S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black OOC - Grinding

s@squ@tch

First Post
@ Voadam: Between the Boots, the Book, the Headband, the wands, and everything else you've crafted, they come to 55,000 gp worth of equipment -- this will be ~ 2200 XP.
Show me how you have calculated your XP when you are ready.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
8th level = 28,000 xp. - 3,000 for the LA+1 buy off option from UA and -2,200 for the items leaves 22,800 xp. 5,200 xp from 8th while everyone else is 8,000 xp away from 9th.

That check out?

s@squ@tch

First Post
I believe you pay 4000 xp for the LA+1 buy-off. You need to have 3 character levels in order to do it, so you would need 10000 total XP, then do the buy-off, which takes you from ECL4 to ECL3, so 10000 --> 6000 XP.

So, yes, I would agree with that, with the modification that you have 21800 xp.

hero4hire

Explorer
s@squ@tch said:
@ H4H: Please post your level progression -- R/R/R/F/F/Gs/Gs/Gs? This affects your total hp's. Also, list how many skill points you received from which class. Also add your equipment weights and Action Points.

I think I am done. :cool:

Voadam

Legend
s@squ@tch said:
I believe you pay 4000 xp for the LA+1 buy-off. You need to have 3 character levels in order to do it, so you would need 10000 total XP, then do the buy-off, which takes you from ECL4 to ECL3, so 10000 --> 6000 XP.

So, yes, I would agree with that, with the modification that you have 21800 xp.

You are correct, I thought it was 1,000 x character level but it is x ECL.

Zurai

First Post
Voadam said:
You are correct, I thought it was 1,000 x character level but it is x ECL.

Actually, you are correct. It's 1000*(ECL-1).

SRD said:
Each time a character's level adjustment is eligible to be reduced, the character may pay an XP cost to take advantage of the reduction. The character must pay an amount of XP equal to (his current ECL -1) × 1,000. This amount is immediately deducted from the character's XP total.

Remove ads