S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

Shayuri

First Post
I have three competing ideas, all of which I'm fairly excited about. :)

1) Revise Dreadnought into a Warblade instead of a fighter. I've had a chance to play with Tome of Battle in the ages since the game started, and I've seen how it enhances martial play...primarily by giving warrior types -cool things to do- which is something that is traditionally the baliwick of the casters in 3.5e. I think that, coupled with its rejection of the "Ugh, me fighter, me smash" motif in favor of having and needing skill use, would go a long way towards making Dreadnought fun to play.

2) Retire Dreadnought and work in a new caster... Perhaps a druid? Or do we still have one of those?

3) Retire Dreadnought and bring in a new 'tank' to replace him. Perhaps involving barbarian and either sorceror or duskblade (PHB2), and Dragon Disciple.

s@squ@tch

First Post
All three are ok -- #1 would be my preference (as I'm a selfish DM). But you're welcome to explore any of them.

#2 - Domoris is kinda-sorta a druid, I don't believe the warshaper PrC allows for caster progression, but he had either 5 or 6 levels in druid (IIRC). For casters, the group has Morph (Wizard), Dori (new Cleric going to be played by renau1q), Darv (archivist, possibly being retired), and Domoris. Another caster could be worked in if you really want to play one.

#3 - is fine as well - group needs a tank, so if Dreadnought is going away, they will need someone to soak up the damage.

Shayuri

First Post
Option 1 was my preferred choice too, honestly.

Let me work up a Warblade version and post it up in here. hopefully before his turn in init comes up.

s@squ@tch

First Post
@renau1q : did you give me any artwork for Dori -- I need to make a token for him. Not sure if you did way back, but I can't find any.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Please give a warm welcome to renau1q (finally) and rpgramen -- they will be joining Team Gold. renau1q (Dori) will be playing a 8th lvl dwarven cleric, and rpgramen will be playing an 8th lvl human bard.

rpgramen

First Post
Howdy do, folks! And thanks for giving me a chance, S@squ@tch. I'll try to live up to the traditional Bardic expectations of the group and be a font of useless trivia, impromptu heals, crowd control, and musical bufferisms... assuming poor Alain isn't 'nommed by a hungry harpy, of course :p

renau1g

First Post
Please give a warm welcome to renau1q (finally) and rpgramen -- they will be joining Team Gold. renau1q (Dori) will be playing a 8th lvl dwarven cleric, and rpgramen will be playing an 8th lvl human bard.

Wunderbar! Beware giants for Dori's about to be unleashed on you!

Last edited:

rpgramen

First Post
Standard Action: Stand and gurgle like a nematode!

That Harpy's just lucky Alain's dominated. Lo, for thou wouldst have suffered a thousand-and-one songs of the most derogatory and annoying fashions, until thoust head wouldst have imploded from the sheer magnitude of arcane power held aback by naught more than a musical bar!

Oh, who am I kidding? He'd run away, screaming like a little girl the whole way back to Stormreach :p

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
@Shayuri - how is Warblade Dreadnought coming along? He's up in round 2.

@rpgramen - I think Alain might be drooling slightly as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases