weight[/B]
Explorer's Outfit        N/A   N/A
Pouch, belt              1gp    .5lb
Scarf, pocketed          8gp    2lb
Scarf, reinforced        10gp   2lb
Backpack                 2gp    2lb
Dagger                   2gp    1lb
Quarterstaff             -      4lb
Sling                    -      0lb
-Bullet (20)             2sp    10lb
Case, scroll or map      1gp    .5lb
Waterskin                1gp    4lb
[B]Total Weight:[/B]25b      [B]Money:[/B] 2gp 8sp 7cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]              0-33   34-66   67-100   200   500

[B]Equipment on Cart:       Cost  Weight[/B]
Cart                     15gp   200lb
Bedroll                  1sp    5lb
Blanket, winter          5sp    3lb
Scholar's Outfit         5gp    6lb
Canvas, 10 sq.ft.        1gp    10lb
Chalk, 10                10cp    -
Chest                    2gp    25lb
Firewood (1 day)         1cp    20lb
Flask, Oil               1sp    1lb
Lamp, Common             1sp    1lb
Grappling Hook           1gp    4lb
Rope, Hemp 100 ft.       2gp    20lb
Ink, 1 vial              8gp     -
Inkpen                   1sp     -
Parchment, 20 Sheets     2gp     -
Rations, Trail(4 days)   2gp    4lb
Sacks, empty, 3          3sp    1.5lb
Soap, 1lb                5sp    1lb
Tent                     10gp   20lb
Torch, 10                1sp    10lb
Whetstone                2cp    1lb
[B]Total Weight:[/B]332.5lb (132.5 w/o Cart)

[B]Age:[/B] 17
[B]Height:[/B] 5'11"
[B]Weight:[/B] 172lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Amber
[B]Hair:[/B] Dark Auburn
[B]Skin:[/B] Olive
Appearance:

Kael Saern has a pleasant look about him, which may be due to his catlike amber eyes, dusky varisian complextion, or easy smile that is usually upon his face that is framed by dark auburn locks that hanf loosely about his neck and shoulders. Of average height and build, Kael looks like a young varisian male recently caught by wanderlust, a fact emphisised by his first adult beard; a trimmed mustache and goatee add to his smile with the same golden-red hue that is upon his head.

He is dressed like an explorer in clothes that are more road worn than you would think about such a young man. The tones are virbant, yet earthy in a mix of browns, greens, and yellows found in nature. His leather boots are a reddish-brown with a brass ring on either side of the ankle that offset the more yellow-brown of his leather breeches. Tucked into the breeches is a green shirt with a pocketed brown leather vest worn over it. About his waist is a dark brown leather belt pouch, with a simple varisian sash worn just above it. Over all of this is a leather long coat that gathers just above his ankles and has another varisian scarf about his neck, worn close if needed.

Background:

Born under a full moon, colored crimson, it was known that Kael had the blood about him, which when you add to it his smoldering locks and eyes was almost a guarentee that the young varisian child would grow to be a sorcerer. This fact was more of a guarentee when his parents, Jal and Wren were taken into account; both were adventerous spirits that many swore would never have children due to their wanderlust and not a lack of trying.

Yet, when Wren found herself with child there was no regret for either parent, as they knew their child, boy or girl, would be special and either a successor for the father or mother. Although Kael learned much from both parents, he took more after his mother's mystical ways than his father's skill with hand and shadow. Fortunately, his sister Tauni was born a year later and took quite tightly to the shadows and deft handed skills that Jal taught and loved.

Once the children were old enough, which their parents felt was 12 for Tauni and 13 for Kael, they began to take them exploring old ruins, wilderness, and other places of adventurer. Although many might see this as child endangerment, the family never went anywhere truly dangerous, or at least anywhere they could not escape from rather quickly, and the children enjoyed their learning experiences.

It was during this time that Kael picked up a knack for alchemy, it was mainly out of curiosity and need than any natural ability, but the young man found selling thunderstones and tanglefoot bags a rather unique way of picking up a few coins in the cities and townships they visited.

A year ago Kael decided it was time to see the path on his own and although his parents worried, they knew their son would be alright, plus Wren surprised everyone when she found herself with child rather late in life; Jal said, though, that it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Over the course of the next year Kael and his cart, pulled by a horse named Sarle, travelled with several varisian caravans in the area north of the Yondabakari River and between Ember Lake and the Varisian Gulf, including stopping over in Sandpoint a time or two. Kael, though, was feeling a pull toward the farther north and he was planning to split from the current caravan he was travelling and join another heading for Ravenmoor and beyond.

However, the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray and have led Kael to the town of Sandpoint, where he recently found himself stranded when his cart was rendered horseless one night. Although the screams awoke young Kael, it was not in time to save his faithful horse, who had stretched her tether outside of the camp for a particular desireable patch of grass.

Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
Awesome. This new setting looks very intriguing and for once I have found a thread without 37 post before I get to it.

My character concept would be a Shoanti male barbarian 1 (Shadde Quah).

Appearance

Jokad is a towering lanky youth just starting to fill out his impressive frame. Swarthy skinned and blue eyed he keeps his head cleanly shaved in accord with the Shoanti traditions. Tattoed on his inner forearms are several vaguely animal shaped runes; one for each of the rites of manhood he passed to become a full fledged warrior of the Shadde Quah. As further evidence of his allegience he proudly bears the 'Brand of the Axe' on his upper right arm.

He tends to dress in the dark brown hides and buckskins of his native Steppes with his more Varisian style leather armor worn over a sleeveless wool tunic, leather breechs, and knee high doe skin boots. A well worn gray cloak is draped over his shoulders reaching to mid calf. He tends to wear his armor at all times and is seldom found without at least his throwing axe belted at his waist.

Backstory

Born into a nomadic clan of the Shadde Quah tribe he was forever pressing the elders of what lay beyond the next peak. When the rare trader came to camp, Jokad was drawn to the exotic stranger like a magnet and was mesmerized by the stories of glorious cities and wonderous magics. His parents tried to squash his 'foolish' dreams but the harder they pressed the more stubborn he became. His value to the Clan was great. He was growing into a powerful warrior and hunter. But he was not happy. He longed to explore and when that next trader arrived in late spring he left with him and has not looked back.

Jokad has spent the last few months with Durgam and his small trade expedition travelling the steppes, down the Storval Stair, along the Lampblack River to the lake towns of Wolf's Ear and Galduria before making an ill fated overland trek to Sandpoint.

About three days out of Sandpoint and deep into the wilds, Gorum's small band ran afoul of a hungry male owlbear. Jokad awoke to the terrified squeal of one of the pack animals being ripped asunder as the massive creature stormed into their camp. Gorum and his men were used to hard living and had seen their share of battles, but caught unawares they were at a severe disadvantage. Spears flew and bows twanged but two of the men were down within seconds. Gorum and Jokad squared off against the menacing beast and managed to give better than they got... for a time. A back hand swat launched Jokad into the trunk of a tree breaking ribs and stunning him for second. The grisled Gorum saved the young barbarian by drawing the beast fully toward him and paid for it dearly. Gorum took its eye but nearly lost his leg for the effort. The enraged beast blindly crashed off into the woods to lick its wounds but Gorum was nearly dead.

Recovering quickly Jokad staggered to his feet and help Gorum staunch the flow of blood. Hastily grabbing a few items from camp Jokad hoisted Gorum to his feet and together they stumbled off into the darkness before the owlbear or the numerous wolf packs came back for the kill.

Together they stumbled into Sandpoint some 6 days later; dirty, hungry, and Gorum suffering from a fever from the infected wound. The local priest, tried to help Gorum but he was too far gone and slipped comfortably into death 2 days later. Jokad was now alone in a foreign land amongst strangers.

That was two weeks ago.

Jokad has remained in Sandpoint to repay his honor debt to the priest for his efforts. Not a craftsman by nature, Jokad has assisted Abstalar in getting the new church ready for its grand opening. He has generally kept a low profile about town but is growing more comfortable with the townsfolks' accepting manor. His debt is almost repaid and the young giant is unsure where his steps will lead next.

Jokad
[sblock]

Race: Human
Class: Barbarian 1 (Shadde Quah - Axe Clan)
Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 220 lbs
Alignment: Neutral Good

Abilities:

Str: 15 +2 mod
Dex: 14 +2 mod
Con: 14 +2 mod
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 12 +1 mod

AC: 17 (10+ 3 armor + 2 shield +2 dex)

HP: 14 (1d12+2)

Initiative: +2

Base Attack Bonus: +1

Speed: 40ft

Saving Throws:
FOR: 4 (2 base + 2 con)
REF: 2 (0 base + 2 dex)
WIL: 0 (0 base+ 0 wis)

Attacking:
Grapple: +3

Battle Axe (+3 to hit, d8+2 dmg)

Short Bow (+3 to hit, d6 dmg)

Skills: (only those with ranks or misc mods)

Intimidate: +7 (4 ranks + 1 CHA + 2 totem spirit)
Climb: +5 (4 ranks + 2 STR - 1 armor check)
Jump: +5 (4 ranks + 2 STR - 1 armor check)
Listen: +4 (4 ranks)
Survival: +4 (4 ranks)

Class Features:
Rage (1/day - 8 rounds)
Illiterate
Fast Movement +10ft

Feats: (1 for 1st level, 1 for race, 1 regional bonus)
Totem Spirit (Shadde-Quah)
Power Attack
Cleave

Equipment:

Explorers outfit
Studden Leather Armor
Heavy wooden shield
battle axe
throwing axe
shortbow
(20) arrows

Backpack
bedroll
sack
waterskin
sunrod

belt pouch
flint & steel
whetstone

Carrying Capacity:
Light Load: 66 lbs Weight carried: 57 lbs
Med Load: 133 lbs
Heavy Load: 200 lbs

Languages:
Common
Shoanti

Money:

11 gp, 8 sp

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
I, too, am interested in joining the group of players representing a stalwart band of adventurers and would-be-saviors. I would love to play a warhammer wielding dwarven fighter from Magnimar. I picture a relatively young dwarf who has recently separated his fate from the master artisan he trained under at his parents' behest. He has discovered that he has much more of a taste for the open road and adventure than for the hot forge, and thus he signed on as a guard for a caravan bringing goods from Magnimar to Sandpoint. Newly arrived in the coastal town, he is unsure of his next destination. He knows he doesn't want to head back to Magnimar, but has no idea where he does want to go. More details will follow.

Dolan, son of Danath
Dwarf fighter 1
Neutral Good
AC 17
HP 13
Init +1

Str 15 (8 points)
Dex 12 (4 points)
Con 16 (6 points, +2 racial)
Int 12 (4 points)
Wis 10 (2 points)
Cha 10 (4 points, -2 racial)

Feats
Weapon Focus (warhammer)
Power Attack
City Born (Magnimar)

Equipment
Warhammer
Heavy Steel Shield
Scale Mail
Throwing Axe

Skills
Craft (armorsmithing) +5 (4 ranks, +1 int)
Intimidate +2 (2 ranks, +0 cha)
Jump -2 (2 ranks, +2 str, -6 ACP)
Swim -6 (4 ranks, +2 str, -12 ACP)

Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
hewligan,

Are you allowing the 'Feats of Varisia' on pg 13 of the players guide, and if so are they bonus feats as they propose? Meaning, do we get to choose 1 extra feat during charcter creation or do they count just like any other?

Thanks,

Frostrune

hewligan

First Post
You may all chose one of the Pathfinder bonus feats from the free PDF as a bonus feat, meaning for free at first level. So, in short, your tattoos are fine and free (and you will be stuck with them for the rest of your life young man!)

Dog is fine for a familiar, and in fact is quite pertinent for the adventure. It may not last long, though! i am happy for you to use the dog from the monster manual, with +3 to listen sounding reasonable. I may also drop in some scent hints on occasion.

Characters look good so far. Try and put in a few sentences about why they would find themselves in Sandpoint.

Friadoc

Explorer
Awesome!

Thanks for the feedback, as well as suggestions, hewligan, I'll get the familiar information added to my character sheet in the morning.

No worries on whether or not the pup lasts long, unlike some not only do I remember my familiar, in addition to using him, but I use them with a modicum of common sense, too.

*grins*

If I wouldn't stick my own head around a corner, I don't plan on sticking his around it, either.

But, if you're referring to some of the fun lines from the goblin song, then I'm cool with that, too.

Heck, my background hints at the possibility of my horse having been taken out by a goblin, just because I love the art for them and that song is stuck in my head. I actually bought the shirt and wear it to my weekly game, from time to time.

Fenris

Adventurer
Hewligan,
Sounds like fun. I'll toss my hat in. Skill monkey for me.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Jovik
[B]Class:[/B] Rogue
[B]Race:[/B] Human (Chelaxian-Magnimar)
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] CG
[B]Deity:[/B] Cayden Cailean and Desna

[B]Str:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 15 +2 (08p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 6 (1d6+0)
[B]Con:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +1     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] XX/XXXX
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] XX
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +2    +X    +2    +X    +X    +X    14
[B]Touch:[/B] 12              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 12

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +0          +0
[B]Ref:[/B]                       2    +2          +4
[B]Will:[/B]                      0    +0    +1    +1

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Rapier                    +1     1d6+1      18-20x2
Shortbow                  +2      1d6+0     20x3

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Chelaxian, Varisian

[B]Abilities:[/B] Sneak Attack +1d6, Trapfinding

[B]Feats:[/B] Country Born, Combat Expertise, Improved Feint

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 44       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Appraise                    3    +2          +5
Bluff                       4    +2          +6
Diplomacy                   2    +2          +4
Disable Device              3    +2          +5
Gather Information          2    +2          +4
Hide                        2    +2          +4
Kn: Local                   3    +2          +5
Listen                      3    +0          +3
Move Silently               3    +2          +5
Open Lock                   3    +2          +5
Prof: Fisherman             1    +0          +1
Search                      3    +2          +5
Sense Motive                3    +0          +3
Spot                        4    +0          +4
Swim                        2    +1          +3
Tumble                      3    +2          +5

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Explorers outfit
Leather armor            10gp   15lb
Thieves Tools            30gp   1lb
Backpack                  2gp    1 lb
Hemp rope 50'             1gp    5 lb
Shortbow                 30gp     2lb
20 arrows                 1gp      3 lbs
Rapier                     20gp   2lb
3 Sunrods                 6gp   3lbs

[B]Total Weight:[/B]32lb      [B]Money:[/B] 25gp 

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                43    86   130   130   650

[B]Age:[/B] 18
[B]Height:[/B] 5'8"
[B]Weight:[/B] 160lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Gray
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Fair
Appearance: Jovik is a young lad, ready for his apprenticeship. He has all the boundless energy of young of none of the wisdom of age it seems. The bright twinkle in his eye is constantly finding new things, new adventures, new challenges. He has the robust look of a fisherman, despite his small frame. He wears a simple tunic and breeches usually.

Background:

Jovik was a mischievious lad, the son of a local fisherman. Jovik would have grown up a fisherman like his father, but an inquisitive nature and a lack of respect for the rules lead to a very different life. The local gossip mongers used to wonder wether this stout refugee family of obvious Magnimar ancestry didn't have some Varisian in them. As Jovik grew and his antics grew with him, those same gossips even speculated that Jovik was a Sczarni changleing, switched at birth, such mischief did he cause. Those youthful antics have put him within sight of the town guard. Not that they have caught him, but they're watching him. Jovik liked to test the rules, whatever they were and whoever's they were. He did things on impulse mostly. Small things really, mostly to entertain himself, to see if he could do something. And Jovik was always trying something. Nothing held his attention long, he wanted to be done and moving on to the next thing. So fishing was an exceptional torture to Jovik. At 18 Jovik now needs to be apprenticed or otherwise employed. The thought of being a fisherman is repugnent to him, and his older brothers can carry on that tradition. And the rigid life of an apprentice is too restrictive for a free spirit like Jovik. So Jovik has decided to find his own path in the world, one of adventure and wealth.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I'll toss my hat into the ring as a cleric. Human Cleric, deity to be determined.

Stats probably to look like:

STR 12 (+1) 4 points
DEX 12 (+1) 4 points
CON 14 (+2) 6 points
INT 10 (+0) 2 points
WIS 15 (+2) 8 points
CHA 12 (+1) 4 points

Depending on the deity I choose, he could conceivable be in/passing through Sandpoint on a pilgramage of some sort. I will get more posted after checking through the player's guide again (and once I get home from work).

Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
Hewligan,

Filled in more of Jokad's backstory and gave him a reason for being in Sandpoint. I basically have his character sheet complete except for equipment (thanks for the regional feat perk BTW).

Is this sufficient to what you need for judging puposes?

How do we determine starting money?

Thanks,

Frostrune

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases