S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
S@squ@tch, will you look ever my character sheet again? I think I got it all fixed up. I changed come feats and my equipment. Everything magical was pre-made lol. I hope I'm set now.

Zurai

First Post
OnlytheStrong, a suggestion: Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot aren't really going to help you much if you intend to be a healer. Since S@squ@tch is allowing the entire Complete series, I suggest the Touch of Healing reserve feat from Complete Champion. Possibly also Healing Devotion as well.

[sblock=Touch of Healing]Requires: Ability to cast 2nd-level spells.
Benefit: (paraphrased) As long as you have a Conjuration (Healing) spell of 2nd level or higher available to cast, you can touch a target to heal 3 hit points per level of the highest-level Conj(Heal) spell you have available as a standard action. This healing cannot take the target above 1/2 health.
As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting Conj(Heal) spells.[/sblock]

[sblock=Healing Devotion]Benefit: Once per day as an immediate action, gain Fast Healing 1 (+1 per 5 character levels) for 1 minute. This effect activates immediately if you have a daily use left and you fall below 0 health.
Alternately, you can use a full-round action to touch someone and grant them the fast healing. This counts as a daily use.
You can recharge a daily use of this feat by spending a turn undead use.[/sblock]

Basically, two ways to heal everyone after a fight without having to use up limited resources. Note that as a good cleric, you always have a Conjuration (Healing) spell available to cast as long as you have a spell remaining, because of your spontaneous healing ability.

Note that I'm not trying to pigeonhole you as a healer; it's just that clerics have very very very few ranged touch spells worth casting, and your crossbow isn't really going to do much more than irritate a giant :)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Also, you don't really need practiced spellcaster, since as a Cleric 8 your caster level is already equal to you HD. You only need Practiced Spellcaster if you have non-spellcasting levels.

Also, as a quick note: Augment Healing adds +2/level of the spell, not your level.

EDIT: A last note, as a cleric you can wear heavier armor than a mithril chain shirt, you might want to look into that.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I liked the effect of the armor, as it can grant me concealment. Per level of spell won't be bad if I can hang onto my cure critical wounds. I have practiced spellcaster for if/when we level. I'm going to multiclass with a non-casting profession.

EvolutionKB

First Post
My I ask what? Pure cleric will be more effective than anything else(other than PrC).

Also, S@s: How do you want skill points to be figured out for those of us that gain int boosting items?

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
But next level is 9th...you'll get a feat. You might as well take something useful now and then pick up practiced spellcaster next level. Also, bear in mind that the concealment granted by that shirt doesn't move with you.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Yeah I just thought about that and took it off my list. Also, I got 4252gp left to spend, and I need a shield. Or.......better magic armor. Only problem is, I'm a moron at making them. So......any help?

Remove ads