S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

s@squ@tch

First Post
Goals

Current:

1) Go to the House Tharashk enclave in Stormreach.
2) Find the remains of the Tharashk search and rescue parties
3) Discover what is behind the giants increased aggression and coordinated attacks.

Completed:

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Doubling up on the front line is good, especially against high damage-output opponents like giants. The first time one of us gets crit for 9d6+39 by a frost giant we'll be glad to have someone else take the heat for a round or two.

For cost effectiveness, I'd recommend having a wand of lesser vigor as well as CLW in the party. It's slower, but gives twice as much healing for the same cash spent.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Every piece of clothing I have added to my cleric heals or causes my heals to be maximized. So, I'm hoping I can keep up with a giants hits. As long as we don't face a milita of giants, I think we may be okay.

Any other kinds of items that could be handy? I'll take anything that can be thought of.

Zurai

First Post
Asenfel's taking a wand of lesser vigor. He can even use it thanks to Deceive Item.

His primary tactics depend on the battlefield. If he has space, fly and use frightening chain to demoralize multiple giants (DC 18 will save or be shaken). If the fighting is restrained to the ground, he'll shatter nonmagical-looking weapons to reduce incoming damage. If we're facing one enemy that's clearly more powerful than the others, he can do an alpha strike: 9d6*150% damage empowered frightening spear from up to 250 feet away. That'll use up all the daily charges on his warlock's scepter and slightly reduce his chance to hit for the rest of the day, though.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I also am bringing a wand to try to blind or stun the giants. So........maybe we can prevent some damage.

**edit** Where are the stats for the lesser vigor wand? I looked through a couple of books and don't see it yet.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Keep in mind that shatter works only on crystalline/brittle objects in an area mode (5' burst).

It can be used on a single object (regardless of composition), which gets a save if attended (like a hill giants club).

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Giants are, of course, going to be a pain in the ass to fight, because they can deal out a lot of damage, they can soak up even more, they have good AC and attack rolls, and they're smart enough to usually be in groups.

Zurai

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
Keep in mind that shatter works only on crystalline/brittle objects in an area mode (5' burst).

It can be used on a single object (regardless of composition), which gets a save if attended (like a hill giants club).

Yep, the "break the club" scenario is what Asenfell will mainly be using it for. The club does get a Will save, but against DC 18 they should fail more often than not. Hill Giants have a +4 Will save, Frosties have +6, and Fire Giants have +9. Anything higher than a Fire Giant will almost assuredly have magical weapons and thus be immune to shatter anyhow. It can also be used to open doors quickly and easily. Shatter the lock, or just shatter the entire door if it weighs less than 80 pounds.

OnlytheStrong said:
**edit** Where are the stats for the lesser vigor wand? I looked through a couple of books and don't see it yet.

Lesser vigor is a 1st level spell with no material components, so a caster level 1 wand of it costs the same as a wand of cure light wounds. The spell itself gives 11 rounds of Fast Healing 1 at caster level 1; in other words, a gauranteed 11 hp heal, just spread out over a little more than a minute.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases