S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
By the way, are we planning to start already in Xen'Drik hunting giants, or start with the arrival? I ask because my character probably joins the party in Xen'Drik, being a native.

Zurai

First Post
Rolzup said:
If anyone has any requests/suggestions for Darv's spells, feel free to speak up -- I don't mind taking advice from those who choose to offer it. I've already given him a Wand of Lesser Vigor, though.

He can take flame strike as a 4th level spell if he buys it as a druidic scroll and inscribes it. That's kinda expensive (700g for the scroll and 400g to scribe it), but getting it a level lower can be worthwhile.

Entangle is another good druidic spell to steal for Archivists, and signifigantly cheaper (125g), and giants have fairly low Reflex saves. They'll be able to make the Strength saves to break out of the entanglement fairly often compared to most other critters, but doing so is a full-round action and they can't even 5-foot step afterwards because of the difficult terrain. Since they'd still be in the entangle radius, they'd stand a fair chance to get re-entangled on your next initiative.

Close Wounds is an excellent level 2 cleric spell. Immediate action for 1d4+5 healing at close range rather than touch, and it can prevent death if the healing raises the target over -10.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Call lightning is pretty good. Also might want to check out the Shugenja spell list from Complete Divine, they've got some pretty awesome stuff.

EDIT: Also, Poison is awesome, especially against high-HD opponents like giants. You'll need a high int because giants have crazy fort saves, but one failure on a save will on average do twice their HD in damage.

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Ugh, I feel like such a noob. I promise I'm not as bad playing as I am at creating magic items :) I think I found something else I can't have. So I will spend ALOT of time tonite going over my sheet and equipment. It will be right by tonight. Promise.

I figure I'm going to have 13k left to spend once I get rid of my equipment that I can't have. Any tips on what to buy with it?

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Metamagic rods could help you with healing, but I think you're going to want some help staying alive, try getting a shield, enchanting that, and putting more enchantment on your armor.

In terms of AC per point, the order in which magic items should be bought as follows: Armor +1, Shield +1, Deflection +1, Natural Armor +1, Armor +2, Shield +2, Dex +2, Armor +3, Shield +3, Deflection +2, Natural Armor +2.

EvolutionKB

First Post
I'd recommend a rod of extend to double the duration of your spells. When you apply Greater Magic Vestment(3rd level spell) to your shield and armor(easy with a pearl of power), you gain a total of +4 to AC for 16 hours.

With Morph's fiery burst feat, he'll never run out of blastiness. He can buff and impede foes as well with slow and haste. I can jump my AC up with trologodyte form of alter self.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Alright, I'm heading home now. I'll be there in like a couple of hours. I am retarded when it comes to creating magic items, so could someone please walk me through it. Enchanted armor or a shield would help me out alot, although I don't plan on getting in the melee part of the battle, you never know what will happen.

Hi, I'm taking the scout spot, let me be in the front line, hiding and sneaking those putrid giants … with me around, we can avoid some of the random encounters. My Githzerai will play hide and seek with those giants, but don't put your faith in his melee fighting skills, he'll throw something from a far and camouflage himself.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases